The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

1 hour ago, stibbons said:

Very well deserved, I'm a big fan of your work.

@pjf I'll see you at LCA! KSP BoF? ;) 

Likewise! @politas, you totally rock! The amount of effort you've put into the project has been phenomenal.

@stibbons: You sure will see me at Linux.conf.au! A KSP Birds-of-a-Feather would be pretty darn awesome; I'd love that! :)

I'm having an issue with installing RO on a fresh 1.0.5 install using CKAN - when downloading the files, it gives a "remote server error: forbidden" message for failing to download three files, and the download as a whole fails as well. It worked fine installing on 1.0.4, and my CKAN is the same between the two. Is this an RO issue or a CKAN issue? What am I doing wrong, if anything? Do you need more info?

NOTE: It seems to be stuck (or working veeery slowly) on "https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/releases/download/7.1.5/Firespitter_7.1.5.zip", and after a while, it gives the above error messages. Example error message:

Failed to download "https://github.com/Crzyrndm/RW-Saturatable/releases/download/1.10.2.1/SemiSaturatable.RW.zip" - error: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

Also, my download speed stays below 300 kbps, while my network speed reads as 5.5Mbps. Not sure if this is related.

EDIT: When leaving the three mods that give an error out, three more give an error.

EDIT: Non-RO mods work fine.

(Posted in RO thread as well)

Edited by Alex33212

It seems that kerbalstuff is having some difficulties today, I've been having issues getting many mods to update since the primary location is kerbalstuff.  Any fallback systems in place (IE auto selection of alternate download locations)?  Would that be a feature that would need to be officially requested (and possibly difficult to implement)?

Edited by raziel420
You'd think I could english

8 hours ago, Alex33212 said:

I'm having an issue with installing RO on a fresh 1.0.5 install using CKAN - when downloading the files, it gives a "remote server error: forbidden" message for failing to download three files, and the download as a whole fails as well. It worked fine installing on 1.0.4, and my CKAN is the same between the two. Is this an RO issue or a CKAN issue? What am I doing wrong, if anything? Do you need more info?

NOTE: It seems to be stuck (or working veeery slowly) on "https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/releases/download/7.1.5/Firespitter_7.1.5.zip", and after a while, it gives the above error messages. Example error message:

Failed to download "https://github.com/Crzyrndm/RW-Saturatable/releases/download/1.10.2.1/SemiSaturatable.RW.zip" - error: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

Also, my download speed stays below 300 kbps, while my network speed reads as 5.5Mbps. Not sure if this is related.

EDIT: When leaving the three mods that give an error out, three more give an error.

EDIT: Non-RO mods work fine.

(Posted in RO thread as well)

Nevermind, download progressing nominally. Tried running as Administrator, might have fixed issue. That, or it was temporary.

6 hours ago, raziel420 said:

It seems that kerbalstuff is having some difficulties today, I've been having issues getting many mods to update since the primary location is kerbalstuff.  Any fallback systems in place (IE auto selection of alternate download locations)?  Would that be a feature that would need to be officially requested (and possibly difficult to implement)?

Making a complete mirror of mod downloads is in the works, though obviously, it can only be done for mods with free licences. I don't know any details, though.

hi there, first great program.

2nd i have a question: i currently have several mods still in the zip files on my pc. is there a way that i can manually install them via Ckan without redownloading them?

3rd: so last night i selected some mods from the Compatible list and installed them, now i wanted to try them and while loading up i got a CTD without a report

no3 is fixed, i downloaded the agressive texture thingy and in the ksp icon properties i added -force-opengl and that did the trick.

Edited by sturmer

hello

So i had to do a new install and new KSP D/L ;(

so I'm trying to use Ckan but this error keeps coming up this is a new D/L Game with nothing in it but Ckan.exe.

Oh no!

it looks like you'r trying to install a mod which is already installed, or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

as a safety feature , the CKAN will never overwrite or alter a file that it did not install itself

if you with to install realismoverhaul v10.6.0 via the clan, then please manually uninstall the mod which owns:

Ships/vab/XX. craft

(XX being a random file each time i try to install)

Edit: Also getting Error on FAR 3.0.15.5.4

Ships/@thumbs/sph/xx.png

Edited by MissMolly

On 01/02/2016 at 4:48 AM, sturmer said:

hi there, first great program.

2nd i have a question: i currently have several mods still in the zip files on my pc. is there a way that i can manually install them via Ckan without redownloading them?

Not really, no. If you're having troubles with downloads timing out when downloading a set of mods, you can use the contents tab download button to pre-cache the files. But CKAN always gets its mod files from the source, to ensure integrity.

On 01/02/2016 at 7:30 AM, MissMolly said:

hello

So i had to do a new install and new KSP D/L ;(

so I'm trying to use Ckan but this error keeps coming up this is a new D/L Game with nothing in it but Ckan.exe.

Oh no!

it looks like you'r trying to install a mod which is already installed, or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

as a safety feature , the CKAN will never overwrite or alter a file that it did not install itself

if you with to install realismoverhaul v10.6.0 via the clan, then please manually uninstall the mod which owns:

Ships/vab/XX. craft

Edit: Also getting Error on FAR 3.0.15.5.4

Ships/@thumbs/sph/xx.png

Something odd is going on there, since you shouldn't be installing Realism Overhaul v10.6.0. The current version is 10.8.0

if the XX.craft files are the names that match RealismOverhaul, then it sounds like you may not be accessing the newly downloaded KSP installation. Check your CKAN title bar to see what it says the current directory is. Maybe you need to add a new KSP installation. CKAN stores its configuration in the Windows Registry, not local files, so just putting a ckan.exe in the new install directory won't guarantee that's the KSP install you're working on.

3 hours ago, politas said:

Something odd is going on there, since you shouldn't be installing Realism Overhaul v10.6.0. The current version is 10.8.0

if the XX.craft files are the names that match RealismOverhaul, then it sounds like you may not be accessing the newly downloaded KSP installation. Check your CKAN title bar to see what it says the current directory is. Maybe you need to add a new KSP installation. CKAN stores its configuration in the Windows Registry, not local files, so just putting a ckan.exe in the new install directory won't guarantee that's the KSP install you're working on.

I'm running on a mac, ckan.exe from/in mono with the path cd /Users/XXXXX/Desktop/KSP_osxCkan

both mono and Ckan are up to date as far as i can tell. 

Edited by MissMolly

CKAN has been a very useful tool, except recently with RoverDude's USI stuff.  I manually installed USI Kolinization because of a update poorly handled by the CKAN installation process (for whatever reason).  Now with his latest release, I'm getting an unhandled exception.  First I get an error displayed in the status log:

Installing previously uninstalled mod USI-Kolonization

Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed, or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file that it did not install itself.

If you wish to install CommunityResourcePack 0.4.9.0 via the CKAN, then please manually uninstall the mod which owns:

GameData/CommunityResourcePack/ResourceConfigs/ExoticMinerals.cfg and try again.

Your GameData has been returned to its original state.

Error!

Then the following:

See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at CKAN.Main._MarkModForUpdate(String identifier)
   at CKAN.Util.Invoke[T](T obj, Action action)
   at CKAN.Main.PostInstallMods(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Dallen/Desktop/ckan.exe
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34270 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Dynamic
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box.

If I try to uninstall CRP, it takes with it about a dozen other mods (USI, Near Future, etc.), which I don't want to do if there's a better solution.

25 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

CKAN has been a very useful tool, except recently with RoverDude's USI stuff.  I manually installed USI Kolinization because of a update poorly handled by the CKAN installation process (for whatever reason).  Now with his latest release, I'm getting an unhandled exception.  First I get an error displayed in the status log:

Installing previously uninstalled mod USI-Kolonization

Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed, or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file that it did not install itself.

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box.

If I try to uninstall CRP, it takes with it about a dozen other mods (USI, Near Future, etc.), which I don't want to do if there's a better solution.

Such thing happen from time to time due to numerous (un)installs. It might be good idea to export currently installed mods to *.ckan file.

After that uninstall everything. Another important step is to delete all foloders inside Gamedata folder except SQUAD.
Only after you have deleted all moded folders install everything from previously exported .ckan file. Note that CKAN would not download mods again, it will install everything from cache.

Roverdudes mods are updated frequently lately and he rearanged folders inside UmbraSpaceIndustries folder so it is most probable reason why CKAN mess up those installs. Another problem is when you uninstall USI mods from CKAN and install it manualy, CKAN does not recognize that you have those installed.

There might be slight chance to repair your installs if you uninstall only some of USI mods and delete obsolete folders by yourself, so it does not trigger again CKAN exception on next install, but you need to know what you can and what not to delete.

Someone might provide you with better answer, but I doubt that you will be able to handle everything properly without complete re-install.

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

Such thing happen from time to time due to numerous (un)installs. It might be good idea to export currently installed mods to *.ckan file.

Yeah, tell me about it :confused:

After that uninstall everything. Another important step is to delete all foloders inside Gamedata folder except SQUAD.
Only after you have deleted all moded folders install everything from previously exported .ckan file. Note that CKAN would not download mods again, it will install everything from cache.

I'm assuming you mean to uninstall everything using CKAN.  This, and the gamedata folder clean-out, I can do.

Seems simple enough.  Going to give it a try...stay tuned :P

Edit: Getting an unhandled exception after clicking on 17 mods to uninstall.  Clicking on Continue doesn't help:

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Cannot install KerbalEngineerRedux, module not available
   at CKAN.CkanModule.FromIDandVersion(IRegistryQuerier registry, String mod, KSPVersion ksp_version)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.<RelationshipResolver>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0(String name)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver..ctor(IEnumerable`1 module_names, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IRegistryQuerier registry, KSPVersion kspversion)
   at CKAN.MainModList.ComputeConflictsFromModList(IRegistryQuerier registry, IEnumerable`1 change_set, KSPVersion ksp_version)
   at CKAN.Main.<UpdateChangeSetAndConflicts>c__async1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at CKAN.Main.<ModList_CellValueChanged>c__async0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
ckan
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Dallen/Desktop/ckan.exe
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34270 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Microsoft.CSharp
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Dynamic
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Edited by Brigadier

I've removed all of the mods and cleared out the Gamedata folder as described.  When I try to reload from the .ckan file I get the following error:

Module KerbalEngineerRedux required, but not listed in index, or not available for your version of KSP

Error!

Is this related to the exception I got above?  My guess is to edit the .ckan file, remove the KER entry and try again.  KER hasn't been updated to 1.0.5 but does have a patch file.

Edit: And after trying to do this for KER, Science Alert, and Editor Extensions, now I get:

The following inconsistencies were found:
CommunityResourcePack requires a version 0.4.8.0. However a incompatible version, 0.4.9.0, is in the resolver
Error!

CRP 0.4.8.0 is listed in the .ckan file.  How do I resolve this one?

Edited by Brigadier

Yep, KER should not be able to install trough CKAN, you should do it manualy on top of other mods when CKAN finish reinstall of mods that it can handle properly.

It seems that CKAN become confused as you did some installs by CKAN and with manual installs. If you mix manual and CKAN automatic installs, you should enshure that you either didn't installed mod trough CKAN that you plan to install by yourself or if it is already installed trough CKAN, you uninstall it trough CKAN first, clean up mod folders in gamedata folder and only after that you install it manualy by yourself.

That way, mods that were installed by yourself will be recognized by CKAN as "AD" letters instead of checkbox on mod list. Meaning, CKAN will not offer to install or uninstall that mod, but it can recognize installed version and give you a warning when mod update is available.

EDIT:

I'm not sure about other errors you get there. It might be due to damaged .NET assemblies or unability to handle KER install properly caused those errors. Someone with deeper knowlage on .net assemblies might give better answer.

Edited by kcs123

5 hours ago, MissMolly said:

I'm running on a mac, ckan.exe from/in mono with the path cd /Users/XXXXX/Desktop/KSP_osxCkan

both mono and Ckan are up to date as far as i can tell. 

Ah, ok, then the CKAN config is stored in the Mono registry instead (~/.mono/registry). What does the CKAN title bar say is the location of your KSP install? Is it the newly downloaded KSP install?

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

Yep, KER should not be able to install trough CKAN, you should do it manualy on top of other mods when CKAN finish reinstall of mods that it can handle properly.

It seems that CKAN become confused as you did some installs by CKAN and with manual installs. If you mix manual and CKAN automatic installs, you should enshure that you either didn't installed mod trough CKAN that you plan to install by yourself or if it is already installed trough CKAN, you uninstall it trough CKAN first, clean up mod folders in gamedata folder and only after that you install it manualy by yourself.

That way, mods that were installed by yourself will be recognized by CKAN as "AD" letters instead of checkbox on mod list. Meaning, CKAN will not offer to install or uninstall that mod, but it can recognize installed version and give you a warning when mod update is available.

EDIT:

I'm not sure about other errors you get there. It might be due to damaged .NET assemblies or unability to handle KER install properly caused those errors. Someone with deeper knowlage on .net assemblies might give better answer.

You can also have CKAN installed mods that are unavailable if you installed them on your Steam KSP and then KSP upgraded. @Brigadier will need to take out the unavailable mods from the "depends" list in their exported .ckan

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

I've removed all of the mods and cleared out the Gamedata folder as described.  When I try to reload from the .ckan file I get the following error:

Module KerbalEngineerRedux required, but not listed in index, or not available for your version of KSP

Error!

Is this related to the exception I got above?  My guess is to edit the .ckan file, remove the KER entry and try again.  KER hasn't been updated to 1.0.5 but does have a patch file.

Edit: And after trying to do this for KER, Science Alert, and Editor Extensions, now I get:

The following inconsistencies were found:
CommunityResourcePack requires a version 0.4.8.0. However a incompatible version, 0.4.9.0, is in the resolver
Error!

CRP 0.4.8.0 is listed in the .ckan file.  How do I resolve this one?

Take out the version number, so it's just "CRP". I believe that'll work.

Edited by politas

I figured I needed to start from scratch so I've cleared the folder and re-downloaded almost all of my mods (sorry, I didn't get a chance to try removing the version line of the CRP section).  I'm having difficulty with a couple of mods that are flagged as incompatible with KSP 1.0.5 (Science Alert, KER).  I know these can be patched for 1.0.5 but CKAN will not allow me to download them (there's no checkbox on the left hand side).  I presume I have to install them manually and then apply the patches.

Will CKAN find them a mark them as AD?

Also, as I was selecting mods for installation, one of the lines (Planetshine, in this case) was highlighted in red.  What does that mean?

Thanks for all of your kind help so far.

I may have found a minor bug.

CKAN v1.16.0-0-g7206ce5, KSP 1.0.5

When I click on the filter button, everything works as it should, the mod list is displayed correctly and the button text changes to reflect the choice except when I select "Not installed".  When I select that filter, the button text reads "New".  The "New" filter correctly shows "New" on the button text.

8 hours ago, MissMolly said:

@politas  yes its a new D/L of KSP, and the title bar says CKAN v1.16.0-.-g7206ce5 (beta) -KSP 1.0.5 --/user/xxxx/desktop/KSP_osx-3CKAN

So /user/xxxx/desktop/KSP_osx-3CKAN is your newly-downloaded KSP, /user/xxxx/desktop/KSP_osx-3CKAN/Ships/VAB has only the 12 pre-installed .craft files, and /user/xxxx/desktop/KSP_osx-3CKAN/GameData has only the one folder called "Squad"? In that case, I have no idea what's going on. Maybe if you go into File -> Select KSP Install, select the new KSP install, click "Forget", delete any /user/xxxx/desktop/KSP_osx-3CKAN/CKAN folder that exists, then re-add /user/xxxx/desktop/KSP_osx-3CKAN as a new KSP install?

EDIT: Oh, one other thing I just thought of. Check the permissions on the KSP install folder. If you don't have write permission, I think you might get those error messages. Sometimes that can happen when Unix-like systems read off an NTFS file system.

Edited by politas

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

I may have found a minor bug.

CKAN v1.16.0-0-g7206ce5, KSP 1.0.5

When I click on the filter button, everything works as it should, the mod list is displayed correctly and the button text changes to reflect the choice except when I select "Not installed".  When I select that filter, the button text reads "New".  The "New" filter correctly shows "New" on the button text.

Issue raised: Selecting "Not Installed" filter displays as Filter (New)

First, many thanks to pjf, et al, for providing such a wonderfully useful tool.

Second, I apologise if this question has been asked before, but it seems that the ability to search a thread for keywords no longer exists in the forums.

So on to my question...

I created my first mod (WalkAbout V1.0) and got it uploaded to KerbalStuff. I then updated the mod (V1.1) submitted a .netkan file to CKAN's GitHub repository. So far, so good. My mod showed up a day later in CKAN and installation went without a hitch.

I then created the next version (v1.2) which I uploaded to KerbalStuff.  However, I have not seen any indication that there is an update available in CKAN. Am I missing something?  Do I need to submit another .netkan file? 

Perhaps I am just being impatient and the update will show up in time.  But if so, then could you give a quick explanation why it takes time for CKAN to detect that an update is available?  I would have thought that as soon as CKAN does a refresh it would detect new versions at their source locations.  Am I wrong?

Another thought I had was that it might have to do with version numbers.  I changed my versioning from V#.# to v#.#.  From what I read of the CKAN documentation this should not affect the version detection process, but since it uses a "modified" ASCII lexical sort, I can't be sure.  Do I need to add an epoch to get around this?

Again, many thanks and I hope you can answer my question (yeah I know, there are 5 questions marks - but I'm calling it one question)

18 hours ago, Antipodes said:

First, many thanks to pjf, et al, for providing such a wonderfully useful tool.

Second, I apologise if this question has been asked before, but it seems that the ability to search a thread for keywords no longer exists in the forums.

So on to my question...

I created my first mod (WalkAbout V1.0) and got it uploaded to KerbalStuff. I then updated the mod (V1.1) submitted a .netkan file to CKAN's GitHub repository. So far, so good. My mod showed up a day later in CKAN and installation went without a hitch.

I then created the next version (v1.2) which I uploaded to KerbalStuff.  However, I have not seen any indication that there is an update available in CKAN. Am I missing something?  Do I need to submit another .netkan file? 

Perhaps I am just being impatient and the update will show up in time.  But if so, then could you give a quick explanation why it takes time for CKAN to detect that an update is available?  I would have thought that as soon as CKAN does a refresh it would detect new versions at their source locations.  Am I wrong?

Another thought I had was that it might have to do with version numbers.  I changed my versioning from V#.# to v#.#.  From what I read of the CKAN documentation this should not affect the version detection process, but since it uses a "modified" ASCII lexical sort, I can't be sure.  Do I need to add an epoch to get around this?

Again, many thanks and I hope you can answer my question (yeah I know, there are 5 questions marks - but I'm calling it one question)

The Walkabout .netkan hasn't been added to CKAN yet as far as I can tell. I can only think that you did an install from .ckan somehow. 

EDIT: When you say you submitted a .netkan file, do you mean you checked the CKAN box on KerbalStuff? I can't find a submission for Walkabout other than the KerbalStuff automated one (which is predictably broken).

Edited by politas