[Early development, 0.24] Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier

I've another question: can KSPs PQS System generate an Iapetus-like planet with the right parameters , so two sides with high contrast to each other ,, like iapetus has? or do you need to make your own texture etc. for that?

I've another question: can KSPs PQS System generate an Iapetus-like planet with the right parameters , so two sides with high contrast to each other ,, like iapetus has? or do you need to make your own texture etc. for that?

Sounds like its a Job for a height and color map.

Being Very Very I decided to load it from github and do i chuckit in Gamedata folder or do i still need to compile?

Very very... what?

Anyway :P

In the ZIP download from Github You will find a folder called pre-alpha. In side that you will find a game data folder. That contains the thing you are looking for, no compiling necessary.

Something I am curious about, down the road for this, or perhaps another planetary mod, is the potential for changing what the ground actually looks like. I don't mean the terrain such as craters, mountains or the like. When actually on the ground, the texture on the ground is generally determined by where you are, such as ice on minmus, grass on the green parts of kerbin. Once most of the core features are done, would it possible to be able to edit these textures themselves, and perhaps replace them with seamless square textures?

Check out the upcoming versions of Environmental Visual Enhancement mod; it's adding that kind of fine detail in the next major version. There's also a mod which allows you to directly edit textures on planets, iirc specifically to add things like persistent footprints. Honestly, fine-detail like that really belongs in a visual enhancement mod anyhow I think.

The only feature not on the roadmap for this mod that I want is multi-star system capabilities (I want my semi-realistic interstellar fun!)

Something I am curious about, down the road for this, or perhaps another planetary mod, is the potential for changing what the ground actually looks like. I don't mean the terrain such as craters, mountains or the like. When actually on the ground, the texture on the ground is generally determined by where you are, such as ice on minmus, grass on the green parts of kerbin. Once most of the core features are done, would it possible to be able to edit these textures themselves, and perhaps replace them with seamless square textures?

Yes, we are going to be providing support for this. The shaders for the ground material have textures for low, medium, high, and steep terrain. After that, it is possible to blend in other textures.

Another Small question Can we choose what ground scattering we want? Like for example I have a tylo like planet and I want Pols Ground scatter, so can we do this with PQS.

Another question I have is I was reading the github source and what does Modify the physics material of the PQS Do? Deadly oceans suddenly high gravity?

Edited by Dooz

We were also talking about documenting some of KSP's internal structure, considering how much of a pain it has been to get a lot of this working. All the variables in odd places, the magic render layers etc.

Please consider contributing to the community documentation here: https://github.com/Anatid/XML-Documentation-for-the-KSP-API :)

Another Small question Can we choose what ground scattering we want? Like for example I have a tylo like planet and I want Pols Ground scatter, so can we do this with PQS.

Another question I have is I was reading the github source and what does Modify the physics material of the PQS Do? Deadly oceans suddenly high gravity?

no, but fun things can be done, like really low friction.

Ground scattering will be supported, including mesh importing for custom scatters.

no, but fun things can be done, like really low friction.

Ground scattering will be supported, including mesh importing for custom scatters.

Ooo So working ice And custom Scatter You guys have everything!

i can't get it to load one of my saves, it just crashes when it tries. would it be a problem that it's a Pre-kopernicus save? (although it could just be a bug with the save or having many ships in it). do you want me to email you the crash report folders?

The "height" of the orbit, is the semiMajorAxis, if you are talking about what I think you are. Be careful, it is height above the central mass I believe not the surface. And in response to Augustus, Hodor is a copy of Gilly around Kerbin but 3 times as wide.

Does anybody know when the configuration options will be ready and I can start making planets :D.

My best guess is "Soonâ„¢", lol. Technically you already can make planets; some options just aren't finished yet (if I understand correctly). And I doubt the format will be finalized until much later anyhow, so revisions will probably be needed on anything done in the next few weeks/months for it.

But I check the thread a couple times a day myself hoping to see an update. This is the mod I am most excited about personally!