[old thread] Trajectories : atmospheric predictions

Youen

Good news, I just tested and Trajectories works with KSP 0.25 (you can keep the same installation, but I recommend upgrading to 0.3.1 to get the latest bug fixes). I really need to document myself on how C# assemblies reference each others, because I was sure that wouldn't work, but it does.

Good news, I just tested and Trajectories works with KSP 0.25 (you can keep the same installation, but I recommend upgrading to 0.3.1 to get the latest bug fixes). I really need to document myself on how C# assemblies reference each others, because I was sure that wouldn't work, but it does.

Without a recompile, sometimes they won't load at all because they're looking for a specific version of whatever they were originally compiled against. If they do load, as long as nothing changed in any of the classes/methods they have to access then it'll probably be ok.

Obviously YMMV and a recompile with the new dlls is the best strategy.

Yes, I was worried it wouldn't load at all due to incorrect KSP dll version. But maybe they didn't update the version number. It's simpler for me to distribute a single dll for both versions, so I'll continue that way. I'll link with 0.25 dlls for future versions, but apparently there is no change in the methods I use anyway.

EDIT: I just checked, they didn't update their dll version numbers, which explains why it works (and also I'm lucky enough not to use any modified method, which is confirmed by recompiling with the new dlls : there is no compilation error)

Edited by Youen

KSP plugins are loaded by reflection anyway, so that doesn't actually matter I think? The reason it matters for plugins referencing other plugins is *because* the reflection-based loader that N3X1S wrote *does* check version when DLLs reference other *plugin* DLLs.

Just tested it on Win32-version/openGL.

Seems to have a problems when MechJeb 2.3.1.0 build338 is installed. No trajectory plotting at all like above mac screenshot. Without MJ works very well on my full FAR-install (40+ mods installed). Testet on clean install with only Trajectories & MJ.

Excellent mod, a much needed addition for aerobraking and good landing predictions. THX for this great work!

edit:

Tested with new MJ version 2.4.0.0. This combination seems to work fine!

Edited by Laminator

I never tested it on OSX (and won't be able to), do you know if it worked with 0.24 ?

No, but i can try it. just give me a moment, i reply here soon.

I already try it without Mj. But gonna do a battery test here...

Edit 1:

Hello Youen.

I just did a clean install, Stock KSP .25 + Trajectories.

Same effect. No curve.

Here my Player.log if it can help you.

Now going to .24.2 test

Cheers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjapr0mh4hi3kcb/Player.log?dl=0

Edit 2:

Hello Again.

Hell, in .24.2 it worked on clean install. I do not test yet with other mods, will do if you need. Just ask me.

15495295411_a699f9594f_o.pngTrajectories by Climberfx, on Flickr

Edited by Climberfx

Thanks for the tests, Climberfx.

I can see there are NullReferenceExceptions caused by Trajectories in your log. This is related to modifications I made in v0.3.1 (different method to render trajectories, because the old method resulted in an offset increasing with time warp), so a short term workaround could be to revert to Trajectories 0.3.0. I'll investigate further soon.

Youen! Thank you for such an awesome mod :D

A request/suggestion :)

Could Trajectories visibility be set to a bindable key? Like NavHUD has Y to turn it on/off?

(my apologies if this was already mentioned/requested.)

Edited by scerion

OK, apparently version 0.3.1 doesn't work for everyone, so I've removed it from Kerbal Stuff, and marked it as unstable on github. If you've already installed it, and it works for you (as it does for me), you're fine, but if trajectories don't display, please revert by installing version 0.3.0 instead (which works also with KSP 0.25). I'll release a fixed version as soon as I understand what's going wrong.

Yep Mulldogs. Going back to v3.0 work here too, on .25.

Youen, the only thing that happens to me, is some times, when have to much interactions (easy to happen with far installed here, on Mac) it send me that message informing it and don't show the end of trajectory, preventing me to see the final landing prediction.

And with FAR, with or without Trajectories, my landing predictions are to dam hard. Don't have consistence. Even i'm putting always 5 degrees above horizon fix...

Think that must be a FAR issue.

Besides that it is working.

;)

Edited by Climberfx

When it says "too many iterations", nothing is going wrong, it's just that it didn't simulate the end of the trajectory because it is too long and would slow down the game too much (this happens for very shallow entries). Theoretically, you could have trajectories that make several rotations around Kerbin inside the atmosphere before slowing down enough to go down. In these cases, the prediction would be very inaccurate if it did go until the end anyway. To make it more clear, I should display the end of the displayed trajectory as a dotted line and remove the text message.

If you feel like predictions are too inaccurate in some situations, you can send me your .craft file (only stock parts preferably) and save file (zip it otherwise it can be too big) so that I can take a look (to see if it's a bug, or just chaos effect or expected computation inaccuracies). Also tell me what descent profile you've set up if it's not the default (it's not saved with the game yet).

Even i'm putting always 5 degrees above horizon fix

I don't see what you mean here ?

Edited by Youen

I've released version 0.3.1a on github, can someone that had the issue (trajectories not displayed with 0.3.1) tell me if it solves the issue? I can't really test here as I didn't reproduce this bug in the first place...

EDIT: OK, I think I get it now. The bug happened in 0.3.1 when starting a flight, opening the map view, then exiting to the space center, then going back to a flight, and at that point trajectories weren't displayed anymore. Version 0.3.1a seems to actually fix that issue. I'll wait for confirmation before releasing it to Kerbal Stuff though.

Edited by Youen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.