WIP - Environmental Visual Enhancements Development

rbray89

i think this is a bug

http://imgur.com/hx2BhiX

yup that is a bug what is related to gamescene load if you want to correct ALT + E > goo to section CityLights then hit apply or you just bring game setting up goo hit apply, accept (i know planet it will half cover with cloud), sadly this procedure you will need to doo all the time you start game, this bug is triger special if it use other planet name in stead Kerbin

Wait, I just came upon this. Does this mean EVE is actually getting an update for 1.0 in the future? I thought it was abandoned and that was why the only version out was still for 0.24.

Yes. Not abandoned. It is just so different from the last version I had to refactor pretty much everything. Started a new thread, and suspended the old method of doing things.

Yes. Not abandoned. It is just so different from the last version I had to refactor pretty much everything. Started a new thread, and suspended the old method of doing things.

Thanks for doing all this by the way. It must be a tremendous amount of work and KSP really would not be anywhere close to as good as it is if it were not for EVE.

I still use the old version with Astronomer's Interstellar pack. KSP looks like something out of 2001 without it.

KSP looks so much better with EVE WIP though.. without it you lose the entire atmosphere a la:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I must say I love this mod. It + scatterer never cease to impress me.. I must have hundreds of what amounts to the same screenshot.

Edited by chrisv
google drive make sharing images overly complicated

KSP looks so much better with EVE WIP though.. without it you lose the entire atmosphere a la:

http://imgur.com/a/U7ACU

I must say I love this mod. It + scatterer never cease to impress me.. I must have hundreds of what amounts to the same screenshot.

Man, thanks so much... I didn't even know something like scatterer existed... This is gonna be so much prettier... :-)

I just wanted to post a potential remedy for the 'red glow' - the very red glow around the sun.

under atmosphereMaterial try these values for _SunsetColor:

_SunsetColor = 1,0.75,0.2,0.25

These values imitate the color of Earth's 'sun glow' (It is a color aptly named Sun Glow). It is close to that color anyway (original is a bit too yellow to me) - original values for Sun Glow are: vec3(1.0, 0.8, 0.2).

Result:

http://i.imgur.com/XY42ZuE.jpg

sorry to ask but, in what file does this line need to be changed? cause i have bean searching in the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements folder and i could not find any config file to put these in, or are they in some sort of compiled file? (in that case, it would be awsome if you could share the change)

would be awsome if my sky would not be a giant red glow :P

EDIT: was looking in the wrong folder, needed boulderco folder! got it and thanks!

Edited by Thahat

Just out of interest, are there any configs/packs for this? I know pingopete has his for RSS, but I was wondering if there were any for stock

Not really, but you can use old assets from say AVP or KSPRC, but you have to translate the texture's configuration to the new config format. On a somewhat related note, the skyboxes, planet textures from this post really enhance stock: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107471-1-0-4-TextureReplacer-2-4-8-%2813-8-2015%29?p=2002681&viewfull=1#post2002681

Just out of interest, are there any configs/packs for this? I know pingopete has his for RSS, but I was wondering if there were any for stock

Proot is working on a new version of KSPRC making use of this and Scatterer. Looks gorgeous. Maybe you can get access to some pre-release builds if you ask nicely?

I've recently been fiddling around with AVP's config files and I'm beginning to discover how he created the scattering effects with atmosphere. Is there a way to take the old format of atmospheres and import them to WIP EVE? I'm really just curious as to how easy it will be to port my cloud pack to WIP EVE when the time comes.

It seems there is a conflict issue between EVE WIP and SCANSAT planetary overlays.

Scansat has the option to overlay directly on a planet the current state of the scanning (be it altimetry, resource, biome,etc, etc) ,but with this mod on top, it seems the scansat layer is overwritten...

EVE WIP However still works with Kethane hexagonal grid.

Let me know if you have trouble to reproduce, and I'll narrow down the mod list...

P.S: my config (KSP v1.0.4 64 bit linux + lots & lots of mods)

Hey there.. just wanted to pop-in....

Testing the latest version on my game looks absolutely amazing....

A couple of things to note, and I've think they been mentioned before but I can't find them:

- Is there a way to change that redish sun glow? something more yellow would be more suited, I don't think its the end of days yet.

- Now that texture were safely converted to dds, is it safe to get rid of all the png files? (testing this out already)

- Besides Kerbin and Mun no other planets configured yet right?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.