[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

On 2/12/2016 at 11:17 AM, Temeter said:

You also got the overlapping nodes, interesting. Guess it'S because of older saves.

@Temeter

Is that a thing? That screenshot is from a new install with no saves. That's how it looks for me after install from ckan. Is a manual install recommended?

4 minutes ago, gonzo98x said:

@Temeter

Is that a thing? That screenshot is from a new install with no saves. That's how it looks for me after install from ckan. Is a manual install recommended?

Alright, in that case it's just some minor unimportant visual issue that might or might not appear. Also no, I've never used ckan.

Idk, it's probably best just to ignore it, doesn't really matter.

On 2/13/2016 at 3:49 PM, davidy12 said:

Well, the parts appear, BUT, they have their stock configurations. Even though, I know that RO has its proper configs.

The latest RO release and the latest STABLE release of my packs are 100% compatible. I tested many times prior to release and ShimmyTheJJ is currently using them on stream with no issues. I am working on an experimental KSP 1.1 redo of my rockets, that is not compatible at all with the current RO release, also the configs for this experimental build have been merged into RO git, so if you download the RO master instead of the latest release and aren't using my exp build everything will be broken. I am waiting on the next RO release to release my rocket pack at the same time to make sure they stay compatible.

For anyone who uses the FASA pack for RO I have made an official patch for FASA textures to make them say "United States" instead of "Kerbal States"(this can be used on stock also). This has been released on the RO github and will be included in future RO ckan releases as a recommended download if you get FASA. For now you can get it here: https://github.com/KSP-RO/FASA-Retexture/releases

Edited by raidernick

i am having trouble instaling this mod via CKAN. It gives DL errors on multiple mods needed and thus canseling out. 

Anyone have any idea on what up with that? 

64Bit W7. 

ksp 1.0.5 (latsest on steam.)

Thanx in advance. 

On 12/02/2016 at 0:15 AM, NathanKell said:

@ColKlonk you have multiple mods that aren't compatible with 1.0.5, as well as mods that presumably conflict (FAR, Module***SurfacePlus). And you should install Realism overhaul exactly as the OP tells you to, it does not involve changing files in your KSP root folder.

Here's a funny thing... I removed StockBugFixes and lost control (no control) of my ships.

I can put up with a slight change in physics, but certainly cannot lose control.. so I reinstalled StockBugFixes and all is OK again.

Anyway my ship weight is coming down to what I expect it to be.. so no worries there.

Hey guys,

I have encountered a weird issue with one of my early supersonic plane designs, and wanted to ask if somebody might be able to give me some pointers. I have a working basic supersonic plane, essentially shaped like a cigar with triangular wings (just put tip width to 0 and offset to 1.0). That's probably not the best wingshape but it works well enough for the first contracts. Now I have been trying to design a successor, which I did by essentially bolting three hulls together horizontally and adding wings to that. In a previous game, which unfortunately went pear-shaped due to me accidentially removing a mod, that same basic design worked fine.

Now my problem is that the new contraption simply won't fly. It starts turning over one wing and the tumbles down uncontrollably, and I can't seem to find out why. It doesn't seem to be a problem with lack of lift since it even happens when flying almost straight up with a TWR of more than 1 and at over 200m/s. Additional stabilizing fins seem to do nothing. I am at a loss here - what could be wrong? It's a very simple design, 3 cigar-shaped fuel tanks in horizontal configuration, with main wings with evelons and winglets in the back for pitch and yaw control. CoM and CoL line up.

Picture:

Edited by Cronos988

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:14 PM, chrisl said:

I'm having some issues with RO/RSS+Remote Tech and sending probes to the outer planets.  I've got a pair of probes I've sent to Uranus and Neptune, respectively.  Both probes are setup identically using the RN_US_Probes pack, Voyager 1/2 probe as the base.  That probe has a 10Tm (1E+13) dish antenna which is on and pointed at Earth.  And the generator on the probe is keeping it's ElectricCharge topped off so there is plenty of power.

Back at Earth, the default Deep Space network sites have a 100Tm (1E+14) range.  Plus I have four satellites in geostationary orbit each equipped with a 40Tm (eE+13) dish antenna (set to target "Active Vessel").

At the present time, the Earth is more or less between the sun and both probes.  The probe that's going to Neptune is 3.25Tm from the Sun while the probe going to Uranus is 2.73Tm.  So as far as I can tell, the antennas should be in range to communicate.  But in both cases I've got a "No Connection" notice so I can't issue commands or make course corrections or anything.  Anyone have any idea what the problem might be? 
Is there a way to turn off the communication requirement without removing RemoteTech until I can get this bug resolved?

Just bumping this hoping someone might have an idea what might be causing the issue I'm having. 

Well, I've just finally installed RO, RSS, RF, etc. and it seems to work!  Woot!  Engine packs, etc. all seems fine now.  I think my original install was somehow corrupted so a very precise Quality Assurance process (Basically keeping track of what I installed and in what order helped - basically just following ALL the instructions) seemed to do the trick.

Now my ONLY question and I'm sure it's already been raised buy others ->  I'm running on low texture detail (as recommended somewhere I can't remember) so half of KSC is under the surface.  Am I missing a setting somewhere?  When I used high detail, I couldn't land on the moon - always going through the surface.

Can someone recap any recommended settings?  Apologies, but I can't find anything "easy to find" that addresses this. :-)

Other than that, this RO/RSS/RF setup looks absolutely fantastic!  Thank you to ALL!!!

Edited by Wallygator

12 hours ago, chrisl said:

Just bumping this hoping someone might have an idea what might be causing the issue I'm having. 

I can't help you with remotetech as the probes are set in the configs to have real world values. However you can remove the remotech plugin without removing the parts so it won't break in progress missions.

13 hours ago, Wallygator said:

Well, I've just finally installed RO, RSS, RF, etc. and it seems to work!  Woot!  Engine packs, etc. all seems fine now.  I think my original install was somehow corrupted so a very precise Quality Assurance process (Basically keeping track of what I installed and in what order helped - basically just following ALL the instructions) seemed to do the trick.

Now my ONLY question and I'm sure it's already been raised buy others ->  I'm running on low texture detail (as recommended somewhere I can't remember) so half of KSC is under the surface.  Am I missing a setting somewhere?  When I used high detail, I couldn't land on the moon - always going through the surface.

Can someone recap any recommended settings?  Apologies, but I can't find anything "easy to find" that addresses this. :-)

Other than that, this RO/RSS/RF setup looks absolutely fantastic!  Thank you to ALL!!!

NEVER MIND:  Mr. Idiot (Me) found the wiki entry late last night. All is well.

11 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Is there a full list of supported mods for RO?  I've been thinking of making one. 

Hi,

I think you should look at the first post of this thread, there is the list of required, recommended and suggested mods.

Else, as I think that this list has not been updated (its the same than last years, and some suggested mods hasn't been updated since KSP 0.23), I've asked the question some posts before and I had this answer from winged :

But I think that @NathanKell or @Felger should update the official supported mod list for ckab at least.

You can also look the following issue on github : https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/issues/939.

It lists supported mods that contains engines in order to merge their config files (as they add the same engines).

Edited by hargn

11 hours ago, raidernick said:

I can't help you with remotetech as the probes are set in the configs to have real world values. However you can remove the remotech plugin without removing the parts so it won't break in progress missions.

Thanks.  I ended up having to hack my save file to correct the problem.  Still not sure what caused it in the first place, but both satellites are working now.

Hello most established and intelligent modders,

I am getting back into ksp with some sweet RO. However, CKAN loves that down KS website for mod downloads. I have been manually installing the mods that CKAN cannot download but CKAN isn't autodetecting Community Tech Tree and SXT Extensions which CKAN claims are required mods for installation.

Anyone know how to get past this step so CKAN can manage all the dependency's and I can get past the download errors from KS?

Thanks! 

10 hours ago, hargn said:

Hi,

I think you should look at the first post of this thread, there is the list of required, recommended and suggested mods.

Else, as I think that this list has not been updated (its the same than last years, and some suggested mods hasn't been updated since KSP 0.23), I've asked the question some posts before and I had this answer from winged :

But I think that @NathanKell or @Felger should update the official supported mod list for ckab at least.

You can also look the following issue on github : https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/issues/939.

It lists supported mods that contains engines in order to merge their config files (as they add the same engines).

Okay, thanks!

So amongst the many mods I'm using in my game (including RO, RSS & RP-0) I've got Raidernick's Skylab and FASA.  I recently got far enough in my career to build and launch the Skylab.  Now I'm finally sending up an Apollo CSM to dock with Skylab.  Trouble is, for whatever reason the "Apollo Docking Mechanism Probe" will not connect to the "Skylab Docking Cone".  I'm lined up properly, I've targeted the correct "Skylab Docking Cone" and I'm controlling the Apollo CSM from the docking probe.  But every time I get to about 1.9m from the docking cone, I bounce off the Skylab.  Anyone have any ideas what the issue might be?

36 minutes ago, chrisl said:

So amongst the many mods I'm using in my game (including RO, RSS & RP-0) I've got Raidernick's Skylab and FASA.  I recently got far enough in my career to build and launch the Skylab.  Now I'm finally sending up an Apollo CSM to dock with Skylab.  Trouble is, for whatever reason the "Apollo Docking Mechanism Probe" will not connect to the "Skylab Docking Cone".  I'm lined up properly, I've targeted the correct "Skylab Docking Cone" and I'm controlling the Apollo CSM from the docking probe.  But every time I get to about 1.9m from the docking cone, I bounce off the Skylab.  Anyone have any ideas what the issue might be?

The skylab cone is broken, I plan to replace it in the next release, until then use the FASA lem cone. You may need to tweak it to get it to fit properly I don't know the exact node placement.

Edited by raidernick

On 2/14/2016 at 3:53 PM, fagraas said:

i am having trouble instaling this mod via CKAN. It gives DL errors on multiple mods needed and thus canseling out. 

Anyone have any idea on what up with that? 

64Bit W7. 

ksp 1.0.5 (latsest on steam.)

Thanx in advance. 

My understanding is that since Kerbalstuff shut down, and that's where CKAN got all its files, CKAN is not going to work until Kerbalstuff comes back up, if it ever does.

On February 16, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Is there a full list of supported mods for RO?  I've been thinking of making one. 

You can find them in the supported mods folder when You download the mod. Keep in mind that some of the Mods are WIP or may be old and broken.

19 hours ago, raidernick said:

The skylab cone is broken, I plan to replace it in the next release, until then use the FASA lem cone. You may need to tweak it to get it to fit properly I don't know the exact node placement.

Thank you. I was able to change the part in my savegame file and now I'm able to dock.  Will look at changing it back once the skylab cone is fixed.

13 hours ago, RocketBlam said:

My understanding is that since Kerbalstuff shut down, and that's where CKAN got all its files, CKAN is not going to work until Kerbalstuff comes back up, if it ever does.

CKAN didn't get ALL its files from Kerbalstuff; just a lot of them. It depends on where the mod was hosted. Some mods were hosted in multiple sites but maybe CKAN can't handle site mirroring.

To all: The situation will be resolved; the CKAN folks are working tirelessly to set up an alternate to Kerbalstuff (using the Kerbalstuff files actually) and as soon as mods can be reuploaded and re-indexed, things will start working again.

I have installed FAR and RSS manually and then used CKAN to install the rest of the required mods, however I have ran into a problem when loading the game. After the initial loading bar screen has finished the game gets stuck on the black screen with the loading circle in the bottom right still moving, it remains on this for an indefinite amount of time and I have left it for 15 mins and it still wont load into the main menu. Any suggestions guys?