[v0.17] Damned Aerospace Version 1.5.3 + Crewtank

DYJ

They were 'working' but with the current 'wing' dynamics they didn\'t really serve much of a purpose.

I\'ll look into it again once the wing code gets some love.

Would a placeholder-type duct-tape job with a MuMech variable module with a 2 setting drag value or something be too much effort for not enough gain? (sorry for seeming needy, it\'s just a pet hate of mine, only being able to decelerate by turning my enigines off)

A togglable airbrake is currently something you can make with existing mechjeb plugin.

But since one that can only be toggled has a very limited usefulness I decided to wait until I can make a proper variable one.

Anyone else having trouble in 0.15.2 building a chopper that a) goes straight up B) doesn\'t spin out of control c) doesn\'t keel over?

I just cannot seem to nail centre of mass (basically where the main rotor goes). I have one chopper that works....for a while, then it spins out as fuel use imbalances it. It\'s a big old bird, as anything smaller just doesn\'t work. Handles like a pig too.

Tried a Chinook too, but that just tipped instantly on it\'s side for no good reason.

The Camera plugin is a hard act to follow, but I just successfully tested the pusher props as a boat propeller.

PowerboatMkI.jpg

It was spectacularly inefficient, slow, and I\'m not sure how much thrust came from thrust in air or water...but a nice start.

A nice little outboard as a combined prop/control surface would be the ticket...

Hi All,

I tried the parts pack on 15.2 recently but the toltrotor part was very floppy! it would allow the rotation of the part attached to it but it always seemed to be bent downwards to the ground like the part attached was way too heavy for it.

Any ideas? is it just a cfg mod to be made?

It\'s actually not the tiltrotor, prefim. It\'s the connections between the parts attached TO the tiltrotor. r4m0n fixed the connection inside the tiltrotor a while ago, it\'s actually the single most solid connection on a rocket atm.

I had a fix for the rest of the part to part connections, but it just doesn\'t work anymore in 0.15x. HarvesteR said he was going to be changing things around under the hood in 0.16, which I believe will make my joint fixer usable again, but for now, we\'re stuck with floppy rockets.

On that note, I think I posted this in my joint fixer thread, but never sent this here where it rightly belongs:

screenshot104fk.jpg