[1.8.x - 1.12.x] Soviet Probes & Soviet Rockets - R7/N1/Soyuz/Proton/Zenit/Dnepr/Kosmos/Tsiklon - 7-24-21

raidernick

UPDATE V0.98.5

-Separated vernier engines from block e and block L, added proper engine gimbaling

-Separated block E into lunar and vostok versions

-Added Voskhod rocket and fairings

-Fixed vostok lunar version nosecone

-Various cfg tweaks

-Updated all craft files and subassemblies

-REMOVE OLD VERSION COMPLETELY BEFORE INSTALLING THIS

iw6ZwCo.png

hhsE1de.png

This is an error related to colliders. I know none of my parts cause this, but just to be sure I just tested every single part again from all of my mods(not just this one). None of them have this error. Try just my mod on a clean copy of the game. If you don't get this error then it's not my stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Downloading, but if the R-7s can't do a proper Korolev Cross I might cry!

This has been a constant battle with the stock decoupler bug that for some reason isn't being fixed. It was so bad I had to add "seperation" motors to the boosters so they don't collide with the center stage. Sometimes the cross happens, sometimes it doesn't. Don't hold your breath, but feel free to blame squad for not fixing this after all this time.

Also on a side note, I haven't abandoned my projects, I've been on a break from KSP for a couple months as I'm sick of it. It also looks like the guy working on the proton textures has gone awol so at this point I am declaring that project dead unless someone else wants to take up the reigns and not leave me hanging with nothing after giving them 4 months to work on it.

Edited by raidernick

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I decided to give the proton textures a shot myself. They are pretty much done for the Proton-K except for the normal maps which I still need to do. Obviously I won't be releasing anything until after ksp1.0 hits as it will break all of the rocket parts anyway.

r0VYPrV.png

I finished the normal maps and I made a fairing for Salyut-1. Each station had it's own unique fairing type and color so there are a variety to make still. Also I need to do the briz-m and blok-d plus the fairings and adapters for those.

I will likely release this current version of the proton with just the fairings for the stations after KSP1.0 so people can at least have something to launch the stations with. Other parts will be released in a different version at a later time.

Ui9skg5.png

salyut-1_1.jpg

I finished the normal maps and I made a fairing for Salyut-1. Each station had it's own unique fairing type and color so there are a variety to make still. Also I need to do the briz-m and blok-d plus the fairings and adapters for those.

I will likely release this current version of the proton with just the fairings for the stations after KSP1.0 so people can at least have something to launch the stations with. Other parts will be released in a different version at a later time.

http://i.imgur.com/Ui9skg5.png

http://www.spacefacts.de/graph/salyut/salyut/salyut-1_1.jpg

Oh wow ok! I thought the fairings went over the whole station! That makes sense. Is that how they launched the Mir modules too?

Oh wow ok! I thought the fairings went over the whole station! That makes sense. Is that how they launched the Mir modules too?

Sorta, Salyut 4,6,7 and MIR modules fairings covered the first 2 segments of the station. The Salyut 1 fairings covered only the first segment and the Almaz fairings covered the entire station.

so, you decided to make your own proton, raidernick? COOL!

I always had planned to make my own. Infact I have had this done for almost a year already but had no textures for it. I didn't want to do them myself and was looking for someone else to help. I waited for 5 months with no response from them since so I decided to just bang it out myself quickly.

Sorta, Salyut 4,6,7 and MIR modules fairings covered the first 2 segments of the station. The Salyut 1 fairings covered only the first segment and the Almaz fairings covered the entire station.

I always had planned to make my own. Infact I have had this done for almost a year already but had no textures for it. I didn't want to do them myself and was looking for someone else to help. I waited for 5 months with no response from them since so I decided to just bang it out myself quickly.

You are being very modest! Those textures look amazing! Way better than bobcats, and I would say very close to dennys. I could kiss your butt and say it looks better than dennys but we all know dennys models are on a whole other level.