[1.3 - 1.2.2] Collision FX v4.0 (2017-03-09) Now with biome coloured dust!

pizzaoverhead

Would it be possible to add (maybe as an optional "Silly Mode") a squeaky sound when Kerbals strike the ground, but survive? Like in this video:

Also, I think your mod is generally quite great. One thing it is useful for is finding out when clipping issues are causing problems, since you then get, for example, lots of sparks from inside your service bay.

Would it be possible to add (maybe as an optional "Silly Mode") a squeaky sound when Kerbals strike the ground, but survive? Like in this video:

Also, I think your mod is generally quite great. One thing it is useful for is finding out when clipping issues are causing problems, since you then get, for example, lots of sparks from inside your service bay.

I thought exactly the same thing on seeing that video! Fun fact: As of the last release, you can already do this! Kerbals now shout out when they hit things. You can easily change that "oof" sound to that of a squeaky toy. If you do, post a video! :D

I thought exactly the same thing on seeing that video! Fun fact: As of the last release, you can already do this! Kerbals now shout out when they hit things. You can easily change that "oof" sound to that of a squeaky toy. If you do, post a video! :D

Found and trimmed that sound for you guys! It's free to use, CC0.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Enceos

Hi pizzaoverhead, your mod is amazing! I'm dependent of it! :)

During a test on launchpad one of my kerbals has "accidentally" fallen from a lander's ladder. There is an infinite loop of metal screeching probably becose when the kerbal has fallen he has slightly moved the lander. It's very tedious.. ;.;

I get only the sound, no sparks.

Is there a way to fix it?

Found and trimmed that sound for you guys! It's free to use, CC0.

DOWNLOAD

Excellent! I may have to make it so that you hear this every once in a while...

Hi pizzaoverhead, your mod is amazing! I'm dependent of it! :)

During a test on launchpad one of my kerbals has "accidentally" fallen from a lander's ladder. There is an infinite loop of metal screeching probably becose when the kerbal has fallen he has slightly moved the lander. It's very tedious.. ;.;

I get only the sound, no sparks.

Is there a way to fix it?

I'm still looking for a fix for this. Something is entering a collision and not exiting it again, possibly a kerbal ragdoll's limbs. Pausing and resuming the game will unstick a stuck sound.

Excellent! I may have to make it so that you hear this every once in a while...

I'm still looking for a fix for this. Something is entering a collision and not exiting it again, possibly a kerbal ragdoll's limbs. Pausing and resuming the game will unstick a stuck sound.

thank you!

What!? Kerbals shout out now????? I've never heard this. Time to torture... erm, test this.

I have noticed a problem with this mod and RoverDude's Sounding Rockets mod: sounding rockets cause a continuous metal screeching sound while in the air, and the fairings fitting sounding rockets cause sparks to appear when ejected.

I ask myself if this mod is an ingenious way to detect problems with part clipping, colliders colliding, phantom forcing ...... some designs that showed strange behaviour also emitted screechy sounds ...

EDIT: Never mind. CKAN didn't give me the ModuleManager DLL. It's working now.

You need to list the Module Manager as a dependency in CKAN for your mod. I think you might have forgotten to do that.

I'm having some issues with this mod. Specifically, it doesn't do anything for me. At all. No sparks, no screeches, no nothing. I suspect either an old version of the mod or a conflict of some kind. I installed the mod using CKAN. I don't have many mods, but here's my list:

KSP 1.0.2

Astronomer's Pack PlanetShine configuration

Chatterer 0.9.1

CollisionFX 3.0.2

Editor Extensions 2.7

Heat Management 0.21a

HyperEdit 1.4

Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.0.16.6

PlanetShine 0.2.3.1

Edited by Inglonias
Solved.

CollisionFX 3.1 is now available! It fixes the never ending spark sounds.

Sweet, but looks like there's a regression with regards to Adjustable Landing Gear wheels, they're triggering sparks on the runway again. Don't see the check for BDAdjustableLandingGearthat was in the previous version.

EDIT: It would also be cool if landing gear could trigger the dust effects on terrain, but not the sparks effects on surfaces.

Sweet, but looks like there's a regression with regards to Adjustable Landing Gear wheels, they're triggering sparks on the runway again. Don't see the check for BDAdjustableLandingGearthat was in the previous version.

EDIT: It would also be cool if landing gear could trigger the dust effects on terrain, but not the sparks effects on surfaces.

Confirmed and agreed, wheels in general should throw up dirt/sand/snow/regolith/whatever-in-that-category over a certain velocity, but of course not spark.

Confirmed and agreed, wheels in general should throw up dirt/sand/snow/regolith/whatever-in-that-category over a certain velocity, but of course not spark.

Ask and ye shall receive!

CollisionFX 3.2 is now available!. It fixes the regressions and makes landing gear throw up dust when on rough ground. There is no dust on KSC facilities as the grass there appears to be green-painted concrete.

Ask and ye shall receive!

CollisionFX 3.2 is now available!. It fixes the regressions and makes landing gear throw up dust when on rough ground. There is no dust on KSC facilities as the grass there appears to be green-painted concrete.

Nice, thanks.

One more issue: the Adjustable Landing Gear parts don't generate dust, otherwise it looks good. :)

Nice, thanks.

One more issue: the Adjustable Landing Gear parts don't generate dust, otherwise it looks good. :)

Nearly there! Thanks for the info.

Is it possible to have a particular event use different files each time it's triggered? For variety's sake, a collision could have a random chance of playing bang1.ogg, bang2.ogg, bang3.ogg, etc

That's next up on the list, alongside dust colours for bodies other than Kerbin.

Are there still sparks in space? o-O

EDIT: Well there's only one way to find out :)

There are no sparks anywhere without oxygen. I'm working on something a bit different for space.

As8-16-2583.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.