[v0.17] Damned Aerospace Version 1.5.3 + Crewtank

DYJ

And by avatar-style, you mean Command & Conquer Orcas, right? ;P

Looking great, and it looks like I have to update this mod again.

EDIT: In regards to air breathing engines, the 1m pulling props quit working for me around 10km. Anyone else have different results? (I want to figure out if it\'s a hard code or if it depends on the structure of the planes)

Gives me an idea for coanda effect surfaces, especially as you have all of these nifty fans laying about.

Wait a second, that gear doesn\'t look right, are you testing .15? >(

If I was testing .15 I wouldn\'t be posting pictures, the landing gear I use is either C7 beta gear or Tiberions derivative.

RmKUB.jpg

Oh God straight wings, thank you. The ducted fans are looking sweet as well.

A couple of craft made from your awesome parts:

A working harrier VTOL aircraft:

00uwFl.png

A Chinook chopper, reasonably flyable, but a bit roll-unstable:

spHb8l.png

A flying salvage platform, extremely stable, even at low speeds:

L2qRQl.jpg

A tilt-wing plane, extremely low stall/landing speed, enough so that you don\'t even need front gear:

6BbUtl.png

My God, Moller was right - a brilliant tilt-turbine skycar, stable & easily controllable:

P9Uo6l.png

O0hOrl.jpg

Here you go.

You\'ll need the following:

C7 - all of the things

Damned Aerospace & Robotics - probably all of the things

Capt. Slug - Radial Boosters

Tiberdyne - Launch Brackets

Kosmos - ASAS

KW - KW Strut Connector Medium

Void Bukerneering - Particle Cannon

HSTW - Sunbeam Laser

Note to Pilots: 9/0 to rotate engines. For your safety, please offset engines slightly before ignition, in order not to bbq rear thrusters. I would also highly recommend using a joystick, as I have no idea if they are flyable without one. :)

That Harrier looks really neat p0stal b0b.

Made another random shuttle/spaceplane:

FAQr6.png

iIAWv.png

KK8Zn.jpg

Sooner or later I\'ll make one I like enough to actually finish :/

I can see a radial chute from Capt. slug on the skycar, are you sure you\'re listing all the mods ?

Yeah, I removed that before saving/uploading, as the craft really doesn\'t need it. :)

Hmm... Whenever I install this plugin, all of the parts except maybe two of them are invisible and un-attachable anywhere, but they still show up in the list of parts over on the left side of the VAB. The reason I know I\'m actually clicking them is that when I take one and place it randomly, the little 'Engine' sign shows up to the left of the staging menu like with un-attached parts. Also, none of the parts have any description.

Any help? I was thinking it might be because I had MechJeb before I got this plugin and so I didn\'t put in the mechjeb that came with the download, but from my understanding the OP says that newer versions of MechJeb would contain the files used for this plugin.

Hmm... Whenever I install this plugin, all of the parts except maybe two of them are invisible and un-attachable anywhere, but they still show up in the list of parts over on the left side of the VAB. The reason I know I\'m actually clicking them is that when I take one and place it randomly, the little 'Engine' sign shows up to the left of the staging menu like with un-attached parts. Also, none of the parts have any description.

Any help? I was thinking it might be because I had MechJeb before I got this plugin and so I didn\'t put in the mechjeb that came with the download, but from my understanding the OP says that newer versions of MechJeb would contain the files used for this plugin.

I think it\'s because of the way the parts are getting around the 'engine deathray' issue, they\'ll show up very low in the VAB when you place them. Try zooming out & scrolling up, & place it really high, & you should see it appear much lower than your cursor.

OK, how do you get the tiltrotors to rorate in the same direction?

Placing them with symmetry seems to work for me, placing them individually produces a spin-o-matic craft. :)

I believe the stock engine gimbal doesn\'t take into account engine position like the the control surfaces do anyway. It\'s a vanilla thing, but I believe C7 said something about a re-write of the control input in .15, so I\'m looking forward to inputs being mapped much better to their actual effect.

If it works like I hope it will, it will make for much better response from engine turning, and probably make MechJeb much less jittery as well.

Not an issue with this specifically, but something to look forward to in .15(possibly)

I did use symmetry, but still got the Crazy Ivan situation. :(

Try creating two groups and put everything that turns one way in the first, and everything that turns the \'wrong\' way in the second. Then map the first group to say 0 and 9, and the second group to 9 and 0 respectively.

Should fix your trouble.