[v0.17] Damned Aerospace Version 1.5.3 + Crewtank

DYJ

Just downloaded this mod again after using it way back in 0.15.2, and went right after the problem with the "DArotorypistonprop" part causing the game to hang on the loading screen to see if I could do anything about it other than simply not using it. Opened up the part.cfg for it, and found the problem pretty quickly, too!

The problem is that the game is looking for a sound file that isn't there!

part.cfg fragment causing the issue:

// --- Sound FX definition ---

[COLOR=#ff0000]sound_cessna_start = activate[/COLOR]
sound_rocket_hard = active
sound_vent_soft = deactivate

if that line in red was going to work right, you would need to change it to "sound_cessna_start.wav = activate"

and then you would also need a sound file called "sound_cessna_start.wav" in parts/DArotartpistonprop/sounds.

But for now, it should work if you replace the red text in the code tags with "sound_vent_medium = activate" (minus the quotes, of course)

It sounds like this already has .17 compatibility, even though it says not. As for the IVA for the crewtank, WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT... Although it does seem like DYJ has been absent for a bit here... I hope hes just making .17 compatibility better...

DYJ has already rejected the idea of making an IVA for the Crewtank. I attempted making one, but currently there is a bug that causes non-command capsule IVAs to be positioned very incorrectly and impossible to align. So, a fully featured (i.e. windows) Crewtank IVA will have to wait for a KSP update.

DYJ has already rejected the idea of making an IVA for the Crewtank. I attempted making one, but currently there is a bug that causes non-command capsule IVAs to be positioned very incorrectly and impossible to align. So, a fully featured (i.e. windows) Crewtank IVA will have to wait for a KSP update.

The mods here for IVA crewtank are all a simple CFG edit. The section for internals from the other command pods can be copied out and added into the crewtank CFG, but it only gives you the generic internals of the other cockpits. (also number of crew would need to be edited to fit)

The 'position' bug I found isn't actually a position problem but a scale problem. For some reason internals need to be scaled about 1.1 to fit the model they go with. Again yeah its a weird value - it isn't quite 1.1 entirely, and I did shuffle the position the tiniest bit in my model, but it was mostly a scale issue.

I've never rejected the idea of IVA for the crewtank completely, what I said is that I don't think that making a internal environment for it would be that useful until we get proper IVA rather than just cockpit view given that the crewtank isn't a cockpit. Internals for it wouldn't serve much purpose other than being able to look out the windows as it currently.

But if that's something people really want to see I can whip something together.

And I'll go through the DA release and clean up that sound error thing, looks like a leftover from when I was messing with alternate sound files.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
May I have some help installing this mod? When I put the parts in the parts folder and then get on the game it just shows one coaxial rotor and doesnt show any other parts, not even the default game parts

Look up, now look at your post, Now look up again. Your question has been answered... I am a horse.

• 2 weeks later...
I downloaded your mod, loved the addons/parts but when I tried them, there's no GUI and they don't highlight when moused over. Right now they are useless. Respond please!

This mod is incompatible, or doesn't work, with the latest versions of the game. Check out firespitter for parts similar to these.