0.25 Discussion thread

EnderSpace

Fix bugs.

Optimize game engine performance.

A lot more things to explore (planets, moons, real, big (non-ship-part) asteroids, comets).

A lot more science (including astronomy)

More accurate physics (may be with cheating to make them faster).

More complex tech development.

For those who did not catch the SquadCast Maxmaps confirmed the structure by the runway makes the secret new feature work. We're not sure what that means, but at least we know it is a structure and not a plane or craft.

For those who did not catch the SquadCast Maxmaps confirmed the structure by the runway makes the secret new feature work. We're not sure what that means, but at least we know it is a structure and not a plane or craft.

Well then there goes deformable terrain, breakable buildings, and whatnot. Unless it's a construction building for the guys who fix what you broke :D

I really was hoping it was going to be a rocket garden.

A hospital for injured kerbals? Doesn't look like one. It could be an ILS of sorts, as chris said, and it would make sense with the hole "land at the KSC for full refunds" but it doesn't seem like the hyped OH SECRET FEATURE it should be.

if it's something not done by any mod, fun to do over and over again and good players won't run into it, perhaps a simulation building so you can test rockets without actually having to launch anything? I think personally good players could just build a rocket and have it work first time, but not as good players would use simulations to see whether their rocket would explode horrifically or not

if it's something not done by any mod, fun to do over and over again and good players won't run into it, perhaps a simulation building so you can test rockets without actually having to launch anything? I think personally good players could just build a rocket and have it work first time, but not as good players would use simulations to see whether their rocket would explode horrifically or not

I think just the opposite. Running simulations is what makes the good players good.

And I would love it if that functionality in the game.

(Yes I know you can fudge it with various amount of success and effort, but clicking a "simulate this launch" button would be wonderful)

Man, this secret feature really is a puzzler. It's like a riddle. "I'm lots of fun to play around with, but if you're good you'll never noticed me, and no mod has attempted me before. What am I?"

I think the most important part of the puzzle is that "good" players won't ever see it. Well, what exactly is a "good" player? Is it someone who never crashes? Never loses a Kerbal? Or perhaps it's someone who builds really efficient designs... What situations do new players experience that someone like Scott Manley never does?

Man, this secret feature really is a puzzler. It's like a riddle. "I'm lots of fun to play around with, but if you're good you'll never noticed me, and no mod has attempted me before. What am I?"

I think the most important part of the puzzle is that "good" players won't ever see it. Well, what exactly is a "good" player? Is it someone who never crashes? Never loses a Kerbal? Or perhaps it's someone who builds really efficient designs... What situations do new players experience that someone like Scott Manley never does?

Exactly. What IS a good player, Squad?

Kerbal funerals? As a good player might never see one. Craters are moar likely though dispite the fact a boared good player will find it just as fast. But, from the sounds it could be something a Kerbal can interact with maybe. Something like the soccerball. Oh. might be Kerbals can pick stuff up now and toss it around? Oh what? Think a mod does something like that?

Maybe we will have Kerbals act out the Hoth Battle scene and have grappling hook gun to latch onto ships? Or magnetic boots for our Kerbals. Since if you are good with EVA you don't need to worry about sticking onto your craft.