[v0.17] Damned Aerospace Version 1.5.3 + Crewtank

DYJ

Was testing stuff when suddenly, science happened!

6nXOL.jpg

The crewtank can control carts! Time to revive the old APC project.

Is it possible to control a ship (without command pod) with crewtank or crewtank can only control carts?

BTW, in case DYJ doesn\'t already know, the graphics for some of the props are messed up a bit - the old-school prop has a piece floating several metres ahead of the main engine, and the helicopter props have been doubled (though appear to operate as before). All appear to be visual bugs only. I\'m waiting on the fenestron anyway, so will be holding off on a new helicopter fleet till then.
Open engine\'s part.cfg and change rotorBlur parameter to 1. Works fine, even with an old-school prop (BTW that one\'s FTW! 8) It\'s my favorite one).
Colmo - Never actually tried the aerospace pack in 0.16 yet will take a look at that. And for the love of boosterst don\'t wait for me to do anything, I don\'t have time to finish all projects I start and I get distracted easily.
That may be quite an easy fix. 0.16 has new rescaleFactor CFG parameter (which defaults to 1.25 or something); so the all the \'blurred\' rotors created by MuMechLib.dll plugin should be scaled accordingly.

UPD. Hell, yeah. This lil\' baby can float in the air even at 40m/s 8)

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10138.0;attach=27463;image

Is there a way to control whatever is connected to the crew tank from the crew tank, as if it were a backup command pod? I really want to re-create an Apollo landing with one.

apollomockup.png

Please Please Please let me do this. :D

How did you get the ladders to lineup?

In the VAB, the Q & E keys allow rotation, and Shit+Q & Shift+E allow fine rotation.

You need 1 or 2 rotations and 6 fine rotations to line up the crewtank with the capsule.

Is there a way to control whatever is connected to the crew tank from the crew tank, as if it were a backup command pod? I really want to re-create an Apollo landing with one.

You could try to add a MechJeb to the lander, but it might be almost uncontrollable without the pod\'s gyroscope.

apollomockup.png

Please Please Please let me do this. :D

Strap a MechJeb on your lander and you\'re all set. 8)

Strap a MechJeb on your lander and you\'re all set. 8)

It won\'t work. For some reason all the stage sequences are activated when you separate the rocket. That means all engines activated, decouplers destroyed and parachutes opened. This happens only with MechJeb, everything is ok without it.

It won\'t work. For some reason all the stage sequences are activated when you separate the rocket. That means all engines activated, decouplers destroyed and parachutes opened. This happens only with MechJeb, everything is ok without it.

You\'re right about MechJeb, but it is possible to build a lander in only one stage, without decoupler. The landing legs and ladders remain controllable though.

You have to design the lander to be able to land and lift off in one piece. It\'s not exactly like Apollo, but I think it\'s the best we can do for now.

When I use Shift+Q/E to line up the ladders, at about 2-3 clicks away from perfect line up, the piece goes red because I can\'t place it there. It is green at basically any other angle but these few areas.

SSjJi.png

Is this normal?

When I use Shift+Q/E to line up the ladders, at about 2-3 clicks away from perfect line up, the piece goes red because I can\'t place it there. It is green at basically any other angle but these few areas.

SSjJi.png

Is this normal?

Rotate the command pod, then it will let you attach it.

SS_07-25_10-03-57AM.png

Rotating the command pod then realligning the crew tank didn\'t help, but I was able to get the pod to eventually attach just by jiggling the pieces around for 10 minutes. I\'ll update my part but I got it yesterday. Looks like DYJ updated it today. Hopefully it\'ll help. Thanks for all the tips guys.

I can enter but cannot leave crew module. It says Hatch obstructed.. hmm..

I have this problem as well. There is nothing obstructing either hatch though. Jeb and Bill are stuck in my crew module !

It randomly works again sometimes..... Just got Jeb out after I posted. ???