[0.90.0] Fine Print vSTOCK'D - BETA RELEASE!!! (December 15)

Arsonide

Maybe author could add RSS compitability, or can it be manualy tweaked for it? Because contracts on sub-orbital have 2 conditions which could not be true together in RSS. Height of 70-90km and sub-orbital that become true on 120+ km.

Same cupola issue here. Built a station out of two parts in Kerbin orbit, then shipped it off to Minmus. Everything is checked off except for the cupola that's definitely there

Yep, problems with the cupola here too. Got it to Mun, everything else fulfilled, but it still wasn't recognised.

I'm finishing up the satellite deployment contract today, and I'll be looking at the cupola issue. That should be enough for a release in the near future.

Awesome! I think that the sats will be fun!

Has anybody mentioned about waypoints not going away after you finished aerial surveys? My map's getting a bit crowded :/

Also, any details about the satellite contracts? Requirements, difficulties, rewards etc...

Also, any details about the satellite contracts? Requirements, difficulties, rewards etc...

I display an orbit on the map, and ask you to match it. It sounds simple, but they have varying inclinations, eccentricities, and sometimes they can spawn really close to the edge of a planet's SOI meaning burns are extremely small. I had a burn earlier during testing of 0.3m/s that I had to make with RCS thrusters.

They're just about ready, but I have a few more issues to correct.

Has anybody mentioned about waypoints not going away after you finished aerial surveys? My map's getting a bit crowded :/

I'm getting this for rover missions too (haven't tried aerial recon). When a mission is finished, they disappear, but then they re-appear and stick around. I think (but not sure) that they re-appear when you visit the mission control building again. (Edit, it isn't the mission building: re-loaded game straight into flight mode, went to space centre, went to tracking station, and the finished missions were on the map as well as the current ones.)

Also, I know that upthread someone wanted less distance between the waypoints, but I want more! :) At the moment, you can complete a mission by landing a rover in the middle of the cluster, and don't even have to drive at all. Sorry for being a PITA, but could you put waypoint spread and detection distance in a config file, so people can make missions that suit them? Pretty please! :)

Edited by Biff Space

Is there any way to exclude certain mission types? I don't really enjoy anything with asteroids, but it does insist on offering me lots of asteroid missions!

There's one easy way to avoid asteroid missions. Don't unlock the KLAW. I was wondering why I had none, then I unlocked the KLAW and one generated.

There's one easy way to avoid asteroid missions. Don't unlock the KLAW. I was wondering why I had none, then I unlocked the KLAW and one generated.

Believe me, I won't ever again!

Yes, I don't delete them or take them out of your control. This was discussed in the design of the contract, but I thought it'd be terrible.

People who are getting "lots" of certain missions, tell me - is there more than two on the board at any given time?

Also, I know that upthread someone wanted less distance between the waypoints, but I want more! :) At the moment, you can complete a mission by landing a rover in the middle of the cluster, and don't even have to drive at all. Sorry for being a PITA, but could you put waypoint spread and detection distance in a config file, so people can make missions that suit them? Pretty please! :)

When I lowered the radius of rover missions I did not lower the "trigger" range of each waypoint. This was intentional, because there was a bug report of waypoints being below ground, I did not want to lower the trigger range so that people could trigger the waypoints if this happened. At this point in time, you can unlock a whole cluster by dropping into the center, but that is not the intention, and it will be looked at. I have a refactoring period coming up after I release the satellite contracts, and I will organize code and fix things like this.

Edited by Arsonide

I sent out some PMs to people that mentioned the cupola bug, but I am posting to get the attention of anybody that's experienced it and has not said anything.

I need more information on this bug, as I cannot recreate it. If you wouldn't mind explaining how the mission went, the shape of your vessel (multiple command pods, etc), if there was any docking involved, if you left the game and came back, if you went to the main menu and back, if you went to another vessel for a while...anything that describes the flow of the mission, that would help me. It would also help to know any mods you had installed, and if you have renamed, deleted, or modified any stock part configurations.

If you could recreate it somehow, and provide a log, that'd be more helpful, but I do not think there are going to be any errors. If there are that would pinpoint the issue, but I doubt it...knowing the flow of the mission should be enough to track this down.

Once I get enough reports I can track down the issue and fix it, but as of now I cannot recreate it. Satellite missions are done, but I want to nail the cupola bug before I release. Thanks for any assistance.

Thanks to the fine reports of Burkitt, and his actual craft file, I was able to locate and smash the cupola bug. It seems to be a stock bug that randomly changes the internal name of the cupola from "cupola" to "cupola ()". This will be remedied in the next version of Fine Print.

So...my entire save was deleted....and I have no parts..any suggestions?

Virus scan, reinstall, reformat, submit a report to the appropriate forum. I mean, it's hard to say without more information. What were you doing when it disappeared?

Nothing in Fine Print is capable of anything like that, the only things in the persist files it modifies are contract entries, which go through the stock configuration code like anything else, and it does nothing with parts.

It sounds like you have bigger issues than mod configuration.

Edited by Arsonide