[v0.17] Damned Aerospace Version 1.5.3 + Crewtank

DYJ

I would love helicopter parts, especially tail rotors! I managed to build this using Damned parts, but it\'s a bastard to control.

I\'m not gonna lie, I expected it to break in half. Otherwise, nicely done. Absolutely insane.

Not sure if it\'s been done before, but I just landed a chopper at KSC2.

screenshot15.jpg

More than enough fuel for a round trip, and even dropped a MechJeb BigTrak off on the way.

That\'s awesome-looking. Could you post a craft file for that please?

That\'s awesome-looking. Could you post a craft file for that please?

Sure, just check out my signature. That MkII model is now obsolete (there\'s still the torque-twist variant - which hopefully the new fenestron will consign to history come DA 2.0) - MkIII handles much better, and now has 3 siblings (and an ugly amphibious cousin) of different sizes! I do have an experimental tricopter for retrieval missions, still very much a prototype.

This mod is looking awesome, just wondering for the next release you could add a helicopter blade that has 1 rotor not 2?

That would need a tail rotor for sure to counteract the torque effect - fortunately, also due in v2.0.

It does work in 15.2 Just make sure you have the latest mumechlib.dll installed.

Played around with radially attachable engines.

eNk9K.png

I have a question, how do you tell if you have the latest mumechlib.dll, and my game gets stuck loading Simple prop 1m pushing. Help me please?

It isn\'t trivial, unless you have all copies of it hanging around for you to check, then just checking the date and using the most recent is fine.

Anyway, the the props haven\'t been changed in a while, so any version should have them... I would recommend reinstalling the mods to see if it helps, the problem may be elsewhere.

Still have yet to get around to finishing the fenestron, but I made this last night:

wZZAY.png

It\'s good to know you\'ve started! Love the rover, the Bigtrak has competition! Will you be including camera code for a cockpit view?

I have yet to figure out where I want the CM, but since all my stuff relies on r4m0ns code anyway this thing might aswell.

I\'m not entirely sure what I want it to do but I reckon I can give it some doors that open and internal space for users to put stuff in if the cart plugin can handle the .mu format, internal fuel/rcs tanks, batteries,science,crew compartments things like that.

As always I appreciate suggestions.

good mod, but i had to change the tiltrotor to'fuelCrossFeed = True'

Edit

i just had an ides! we need part that moves up and done, so we can make a jet with Folding wings. And do some thing like this

su33_zenit.gif

Tried the Hing in DamnedRobotics it has that up and down movement but it don\'t go full 90 degrees also its to big to use on wings

I think I\'m almost ready to work on KSP stuff again, so I\'ll start by harassing other modder\'s threads.

Usual crazy code gibberish here:

I did a 'quick' workup of a fix to the stock tank fuel draw problem(always uses stack, never the tank itself), but the only way to dig into it was hijacking the stock tank code with a PartModule, and I couldn\'t get the fuel box to display properly no matter what I did.

Since I was already recoding the FuelTank class, and r4m0n already has a MuMechVariableTank class that still works like it\'s supposed to; and someone asked about air/rocket engines, and I never repackaged mine properly: I\'m just going to repackage the stock fuel tanks setup to use the MechJeb class.

Anyway, if you want fuel tanks that work with DYJ\'s engines, and actually drain evenly, I\'ll stick a set at the top of the thread here

Should be ready later tonight (few hours).

Edit: Forgot about an old 'feature', going to be more problematic than I thought.

@Evil Beaver : :o WHAT IS THAT THING ??!?

Where is it from ?

Is it a Sukhoi 35 ?

Is it a real-life thing ?

Anyway, you can use the door hinges for that, if you want inspiration check SasquatchM\'s folding planes

EDIT : I checked this, but the page is in russian, and google traduction does not really help. I only heard about the 'Zenith' and 'Buran' project. At least I know it was part of the Buran program