0.25 Discussion thread

EnderSpace

SP+ with yellow stripe: Monoprop tank?

If the yellow stripes don't put it obvious to you, then look, there is an "M" in there.

;)

Grey stripes LFO, but i don't know the diference in LFO and just Liquid by these pictures.

Just a few questions concerning 0.25 :

1. Will we retain a mid-fuselage cocpit (a thing similar to the old mk2)

2. Will we have any more parts with extra functions (cargo bays and others)

3. How different will the new GUI be ? is it for this update or the next ? will it use the new unity 4.6 GUI systems ?

4. Will Kerbal experience change their courage/stupidity rates or the B.A. flag or is it a pure career mode thing ?

5. Along with the porkjet labs parts will we be getting other previously worked on systems, such as chad's airbrakes, helicopter routers large gear bays. that he made before leaving Squad ?

Post ur own questions...

As far as I know, here are my answers:

1. I'm pretty sure we will. The Mk1 cockpit had a texture pass and looks better, but nothing has been said about the Mk2. I presume that means the Mk2 as of now, is unchanged atleast on the outside.

2. Unknown

3. Unknown

4. Unknown

5. Unknown

Just a few questions concerning 0.25:

1. Will we retain a mid-fuselage cocpit (a thing similar to the old mk2)

Squad said that they're working on maintaining compatibility with legacy craft files, so there will either be the old inline cockpit, or a new, shinier one that has the same connections/approximate shape/stats.

2. Will we have any more parts with extra functions (cargo bays and others)

Both Squad and Porkjet have more-or-less confirmed that the SP+ cargo bay will eventually be in the game. There may be others too. It didn't sound like it would make it into 0.25 though.

I have a question but I think it's against the rules to request release dates and such (or even loose timeframes), so I won't ask it~

Honestly, I would prefer life support to stay in the realm of mods.

I totally agree with you. Life support usage should be something where the player should decide about because it adds new difficulties and you need to resupply your ships. With it staying a mod, you can choose whether you want to use Life Support or not.

To the questions:

1) SpaceplanePlus brings an inline Mk2 cockpit which fits in between Mk2 fuselage.

2) Yes, SpaceplanePlus will be added and it's likely to come with cargo bays.

3) Sorry, no idea.

4) No idea either.

5) The Mk3 part line has been scrapped and was retextured as far as I know.

Realy dont care 0.25 update, unless decoupler issues are fixed. This is game braking bug, and starts to hit when you need bigger rockets.

The game is currently under heavy development

and decoupler have no issue , if it , become bug tracker and report bugs not just a issue u will not care about huge update

Honestly, I would prefer life support to stay in the realm of mods.

Nah.

Switchable difficulty option yes, so those who want to avoid it can, but it's too much a core part of space travel not to integrate into stock. Ditto for Deadly Reentry.

The game is currently under heavy development

and decoupler have no issue , if it , become bug tracker and report bugs not just a issue u will not care about huge update

There is a known bug with the radial decouplers aiming their ejection kick too low, but it's trivial. A couple of Sepratrons can easily neutralise it until it gets fixed. "Game-breaking" is extreme hyperbole.

Realy dont care 0.25 update, unless decoupler issues are fixed. This is game braking bug, and starts to hit when you need bigger rockets.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleAnchoredDecoupler]]
{
// XXX: Bugfix for 0.24 side decouplers being faulty:
@MODULE[ModuleAnchoredDecoupler]
{
@ejectionForce = 0
}
}

That restores the behavior of decouplers in 0.23.5 and earlier when the booster is strutted to the core: they fall away vertically. Sepratrons recommended.

Nah.

Switchable difficulty option yes, so those who want to avoid it can, but it's too much a core part of space travel not to integrate into stock. Ditto for Deadly Reentry.

... or this. I think that would be the best solution.

By the way, what is happening with your post count?? It seems like it's .. erm.. rising? with 40 posts per day o.o

Nah.

That same argument could be made for many mods. I'd rather be able to tailor the game to exactly how I like to play rather than have Squad tell me what they think easy, normal, and hard mode should be.

What decoupler issue? I haven't noticed any issues with decouplers, even with my big Jool multi-mission rockets.

There is a known bug with the radial decouplers aiming their ejection kick too low, but it's trivial. A couple of Sepratrons can easily neutralise it until it gets fixed. "Game-breaking" is extreme hyperbole.

Ah. I usually strut my boosters so haven't really noticed anything. It did seem the kick was a little off but didn't think much of it since the boosters still fall clear of the rocket.