What would you want in the next update (0.90)?

EvilotionCR2

I just realized what has been missing from the game the whole time... we need to be able to rename ships from the Tracking Complex!

You're able to do that. Simply click on vessel, click on the info tab on the right, then click on its name. Ta-da!

but adding it as a requirement for a part so that it works with a history fulfillment fantasy seems onerous and unnecessary

Seems more like a logical progression to me, since you have to rendezvous to be able to dock (though there is the question of the utility docking ports can provide to non-space vehicles). An achievement with a reward, with the achievement being the development of a skill required to use said reward. No history fulfillment fantasy required to see the connection there.

On the other hand, what about on your second, third, fourth career? Then it might start getting a little tedious to have to do it every time. So if something like that was implemented, I'd rather see it as a one-time thing. Prove you can do it, and you don't have to again.

I'll go a little off-topic and include 'things I'd like to see someday' rather than 'in 0.26'.

* Equipment/missions to let me better locate asteroids, and display an orbit for them (even if inexact.)

* Payload fairings, better drag model for rockets, heat shields, consequences for having inadequate heat shielding on reentry.

** (related to fairings, hollow cylinders and conic joining sections in which I can hide away batteries, non-inline tanks etc.)

* Better assembly interface. 95% of the time it works fine, you drop what you want where you want it. The other 5% of the time is just painful, as you wave a part over where you want it and the computer can't figure out where it goes.

* Balloons. Stratospheric science probes. Balloon launched rockets. Manned bases in the upper atmosphere of Jool.

* Shape morphing structure elements: hinged struts, rotational joints, telescoping struts

* An ability to manufacture fuel on some planets, as envisaged in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Direct

** This could include the ability to scoop gasses from atmosphere in

* Orbital construction more flexible and advanced than just docking pre-manufactured modules. Possibly involving robot arms like on the international space station and space shuttle.

* Possibly in-space construction of simple items: struts, panels etc. Supply it with raw materials (launched from Kerbal)

Get rid of the hard bounds for camera point of view. (I.e. when the camera will move no further in the (angular) direction you want it to) An option to show ground-track of spacecraft (and accounting for rotation of the planet.) An 'undo' option in vehicle building - for when you accidentally grab that very delicately located piece. (Wouldn't be such an issue if it was easier to accurately place pieces.)

Things I'd love to see in KSP:

Mods to be integrated as optional difficulty settings:

- Deadly reentry;

- Propper part damage and KAS integration (for better EVA);

- TAC life support;

- Revamped stock aerodynamics/NEAR (normal) and FAR (hard);

Other thing I'd love to see implemented would be some simple 'main' (story) contracts line which would finish (I think a quest for randomly generated microbial life would be great) with a proper ending for the game (which, obviously, you'd be able to keep playing after finishing)... :-p

I know Squad doesn't want to but I think that kerbal engineer would be almost mandatory in my opinion as well as integrating the dock alignment indicator mod...

An ingame (or in-launch-menu) mod manager with at least a version checker (but hopefully autoupdater).

Also I'd love to have more parts (including but not limited to more science parts and robotic parts), better stock texture management, wittier science texts (like the crowd-sourced science.cfg file) and a propper way to plan missions (specially transfer windows) from mission control.

There's probably a lot more but for now this is all that comes to mind... :-p

integrating the dock alignment indicator mod... :-p

There is. Line up the center of the nav ball, the towards target indicator (pink circle) and the forward travel vector indicator (yellowy green circle) using the docking controls(blue button lower right of screen). Space to switch between rotation and lateral movement mode. In rotation mode line up center of nav ball with pink circle with WASD. Switch to rotation mode then press W to move toward the target. Key D moves y/g indicator right on the nav ball. Key A moves the y/g indicator left, shift up and control down.

Outside of what's been announced, the big thing I'd like to see is more keyboard shortcuts for various Space Center buildings. Mission Control in particular can become an exercise in mouse aerobics if you're trying to find a particular type of contract and keep having to cancel ones you're not interested in.

Guest Fyre Flare

I want (Other than Multiplayer):

-AI "Space Race" Mode.

-Support for Colonization of Planets.

-Make It much less computer-burning.

-Animations of Kerbals eating snacks and doing stuff in IVA and in the bottom-right.

-Moar detailed KSC 2.

-Less Illuminati, WE NEED TO STOP IT NOW!

Given that they are overhauling the VAB/SPH vehicular editors, this is what I want: When I press the "Launch!" button, that's when I want the Kerbonaut selection screen to pop-up to make the seat assignments. That way I can't possibly forget to kick Jeb out of the pod before I send a Stayputnik-controlled ship to rescue poor Theobold. I'm still wondering how he got up there in the first place.

Along with implementing mod functions like VOID, KAC, KER, KAS, docking alignment, etc...

The only thing I want besides the already confirmed things is:

Faster game startup!!

It takes over a minute just to start the darn game, which is ridiculous... I have an i5 CPU and SSD, the game should start in seconds.

The only thing I want besides the already confirmed things is:

Faster game startup!!

It takes over a minute just to start the darn game, which is ridiculous... I have an i5 CPU and SSD, the game should start in seconds.

A minute? that's cute.

Indeed, faster loading would be specially good for heavy mod users

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.