[0.24.2] DebRefund v1.0.13

Vendan

Just put it in Gamedata, it doesn't need a folder unless you really want to give it one.

I did the same thing, strapped chutes on my stages and got NOTHING back after I staged. Not even a message stating they were destroyed. I even landed next to one!!!

Does this mod require module manager? I have nothing else installed in my gamedata folder other than NASA parts and squad with Mechjeb2.

Edited by TeeGee

Do the chutes need to be deployed as well or just attached?
I just put the chutes in the same stage as the SRB's are getting decoupled, and it seems to work fine for me (as i can see them chuteing down (though i havent yet tried with a stage from the upper atmo, (where chutes wouldnt deploy for several thousands more feet)

Can someone tell what I am doing wrong? It always tells me the debris crashed hard and I don't get anything back. I tried attaching each (stock) 2 radial chutes, didn't work. 4 radial chutes, didn't work. Then I attached 6 radial chutes and 1 normal chute, still crashing hard. I put them on the small SRB's and decoupled the SRB's at a height of 5km and 200 m/s speed and also put the chutes in the same stage as the decoupler. I saw all chutes activating and the debris also didn't crash into each other. Why do they still "crash" and I won't get money back? I certainly don't have to attach 8 or 10 radial chutes on the small SRB's or do I?

If I can't find a solution I am probably better of not using chutes at all because they all cost a lot of money was well which is then lost.

EDIT: here are some screenshots http://imgur.com/a/iQQbR#3

EDIT EDIT: I have RealChutes installed but was using the stock chutes. The problem was/is probably, that the mod does not work when realchutes is installed, no matter if using stock or the alternativ chutes?

Edited by morph113

I just added RealChute support, so if you've been having debris landed hard issues with RealChute, that should fix it.

I did the same thing, strapped chutes on my stages and got NOTHING back after I staged. Not even a message stating they were destroyed. I even landed next to one!!!

Does this mod require module manager? I have nothing else installed in my gamedata folder other than NASA parts and squad with Mechjeb2.

If you landed next to the stage, that means it never got destroyed by the game engine for flying in an atmosphere. DebRefund only kicks in when that happens.

I've tried it, but parts simply dissapear when fall out of 2.5 km sphere.

In debug console in this very moment log message appears:

[Exception]: ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

Looks like there is some programming error.

I can't get this mod to work correctly. I'll have 3 parachutes on 3 boosters (one for each) strapped together and it still says it hits hard. Shouldn't be the case though I don't think.

I've tried it, but parts simply dissapear when fall out of 2.5 km sphere.

In debug console in this very moment log message appears:

[Exception]: ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

Looks like there is some programming error.

Error fixed, new version up

I just have 2 request for this mod please.

1. Could you put the latest version # of the mod in the title or the first post please.

2. In the zip, could you put the .dll into a folder for easier drag-drop updating.

He put the latest version in the first post as download link. I was going threw a few versions now and he always updated the download link in his first post. Current version 1.0.4. Trying it out right now.

Does this mod just have a single dll file in it or is it missing things? Also your dropbox link is not working. (datacap reached maybe?)

It's just a single dll. Install it just like any other mod: drag it into the gamedata folder.

Does this mod just have a single dll file in it or is it missing things? Also your dropbox link is not working. (datacap reached maybe?)

Yes you just have to put the DLL file into your Data folder. Btw its working fine for me now, got the debris refund.

Adding?

This is the final thing I need for my mod list to be complete! :P

That's the changelog of things that are done. So really, that means Added, not Adding :). It's just copied from my git commit messages

Just a thought, and a question:

Question: Does this recover science and Kerbals as well?

Thought: When sending multiple guys home in multiple capsules, it'd be nice to just get them to intersect Kerbin and, stage the chutes, and then assume they're okay :)

I noticed the same thing, if you send up (for example) a rescue mission designed to split multiple pods up for separate reentry, the game will count the contract as failed. Any way to check those things also?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.