0.25 Discussion thread

EnderSpace

As awesome as that would be, the game can barely render a plane crash on a GOOD computer. Until Unity 5 comes along, I don't see that happening.

I guess it would depend on how they go about doing it. My crashes tend not to slow anything down. But the screen cap we saw looked like an attack run on KSC, so i still remain hopeful. You do make a valid point. Still not many other theories out there that qualify. No mods have done it, needed a lot of 3D modeling, good players wouldnt see it. We need a thread just for the wild speculation they asked us not to do for the secret feature.

Wasn't it shown to be on the other side of Astronaut Complex?

Than the mystery thing.

My guess is TV tower for broadcasting quiz shows, hence the request against wild speculation. ;-)

what you mean ( 10 min ago )

i see KSP Blog ( 5 min ago )

Devnote Tuesdays: The “Notice My Bug Report, Senpai†Edition ( 2 min ago )

Daniel ( 1 min ago )

thsjsidnskdjskdkdmmsmdkdjsmdmckwmdmskscjsjkeodi thanksssssss ( 1 sec ago )

Daniel (danRosas): Finished the Administration Building backdrop, to have it more than ready for the upcoming release. According to the position of the building in the Space Center, you should be able to see the VAB and the Astronaut Complex. Since I like going more into the properties of a telephoto lens, the objects in the image may appear closer than they are in real life. Since it’s still a WIP feature, this could change in the close future. You can have a look of it HERE.

61IYauk.jpg

what you mean ( 10 min ago )

i see KSP Blog ( 5 min ago )

Devnote Tuesdays: The “Notice My Bug Report, Senpai†Edition ( 2 min ago )

Daniel ( 1 min ago )

thsjsidnskdjskdkdmmsmdkdjsmdmckwmdmskscjsjkeodi thanksssssss ( 1 sec ago )

Daniel (danRosas): Finished the Administration Building backdrop, to have it more than ready for the upcoming release. According to the position of the building in the Space Center, you should be able to see the VAB and the Astronaut Complex. Since I like going more into the properties of a telephoto lens, the objects in the image may appear closer than they are in real life. Since it’s still a WIP feature, this could change in the close future. You can have a look of it HERE.

http://i.imgur.com/61IYauk.jpg

Your confused. We know where the admin building is, we are talking about this. The admin building is in front of the astronaut complex but there is another smaller building you can just barely spot next to the runway. Here is a blow up of that image. Right arrow = Flag in front of astronaut complex. Middle arrow = admin building. Left arrow = we don't know.

Edited by Alshain

Your confused. We know where the admin building is, we are talking about this. The admin building is in front of the astronaut complex but there is another smaller building you can just barely spot next to the runway.

Oh , I'm really confused I really need to learn how to get these pictures and where I see and get

Alternatively the new object could've been constructed by Rowsdower in the SPH as the subject for his apparent and affectionate bomb run of peace and eternal bliss...

However, I do hope it's a new feature... refueling station perchance? Insurance company? Space rock petting zoo?

Alternatively the new object could've been constructed by Rowsdower in the SPH as the subject for his apparent and affectionate bomb run of peace and eternal bliss...

However, I do hope it's a new feature... refueling station perchance? Insurance company? Space rock petting zoo?

That was discussed in the other thread (the Dev Notes) however if you compare it's relative height to the tower, it's almost half it's height. I took a big B9 HL series plane and parked it in that area and it didn't even reach 1/4 the height of the tower at that angle. So while you are correct, it would have to be one massively large target practice dummy.

That was discussed in the other thread (the Dev Notes) however if you compare it's relative height to the tower, it's almost half it's height. I took a big B9 HL series plane and parked it in that area and it didn't even reach 1/4 the height of the tower at that angle. So while you are correct, it would have to be one massively large target practice dummy.

A tall launch stability enhancer? You know, for easier launch than a rolling take-off. It doesn't explain the rest of it though.

A tall launch stability enhancer? You know, for easier launch than a rolling take-off. It doesn't explain the rest of it though.

Yeah, it could be. I mean it doesn't have to even be a plane, he could have just built a completely useless piece of junk craft just to make us try and figure out what it was :P.

I just hope not. For my test this was my plane and this was one screenshot, but it's not the right angle. Never the less, that angle would make the plane appear even bigger and it isn't big enough.

Edited by Alshain

Based on the angle and perspective of the picture, to me it seems the object is about 1/4 to 1/5 the size of the tower (purely subjective). And indeed it doesn't have to be a plane...

On the other hand, HarvesteR mentioned in the recent devnotes that because of the new QA voting system "several issues we would have probably dismissed as being of lesser importance have surfaced with high vote counts, which indicates that even though a bug/feature request/feedback item may be technically of low severity, subjectively, it’s seen as very relevant". Maybe this resulted in another feature addition in 0.25, which may embody this structure. Or perhaps it has been part of the 'secret' feature all along, in which case I'll stay heedlessly adrift in the vast ocean that is 0.25 speculation.

Still think the fountain theory is more sound here. Why would an admin building need a pool, a fountain to impress visitors on the other hand.

Man, why did I not think to check out photos of the KSC visitor complex.

Look familiar?:

7Oh9Iho.jpg

QImXE6O.jpg

PVBRxbV.jpg

Why not a pool with a fountain in it? My space program is extremely profitable, it needs to spend all that cheddar on something.

Your right Kerbals don't like salty water

what if there is two kinds of water that mean double science

salt water and admin water lol

So, apparently, the devs have told us most of the 0.25 plan... except for one thing, the secret feature. We know only the following (tell me if there's anything I forgot):

• It's "never been attempted by a mod"
  • It's "fun to do over and over again"
  • "Good players probably won't run into it"

There's been lots of speculation over what the secret feature could be. Destructible terrain seems to be most popular, but so far nobody's actually made a poll about it... so yeah. What do YOU think the 0.25 secret feature will be?

Note: This is not an 0.25 hypetrain, or any form of an 0.25 hype-vehicle. It's just a poll.

Well, I think what's going to be in 0.25 is already pretty much decided. :) But as for 0.26, I would say improved aerodynamics (and if they could somehow strike a deal with ferram4 to put FAR or NEAR in the game, that would be even better in my opinion) and clouds (striking a deal with rbray89 would be a big time saver, not to mention how well implemented his mod is).

With 0.25 and the Administration building, Career mode is going to feel pretty polished. I think 0.25 should expand upon 0.25's art asset improvement by touching up on the scenery and immersion with clouds and aerodynamics (which are also obviously, more realistic).

Edited by Woopert