[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

well, that should work. Did you run that command from the same location ckan.exe is?

If you didnt, this time navigate to the location ckan.exe is saved, hold Shift down and right click somewhere in the window. Select Open Command Window here from the right click menu. Run that command in the window, and it should work.

Really glorious mod.

KRASH's simulations didn't work for me for whatever reason. But yours are working fantastically and I like the system even more. It is simpler and I think the time limit is interesting.

So far your mod is making me very happy and working perfecty keep up the good work dude.

@magico13
I just thought of something. I know you've mentioned deprecating the KCT simulations, though I, and perhaps others, still like them

BUT

I can also understand the desire to focus KCT in on its core activities. It's easy to see that flight "simulations" are peripheral to that, even it's nice to have them when using KCT.

SO

I've got a crazy idea here. What if, instead of just killing the simulations off, you just separated them into their own mod that (perhaps) integrates with KCT? That might allow for more options. Worst case scenario, if you didn't want to keep updating it, it would make it easier for another developer to take it over.

I know some devs might not like the idea of splitting up their mods, but I like to think that you might be open to this as another option. :wink:

ETA: (Of course, I don't know how tightly integrated it is now, nor do I know how difficult it would be to unwind it rather than just killing it. Obviously, that would be a prime consideration.)

Edited by Gryphon

53 minutes ago, Maltman said:

Is there some option to like lose money over time or something? So that players will have to manage their time more wisely? Without consequences like that, time is just for flavor, no?

Mostly, yeah. But if you use a life support mod it can become VERY important....

2 hours ago, Adriayn said:

Mostly, yeah. But if you use a life support mod it can become VERY important....

I ought to try one of those, I'm a bit scared at the moment. My missions already have a 99% failure rate.

I wish I knew how to code then I'd write up a simple mod that takes your money or reputation every day to go along with this.

Edited by Maltman

2 hours ago, Maltman said:

I ought to try one of those, I'm a bit scared at the moment. My missions already have a 99% failure rate.

I wish I knew how to code then I'd write up a simple mod that takes your money or reputation every day to go along with this.

There was an idea a while back about a mod that overhauled the money mechanic to more like a funding mechanic similar to how NASA's budget is set now (or should be set now). The more contracts you do/the cooler things you do/ the more science you gain the higher your funding level. I don't think it went anywhere but it was a cool idea.

5 minutes ago, Adriayn said:

There was an idea a while back about a mod that overhauled the money mechanic to more like a funding mechanic similar to how NASA's budget is set now (or should be set now). The more contracts you do/the cooler things you do/ the more science you gain the higher your funding level. I don't think it went anywhere but it was a cool idea.

Magico is building on an old mod called BROKE that will provide a framework to do such things (i think it's intended to be a companion to KCT).  It's still in very very beta right now.  I think the intention is to eventually have payroll, mission costs, etc.  It already has funding based on reputation and payroll (as well as loans).

State Funding may be what you're thinking of.  It may have been abandoned but was pretty nifty.

2 hours ago, Maltman said:

There is already such a mod, that nibbles your reputation every day. I forget the name, though...

On 7/3/2016 at 1:16 AM, blu3wolf said:

well, that should work. Did you run that command from the same location ckan.exe is?

If you didnt, this time navigate to the location ckan.exe is saved, hold Shift down and right click somewhere in the window. Select Open Command Window here from the right click menu. Run that command in the window, and it should work.

@blu3wolfI followed these instructions and received the same error message. Here is what I am seeing:

SqNUWqY.png

1 hour ago, blu3wolf said:

Windows command prompt is case sensitive, so you will have to make it ckan.exe install MagiCore=1.1.1

Note the capital M and C in MagiCore.

That did the trick indeed. Thank you.

Erm, I dun goofed?

Thing is, everything seems to be working normally - things get are getting built fine. Here is le log, as per request.

If you can see in the background of the picture, there is a capsule hanging by a parachute line above the ocean. Was taking too long, so I time accelerated at 20x physics warp, which it turns out was one click too many and *splat*. Reloaded, and got this message. Generally hitting stationary objects at high time warp will cause all sorts of funky behavior, but this is the first time I've seen KCT complain. Checking the logs doesn't reveal too much a miss. We see it a earlier trying to write to the persistence file, then some other mods do there thing, then KCT throws this (see below).

Seems like a one off to me, but I'm diligently reporting it as requested.

Cheers.

160711T175505.560 [ERROR] [KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_OnLoadError.FireAlert] [KCT] ERROR! An error while KCT loading data occurred. Things will be seriously broken!

wQPCekN.png?1

On 7/3/2016 at 10:46 PM, autumnalequinox said:

Magico is building on an old mod called BROKE that will provide a framework to do such things (i think it's intended to be a companion to KCT).  It's still in very very beta right now.  I think the intention is to eventually have payroll, mission costs, etc.  It already has funding based on reputation and payroll (as well as loans).

State Funding may be what you're thinking of.  It may have been abandoned but was pretty nifty.

Sounds groovy.

I was day dreaming the other day about how cool it would be to have a mod called like RENT. Which would basically do the same thing, and provide a semi realistic time based simulation of running a space program and having to pay RENT on the VAB.

I have a feature suggestion. I think it would be cool if the buildings were disabled while they are being upgraded. E.g., you can't use VAB or make launches until the respective upgrade is finished. It would require the player to plan his/her upgrades wisely in advance (especially for the most critical buildings like the tracking station).

On 7/4/2016 at 1:46 AM, autumnalequinox said:

Yeah, I used to use State Funding.  Looking forward to BROKE.

On the topic of simulations, I'm okay with them being phased out.  But I'm also somewhat of a veteran KSP player and my designs mostly work on the 1st (or 3rd try) as long as I pay attention to KER/MJ dV calculations in the SPH/VAB.  Without simulations, I'd have to first build the rocket (and wait for that), then roll it out to a pad, then launch it and use revert flight if I don't like the results, roll it back to the hangar, edit it, wait for a build again, etc.

So not having simulations will definitely slow down the design process a lot, especially if you're in a 'no-revert' game.  Plus it made it easy to check whether a particular design had any flaws like backwards mounted docking ports, or whether action groups were not hooked up properly, etc.

2 hours ago, WuphonsReach said:

Yeah, I used to use State Funding.  Looking forward to BROKE.

On the topic of simulations, I'm okay with them being phased out.  But I'm also somewhat of a veteran KSP player and my designs mostly work on the 1st (or 3rd try) as long as I pay attention to KER/MJ dV calculations in the SPH/VAB.  Without simulations, I'd have to first build the rocket (and wait for that), then roll it out to a pad, then launch it and use revert flight if I don't like the results, roll it back to the hangar, edit it, wait for a build again, etc.

So not having simulations will definitely slow down the design process a lot, especially if you're in a 'no-revert' game.  Plus it made it easy to check whether a particular design had any flaws like backwards mounted docking ports, or whether action groups were not hooked up properly, etc.

KCT sims are being depreciated in favor of KRASH

On 7/3/2016 at 5:53 PM, Death Engineering said:

FWIW, @magico13, I like the KCT simulations and use them over KRASH.

Why?  what is better about the KCT sims than KRASH?

In my case, what I like better is that I don't have to install another mod.  Especially since the only reason I use simulations is to pre-load the launch site so Kerbal Konstructs and KCT can continue to play nice.

KCT mast have a sim at the moment i use bout. KRASH will need a default cfg to be similar to KCT sim

i have a story for you

relevant mods:KCT, USI-LS, remote teach, KIS, KAS

seeing the build list is empty i made a minmus lander just to fill the list (it was suppose to be for mun but didnt have the dV)

and then i gut a mission ,2 tourists, mun and minmus fly by

i added 2 command seat on the top and 1 extra LS.6 days later jeb and 2 turists went on the tour

1 day layter i got a plant a flag on the highes pik on minmus bob went ther whit the first minmus lander that was waiting ready

i had the good Luke to get to minmus and 1 orbit of minmus later went out to have a mun flyby on the way back home

bob got to minmus but being out of contact collected lots of science but didnt transmit any (one landing and lots of eva reports)

a kerbal in command seat can only tuluraty up to 800c bifure he explodes and it turns out that reentry from mun is too hot

so i reload and do an airobrack. obviously in an airobrack things that stick out like solar cells burnup

i found the ship whit no way to generate EC (no dynamo on the motor) and no way to alline it (all re-entry attempts ended in a burned tourists or ship)

usi-LS is not TAC so i have 15 days to find a sulotion
i started on  2 rescue options

reaper kit- a standard 1 kerbal to orbit whit an engineer and solar cells to reaper the damage (6 days to construct and hardly inaf dV )

grab and drop- hit shield whit RCS and clew (i dont have the tech for it)

i started the construction of the reaper kit and went to get samples from all the KSC buildings.

looking for haw i can get more sci i found that my minmus lander is in range, i transmit all the sci i can

so now i have 600 from minmus+100 from KSC+80 i hade

inaf to get the clew, large hit shiled and faring for it

10 days to build it

in the end i got bill and parts evaed to the lander attach the parts then back to the kit. the lander whit a full battery and an AP of only 100 had no problem getting back home whit the tourists

ill edit to add  gifs later (i hope)

5 hours ago, panarchist said:

In my case, what I like better is that I don't have to install another mod.  Especially since the only reason I use simulations is to pre-load the launch site so Kerbal Konstructs and KCT can continue to play nice.

As i understand it, the sim  code in KCT is old and buggy, which is why he is discontinuing it in favor of KRASH.