[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

I'm sorry for all the posts recently, but is there an issue with three way symmetry with this mod installed, i have a basic rocket for getting to orbit, i use 3 winglets on the center rocket, surrounded by three boosters, but they don't align properly, the booster are offset and do not line up between the winglets, i have to use the "c" key to manually place them to make it symmetrical.

- - - Updated - - -

Jsut to add, i am using 50+ mods so it could not be this one causing the issue.

Jsut to add, i am using 50+ mods so it could not be this one causing the issue.

You'd have to remove all your mods and install just this one and try it out. Chances are if you're using that many mods than something else is going on or some other mod isn't playing nice with another.

The Gigantors are turning their gold side towards the sun as opposed to the black one in the latest dev version, I don't think that is intended. Apart from that, an option to keep the blue would be awesome if it is not too much of a hassle.

So I seem to have found a few oddities with the latest github repo. Found on my main install, but was able to reproduce them on a clean install

1) MM gives an error when loading

[LOG 19:55:50.979] [ModuleManager] ModuleManager: 2524 patches applied, found 1 error
1 error related to GameData/VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Eletrical.cfg

this is only with the latest repo, the one before this (a few days ago) did not have this error

2) The static solar panels appear to not have their sun catcher oriented properly, also as mentioned above the gigantors face gold side to the sun

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Anyway, I greatly appreciate the work you are putting into this :)

Edited by Chimer4

So I seem to have found a few oddities with the latest github repo. Found on my main install, but was able to reproduce them on a clean install

[LOG 19:55:50.979] [ModuleManager] ModuleManager: 2524 patches applied, found 1 error

this is only with the latest repo, the one before this (a few days ago) did not have this error

2) The static solar panels appear to not have their sun catcher oriented properly, also as mentioned above the gigantors face gold side to the sun

http://imgur.com/a/2QeSX

I'm getting error #1 also. I tried fixing the spelling of electrical hoping that's what it was but it's still reporting the error.

http://imgur.com/a/2QeSX

I also get the solar panel bugs. Love the mod though. Can't imagine playing without it.

So I'm having an issue with VPR and RealChute. The Mk16 parachute doesn't register as a part and doesn't show up in the staging diagram when I attach it to a part. Is this a compatibility issue or am I KSPing wrong?

Digging around in the output_Log and I found this:

[ModuleManager] Error - Skipping a patch with unbalanced square brackets or a space (replace them with a '?') :
+PART[solarPanels5]]

I looked into the eletrical.cfg but it's lost on me I'm afraid :confused:.

Edited by CaptainStrider

I am still getting the wrong orientation for the flat solar panel to receive energy using the latest dev version from github. I will say this solar panel texture, color and design is my favorite it looks beautiful amazing work :D!

What exactly does that mean?

There are some areas left blank (perhaps intentionally) in the file which is generating an error, but the log file seems to indicate that the error is some kind of bracket or space issue involving the the small solar panels. I don't know enough about it to spot more than the most obvious errors, hence my question. It was intended to be both helpful to the bug hunt and personally satisfactory as regards my own curiosity.

There are some areas left blank (perhaps intentionally) in the file which is generating an error, but the log file seems to indicate that the error is some kind of bracket or space issue involving the the small solar panels. I don't know enough about it to spot more than the most obvious errors, hence my question. It was intended to be both helpful to the bug hunt and personally satisfactory as regards my own curiosity.

I have only the MOST minute knowledge of code and .cfgs and what not. So is there any information from my save file that could help solve the issue?

So I'm having an issue with VPR and RealChute. The Mk16 parachute doesn't register as a part and doesn't show up in the staging diagram when I attach it to a part. Is this a compatibility issue or am I KSPing wrong?

Probably a compatibility issue, try running without RealChute and see if the problem still persists.

How does a solar panel issue effect the Mk16 parachute?

Sorry but I think you're getting two conversations crossed.

On another note I've discovered that the flag on the Mk 1 cockpit appears to be upside down.

Great mod by the way, Kinda wish that Squad would take note on some of the improvements made here (Such as what you've done with Mk1-2 Pod)

Cheers,

Strider Out

Edited by CaptainStrider

Hi, after hearing so much good stuff about this mod I decided to give it a try, but it appears all hell is now breaking loose in the log. More importantly, I get no rocket exhaust from any engine. They produce thrust, the ship flies, but no exhaust visuals or sound. I am using RealFuels, but not SmokeScreen/Hotrockets/etc. I realize there's a metric crap-ton of errors from Mechjeb, that's due to a window and has always been there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0q40bwwvqoox3ea/KSP1.log?dl=0

I've just downloaded the WIP buildilization of VSPR, and it looks really cool. I'm loving it. It looks so cool! I might have to start using VSPR again.

That said, here's a list of problems I have design wise. Note of course that these are subjective and I still like these parts.

-The black stripes on the Kerbodyne tanks are too thin. They don't make a checker-pattern when placed 90 degrees from one another.

-The tankbutts on the Kerbodyne tanks are blue, when they would look better in their classic orange color, or at least a grey color.

Edited by GregroxMun

oyxlEGp.jpg

I have a problem with some engines (like the nuke engine here) making this huge shield on top of it every time I use it. Looks cool for bigger tanks, but kinda silly for the small ones like shown. Is there any way to toggle this? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Here to bother you again, Ven.

I'm trying to hack together MM configs to get this to work with:

In case of the former, I've been completely successful with all the adapters and the Cryo series, but the existing config for the Oscar-B ends up applied onto D and E (resulting in all of them having equal capacities).

In case of the latter, I am at loss for words. It used to work - through some black magic, because when I've written the file again, it doesn't seem to work.

So, aside from being very happy to see such configs in 1.8.2, I could also use a nudge in the right direction.

I have a problem with some engines (like the nuke engine here) making this huge shield on top of it every time I use it. Looks cool for bigger tanks, but kinda silly for the small ones like shown. Is there any way to toggle this? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Most engines get two attachment nodes, one above the other, and one of them spawns that tankbutt. Try juggling that part up and down.

The problem is chronic for the nuke, though. Also, I thing the LV-909 needs a 2.5 m tankbutt.

Edited by DDE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.