What operating system do you play KSP on?

CaptainKipard

What operating system do you play on?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What operating system do you play on?

• Windows
    • Linux
    • Mac OS X

Windows, because my best computer runs it.

Why? Because I'm lazy and Windows 7 doesn't suck like Vista did (or 8 does). If Windows 9 - er - 10 sucks there's a good chance my next laptop will run Linux, and then I'll start playing KSP on it.

Though my current laptop is still holding up really well (I went for quality over cheapness and am glad I did) so I wouldn't be surprised if I don't feel the need for a new one until after Windows 11 comes out. Or 10.1 if they go the same route Apple did in their version numbering.

Linux. I've been using Linux as my main OS for something like a decade now. If a game runs on Linux I'm more likely to play it, it's just inconvenient to reboot into Windows. And I wouldn't really want to use Windows all the time.

Linux because Winx64 is broken but the Linux versions runs perfectly fine (since I switched from AMD to Nvidia) and my KSP uses around 8GB RAM (without ATM) which obviously do not fit in 32bit address space.

However, I think I should mention that I only play KSP on Linux, everything else on Windows.

Windows 7 x64 Professional. Only because my desktop wouldn't run with the Home Premium version. Missing features and all that...

I also refuse to upgrade to Windows 8/8.1 because I refuse to run a tablet OS on my gaming system. I've tried a few variations of Linux and, well, while I somewhat liked some features, I hated others, and I've been using Windows since Windows 95. And yes, I've even used Windows Millennium, which makes Vista look good.

OS X. About a decade ago, people were saying that the next year was going to be the year of the Linux desktop. Then Apple switched to Intel hardware and made OS X a close enough match. Over the years, almost all people who were waiting for a usable Linux desktop switched to Mac, me included.

Almost all of the tools I use for work assume that the system is a *nix. While they can be used on Windows, things just work better when the operating system doesn't have to pretend being something it isn't. Sometimes I consider buying a separate computer for games, but it never seems worth the effort.

Linux. I've been using Linux as my main OS for something like a decade now. If a game runs on Linux I'm more likely to play it, it's just inconvenient to reboot into Windows. And I wouldn't really want to use Windows all the time.
This :)

Using Windows for any length of time makes my head hurt, I soon find myself missing the flexibility and all the little tools that come with any *nix OS by default. It's got be be a *very* good game to convince me to boot into Windows - even then I try to avoid interacting with the OS, or even seeing the desktop for that matter.

I would do it for KSP, fortunately I don't have to.

Besides, GNU/Linux has stable x86_64 :sticktongue:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.