0.25 Discussion thread

EnderSpace

When the Hype starts coming, we should be careful not to summon the Hype Kraken. It bewitches the devs with bugs, slowing down the release and depleting the HypeTrain's speed.

And if you guys haven't seen this yet:

http://i59.tinypic.com/dmy3uo.png

Something new is arriving, and it's not the admin building.

O_O watwatWAT could that possibly beeeee!

EDIT: I just took a look at that picture myself for the sake of looking and yeah there is definitely something new there. If it's a rocket, or a building, I don't know but I'm leaning towards a building. Looks like a tower. Maybe it is weather!

2nd EDIT (I seem to do these often now...): Here's a pixelated up close version. Not blurred at all from the original.

cidprif.png

blank text so the
???
next thing isn't up close blank text so the next thing isn't up close blank text so the next thing
Admin building with a blue thingy? Begin the speculation!

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Refueling station? That's brilliant! It makes sense for the "surprise feature" that has never been done by modders. Potentially an area where you can refuel when you are parked there.

With a refueling station you could lower the recovery rate on aircraft significantly making the economy better but still reward spaceplanes by allowing them to do multiple missions with a single aircraft.

This would create a benefit to reusing existing aircraft instead of constantly recovering them.

I can envision having 1/2 dozen custom planes all parked waiting for their next use.

If this is the case all I ask for is good steering landing gear and a nice concrete pad to park on when they aren't in use.

Hopefully if it's a station of some sort it's not merely a refueling station. We're getting cargo bays. I want a LOADING STATION.

And maybe that's the new thing that came up and caused them to wonder if they could get cargo bays in the next version.

Okay I don't care what anybody else says. I'm on the Hype Train now. I got me a sleeper so if it sits in the station for a while I'm cool with that.

Ok

Then as a second guess maybe its a memorial site to fallen Kerbals?

You know some players would have a flag perpetually at half mast......

The thing also has to be something that amused HarvisteR so much that he could do it over and over. I won't pretend to know HarvisteR well enough to speak on his likes or dislikes, but I doubt he'd take childish glee on visiting his "dead crew memorial" over and over again...

The thing also has to be something that amused HarvisteR so much that he could do it over and over. I won't pretend to know HarvisteR well enough to speak on his likes or dislikes, but I doubt he'd take childish glee on visiting his "dead crew memorial" over and over again...

...which is another reason why we're unlikely to ever see that sort of thing. They know that a large portion of us would get a giggle out of that, and the challenge thread with rapidly fill with "largest necropolis" contests.

Remember the Kerbal Genocide ship...

I had a thought of what the secret feature could be. It fits the criteria but it doesn't really fit the game. I thought maybe that it was a recovery vehicle for planes if they missed the runway and landed near the KSC. Like a pushback at an airport. That building would house it and it could be sent out to tow the plane in to the runway. It fits every criteria. Good players would land on the runway, you could use it over and over again, gives that mystery building a purpose, I've seen pushback crafts but never a mod.

The only problem with this idea is I think it would be a terrible one. It would feel like cheating and would screw up the whole 100% refund on the funds.

I had a thought of what the secret feature could be. It fits the criteria but it doesn't really fit the game. I thought maybe that it was a recovery vehicle for planes if they missed the runway and landed near the KSC. Like a pushback at an airport. That building would house it and it could be sent out to tow the plane in to the runway. It fits every criteria. Good players would land on the runway, you could use it over and over again, gives that mystery building a purpose, I've seen pushback crafts but never a mod.

The only problem with this idea is I think it would be a terrible one. It would feel like cheating and would screw up the whole 100% refund on the funds.

Hmmmmmm..... Nah I think it's about new building if you crash on it or use decoupler and something hit building , the building will explode and you need funds to pay for rebuild , the launch should be the cheaper , if you crash at astronauts they all die and MISSION CONTROL IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE if it explode and you don't have enough fund... Game Over

that would be super challenging. And I wonder what new markes will be in the Navball

- - - Updated - - -

Let me take a guess about the new thingy by the runway:

http://photos.wikimapia.org/p/00/03/54/76/86_big.jpg

That's already in spaceplane hanger :huh:

Is it? You mean the small one on the control tower itself? It's pretty small and low-range. Not sure, but many big airports have more than one radar tower.

I'm not aware of it in or on the hangar but I know of 2 mods that have Precision Approach Path Indicators. One is Runway PAPI array and the other is NavUtilities. Of course this assumes that new thing has something to do with the mystery feature, but we were told everything but that one feature was already disclosed to us and since this hasn't been disclosed, it's a good assumption.

Edited by Alshain

Is it? You mean the small one on the control tower itself? It's pretty small and seems low-range. Not sure, but many big airports have more than one radar tower.

yes I think it need to be taller but I think no need for more than one

SPH.jpg

I'm not aware of it in or on the hangar but I know of 2 mods that have Precision Approach Path Indicators. One is Runway PAPI array and the other is NavUtilities.

I don't think the new building has anything to do with the secret feature. Even if it does, what's so fun about it, and why good players won't encounter it's features?

I don't think the new building has anything to do with the secret feature. Even if it does, what's so fun about it, and why good players won't encounter it's features?

Except Maxmaps said he has disclosed everything but the mystery feature, and that building has not been disclosed.

Could be where the contractors live while they are rebuilding the DESTRUCTIBLE KSC!

As awesome as that would be, the game can barely render a plane crash on a GOOD computer. Until Unity 5 comes along, I don't see that happening.