[0.24.2] DebRefund v1.0.13

Vendan

I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but the refund amounts for tanks is off. When the mod refunds money for fuel tanks (doesn't matter if it's an LFO tank or an SRB) it refunds the full purchase price of the tank, INCLUDING the cost of the fuel, regardless of how much fuel you used. This returns way more money than it should, especially for SRB's since about 90% of the expense of SRB's comes from the solid fuel, not the tank itself.

So, for example, if I purchase an RT-10 Solid Fuel Booster for 325, 260 of that cost is coming from the fuel itself. So when I stage this part and completely use up all of its fuel and it lands safely; I should only be refunded 65 for the cost of the tank itself, since that is all that has been recovered. Instead, the current implementation of this mod will refund me 325, as if the tank were still full of fuel.

I also think the percentages that are refunded based on landing speed (88% for green, and 50% for yellow) are way too high and forgiving for the player, but that's just a matter of opinion. :)

get the latest version

when you see the stage touching down, then you will not get any refunds^^ only if the game removes them ~2.5km in atmo.

Oh, so if they land too close to your pod you do not get credit? Is there anyway to fix that? Or maybe make it so you can trigger a manual recovery from the craft or flight control in order to get a refund? It would be awesome to get a full refund if possible.

If you get it from my main download source, it has the version number in the zip. The dll has the version number in it's properties. (both of these were explained a few pages ago). And now, there's a version check system in place, so you'll get a message next time I make an update.

I downloaded from dropbox, I do not see a version in either of those place you mentioned. Would it be possible to get a change log broken down by version as well?

I downloaded from dropbox, I do not see a version in either of those place you mentioned. Would it be possible to get a change log broken down by version as well?

You obviously aren't going to my main download source, which is KerbalStuff, and has a version number in the download, as well as a changelog broken down by version.

You obviously aren't going to my main download source, which is KerbalStuff, and has a version number in the download, as well as a changelog broken down by version.

If one of your download links doesn't point to the current version then you shouldn't list it as an alternate download location.

Also, if you're not going to keep the changlog here up to date then can you at least mention in the original post where you can find it?

If one of your download links doesn't point to the current version then you shouldn't list it as an alternate download location.

Also, if you're not going to keep the changlog here up to date then can you at least mention in the original post where you can find it?

The Dropbox link is current version, it just doesn't have the version number in the file name, that's a service provided by KerbalStuff. The changelogs are the same in both places, KerbalStuff just has a better formatting.

Oh, so if they land too close to your pod you do not get credit? Is there anyway to fix that? Or maybe make it so you can trigger a manual recovery from the craft or flight control in order to get a refund? It would be awesome to get a full refund if possible.

You can already get a refund through the tracking center and hitting debris.

Thank for stepping in where Squad failed to go.

That's why I love the KSP community. Squad doesn't provide a needed function? Our modders to the rescue.

Amen to that, this is a great mod.

The Dropbox link is current version, it just doesn't have the version number in the file name, that's a service provided by KerbalStuff. The changelogs are the same in both places, KerbalStuff just has a better formatting.

Ok I will start using the other download. Thanks.

You can already get a refund through the tracking center and hitting debris.

Ok, so you get the refund when you manually recover, but it does not do any dialog, right? That is good to know.

Maybe there is a way to get it to send a message like the other recoveries just to make everything pretty?

Edited by Smurfalot

Ok, so you get the refund when you manually recover, but it does not do any dialog, right? That is good to know.

Maybe there is a way to get it to send a message like the other recoveries just to make everything pretty?

Actually there are 2 versions of recovery in the official KSP version:

If the landed part has any science points in it (for example due to experiments) it will get an end flight screen togethjer with science and parts listing

If the landed part doesn´t have any science in it, it will silently add the funds (and you will only find out the amount via noting the difference between your funds before and after the recovery)

Funny enough, the official silent recovery has the same bug in it, that DebRefund had in 1.0.5. (and which is now fixed) and that was mentioned last time a page ago (i.e. that the calculations use the value for full fuel tanks instead of empty ones) whereas the official messaged Recovery works correctly.

See here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86638-Recovered-landed-debris-bringing-more-money-than-it-is-worth

(which also means that DebRefund at the moment is more correct than the official silent recovery :D )

get the latest version

You've really gotta make better changelog notes mate.... You could probably save yourself from having to answer a lot of these questions if you did, especially if you posted them in the OP and organized them by version number. None of your changelogs make any mention of this feature request that I posted.

You could also probably make a lot of people happy if you made any mention in your OP of the fact that the percentage refund rates can be customized in that super handy config file included in your mod folder. Just some tips that might help make life easier for you.

I'm guessing it still doesn't work with Realchute, because it says that on the first page, but the changelog says "adding Realchute processing" So I'm unsure...

It does work actually, he just didn't adjust his the text of his first post. It was updated to work with realchute days ago.

Will be here Deadly reentry integration? Currently it seems that parts dont burn and just recover safely.

At last Vendan created a mod to appease the penny pinchers (no hard feelings, I am one in real life myself and in many other games, but KSP stuffs the funds down the player's throat, so ... :wink: ) who burn down the forums for a method to save on some screws and bolts, and now you come along and add fuel to the fire - or propellant to the booster? :D

Does this simulate the debris trajectory? Debris might have quite some horizontal speed when it gets removed from the rails system... maybe even enough to complete multiple orbits.

Will be here Deadly reentry integration? Currently it seems that parts dont burn and just recover safely.

For now, only put chutes on the parts that you're jettisoning early, and leave them off of your upper stage.

What does this mean:

Fixing update checking issues

Is this about gameworld updates, or about plugin updates? IF it is the later, there is no option in the configfile to disable it - so is this another plugin that gives a damn about user privacy, by unsolicited usage of the user's network?

*checks sourcecode*

Right, it is. Goddamn it, why does one nowadays have to be a programmer, to get his privacy respected when playing kerbal space program? Will post a user-friendly compile later.

Modified build of DebRefund 1.0.11 that does not phone home without your consent:

-

I haven't tested this extensively - just loaded the game and went to the runway. Also checked the logs for errors. If anything doesn't work, that works in the official 1.0.11 (except of updatechecks obviously), drop me a line. In this modified built, there is no way to check for updates, because the update code no longer exists.

Edited by stupid_chris
no

Modified build of DebRefund 1.0.11 that does not phone home without your consent:

*snip*

I haven't tested this extensively - just loaded the game and went to the runway. Also checked the logs for errors. If anything doesn't work, that works in the official 1.0.11 (except of updatechecks obviously), drop me a line. In this modified built, there is no way to check for updates, because the update code no longer exists.

Guess you haven't looked at 1.0.12, cause update check is now disabled by default and has an entry in the config file.

Edited by Vendan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.