The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

1 hour ago, Tricky14 said:

KSP crashes on startup when I add that line.

Well, on my hardware, KSP works better, but it is highly dependent what kind of graphic card you have and how drivers are optimized for DX11. So, if it gives you problems then don't force DX11, only change exe name to execute x64.

Is there any way to track a MOD that isn't currently available for the latest KSP build?

The reason I ask is that I've just started using CKAN and can't see myself going back again to manual installs again but whilst messing with the program and searching for MODs I know I keep seeing others which I like the look of but currently aren't updated.  It would be nice to be able to add a TRACK flag next to these so that when they are updated then they would be listed as available.

**SOLVED**

For anyone who finds this later, I found a workaround:  Modify your readme.txt in the KSP folder to contain the proper version.  Apparently Steam installs the latest readme.txt no matter what version of the game you have installed.  This is another reason CKAN should be using the buildID.txt for version detection. :)   (I found the bug report where this change is being discussed.)

I'm having an issue where CKAN is detecting my 1.0.5 install as 1.1.0, so I can't install any of the mods I want.  Is there a way to override the detected version of KSP?

On Windows 10 64-bit, I've told Steam to install the previous stable version of KSP.  I actually deleted all the local game content (both in Steam and then deleting the KSP folder via Windows Explorer) and then reinstalled via steam, ensuring that it contained only v1.0.5 files.  I launched KSP and it says v1.0.5.1028 on the startup screen.

CKAN was installed using the "Download the latest release" link at the start of this thread.  It is version 1.16.1-0-g2e91715 (beta).  The .exe is in the KSP folder.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

Edited by AlphaWolf
Found solution to problem

46 minutes ago, Gordon861 said:

Is there any way to track a MOD that isn't currently available for the latest KSP build?

The reason I ask is that I've just started using CKAN and can't see myself going back again to manual installs again but whilst messing with the program and searching for MODs I know I keep seeing others which I like the look of but currently aren't updated.  It would be nice to be able to add a TRACK flag next to these so that when they are updated then they would be listed as available.

Not currently, no. We've had a few requests for some kind of "favourites" functionality as a way to mark mods that you want to remain aware of.

I've raised an issue for an enhancement.

4 hours ago, nobodyhasthis2 said:

Try it without forcing DX11. A bit of advice that probably still stands from pre-release. 

KSP is built on the DX9 pipeline as this is the most stable, and to avoid introducing unknown variables. This is the pipeline chosen automatically, and in normal use, no further action is required. However, there may be some graphics glitches with other pipelines on some hardware. Your mileage may vary.

The use of alternatives is not officially supported, so we would prefer that issue reports (especially concerning graphics problems) are made for DX9 only (The default). The alternatives are provided as a courtesy and to allow for some workarounds with some hardware.. 

KSP 1.2 will be the graphics update

Appreciated, thank you. I didn't know 1.2 was going to be a graphics update, can't find info on that either.

hello i have a wish it give modmaker that make here mods as standalone with a dir that use all singlemods . but the problem is that files use in multible singel mods  can not overwrite from ckan  that bring error that ckan not overwrite a overwrite per user wish where nice. example cantares mods.

Edited by Prismatech

10 hours ago, politas said:

Well, maybe ModuleManager should do a better job of detecting the presence of a mod, like searching for a part or a .dll? Could people use better ModuleManager rules to avoid the issue? Seems to me there are several contributing factors, and all I ever hear is complaints about CKAN.

No argument there, it would be great if MM was a able to be a little smarter about it. To some degree this could be solved by modders creating their own config flags that can be queried through MM, but it would require everyone involved to standardize on something, individually.

Hi @politas, I have a file which is shared by two my texture mods. Is it possible to make a rule to exclude that file from installing if the other mod is present? Or force a skip of that file if its presence is detected. Currently it is impossible to install both of my Procedural Textures packs without having this error:

Oh no! It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed, or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed. As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file that it did not install itself.

I know people usually make another dependency, place the shared file there and filter it out from the core install. Is there no other way? I wish I could keep things tidy. Its only 1 file after all.

Anytime I try to apply updates to mods and install new mods in the same queue, Ckan crashed after the updates are applied, and the new mods are about to be installed. I get some kind of IO error and then it crashed. This has happened several times. No crashes if I update any number of mods, and then install new mods separately.  I hope this makes sense.

2 hours ago, Enceos said:

Hi @politas, I have a file which is shared by two my texture mods. Is it possible to make a rule to exclude that file from installing if the other mod is present? Or force a skip of that file if its presence is detected. Currently it is impossible to install both of my Procedural Textures packs without having this error:

Oh no! It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed, or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed. As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file that it did not install itself.

I know people usually make another dependency, place the shared file there and filter it out from the core install. Is there no other way? I wish I could keep things tidy. Its only 1 file after all.

It is possible to filter out specific files, but if a user only downloads the mod that has the file filtered out, they'll be missing a file.

1 minute ago, Kiro said:

Anytime I try to apply updates to mods and install new mods in the same queue, Ckan crashed after the updates are applied, and the new mods are about to be installed. I get some kind of IO error and then it crashed. This has happened several times. No crashes if I update any number of mods, and then install new mods separately.  I hope this makes sense.

That's a known bug. For now, do updates and installs as separate tasks.

7 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

According to the github page, TextureReplacer is now 1.1 compatible.. I took a look at it, but it seems to be getting its KSP version from AVC. Anything I can do to fix it up?

You could ask the author to update the .version file in the mod, or we could hard-code the KSP version in CKAN (which is obviously not so good an idea).

Hi there, question:

How do i tell CKAN to install pre-relases and/or ignore compatibility checks?

managed to find an answer in the pages. Apparently you can't.

Edited by Poofer

Getting "incompatible mods detected" popup on every launch since started using CKAN. All installed mods are up to date, could it be because I'm using some mods that are not available via CKAN (or they're available but I have to install them manually to make some amendments in mod's files)?

If it helps, mods installed without CKAN are:

1.1 Editor Extensions 3.0b
1.1 Magic_Smoke_Industries_Infernal_Robotics-2.0
1.1 Extraplanetary_Launchpads_v5.3.0
1.1 ProceduralParts.1.2
1.1 TextureReplacer-2.4.13 & Avera9eJoe's Endraxial planet conversions & Cetera's Suit

Gotcha - it was Infernal_Robotics-2.0, for whatever reason =)

Edited by Mystique

5 hours ago, StevieC said:

Small feature-request for CKAN: Can you add a column that gives a date/time stamp of when a mod was last updated, and allow us to sort mods by that tag?

I like this, a favorites flag, and a time-date-stamp of install, date of last version check, and date of last update.  For large sprawling installs with hundreds of mods, it'd be useful to be able to backtrack my steps.

Also, very key -- something to "disallow" or "ignore" a mod, perhaps with a user-editable description of why.  When I make an affirmative decision to uninstall a mod and not go back to it, I want CKAN to ignore it.  A handful of times I've tried a mod because the description seemed enticing, and either I plain didn't think it was my cup of tea, OR I removed it due to a conflict with something else I was trying to accomplish.  Then, a few days later, I see the enticing description again...

13 hours ago, Mystique said:

Getting "incompatible mods detected" popup on every launch since started using CKAN. All installed mods are up to date, could it be because I'm using some mods that are not available via CKAN (or they're available but I have to install them manually to make some amendments in mod's files)?

If it helps, mods installed without CKAN are:

1.1 Editor Extensions 3.0b
1.1 Magic_Smoke_Industries_Infernal_Robotics-2.0
1.1 Extraplanetary_Launchpads_v5.3.0
1.1 ProceduralParts.1.2
1.1 TextureReplacer-2.4.13 & Avera9eJoe's Endraxial planet conversions & Cetera's Suit

Gotcha - it was Infernal_Robotics-2.0, for whatever reason =)

That popup message is generated by KSP-AVC or MiniAVC, and has nothing to do with CKAN. It's the .version files mod authors set up.

Hello CKAN team. I'd like to make a request to have SVE removed from the CKAN index. A netkan file has apparently been made for my mod and it is causing a lot of unnecessary issues that keep popping up in my thread. I'd like it to remain off CKAN if at all possible until I or someone I know can create a proper and supported netkan file for the mod :) Thank you and I hope this isn't asking too much :D 

I have a bit of an oddball issue, CKAN is detecting my KSP to be version 7.0.5, which, as you may be able to tell, is wrong.

Any ideas on how to fix it, no idea what caused it

EDIT: 

Found the reason, something overwrote the readme.txt. Can someone maybe send the newest readme my way....

Edited by viperfan7

1 hour ago, Carraux said:

How do I get CKAN to install these mods without having delete all mods and all ckan folders and start from scratch?

Did you restart CKAN after deleting the mods? I've done the same, and CKAN recognized the absence of the mod after a full restart, then i was able to add it via CKAN.

6 hours ago, viperfan7 said:

I have a bit of an oddball issue, CKAN is detecting my KSP to be version 7.0.5, which, as you may be able to tell, is wrong.

Any ideas on how to fix it, no idea what caused it

EDIT: 

Found the reason, something overwrote the readme.txt. Can someone maybe send the newest readme my way....

Just put this line in readme instead of 7.0.5. and it should work:

Version 1.1.0

It does not have to be in any specific #line No. Whole readme file is full of meaningless lines to CKAN except that one.
I haven't testi it, though, so use that info with a grain of salt.

7 hours ago, viperfan7 said:

If this got overwritten, it's possible other stuff is messed up too.  I'd recommend just re-installing KSP.

14 hours ago, blowfish said:

If this got overwritten, it's possible other stuff is messed up too.  I'd recommend just re-installing KSP.

No need, I figured out what caused it, nothing else screwed up, completely my fault

Just put this line in readme instead of 7.0.5. and it should work:

Version 1.1.0

It does not have to be in any specific #line No. Whole readme file is full of meaningless lines to CKAN except that one.
I haven't testi it, though, so use that info with a grain of salt.

Did that, works flawlessly, still grabbed a readme because, dammit, I like ascii art

Edited by viperfan7