• South America
    • Europe
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Australia

United States of America, North America

Croatia, Europe

If you don't know: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croatia :D

I know where Croatia is but I think most Americans here are too stupid to know about it. :P Dubrovnik is quite a cool little city!

Need to modify that Australia option to either Australasia or Oceania. Us K1w1's don't like being lumped in with Aussies, and vice versa. So no vote from this user.

I agree, it's weird because on NatGeo's Geo Bee they tell you you can't use Oceania as an answer and that you must refer to the region as "Australia." I do agree that it's awfully excluding to Kiwis, Papua New Guineans, other various Pacific islands, etc. Lots of other places out there that shouldn't be lumped with Australia, not for political reasons but just because it's confusing. :P

Edited by Woopert

In: Japan

Also, regarding the New Zealand / Australia thing: it bears remembering that a 'region' is a different thing from a 'continent', and that not every country is part of a continent. Case in point, New Zealand isn't, and neither are the UK (hence the phrase "continental Europe" to specifically exclude the UK) or Japan.

So, maybe, a better question would be what 'region' is everyone from, and the answer for Australia / New Zealand / Vanuatu / New Caledonia / etc. should be Oceania.

Where's the "None" option?

I'm from New Zealand, which is definitely not part of Australia. Unless you meant Australasia or Oceania. ;)

Need to modify that Australia option to either Australasia or Oceania. Us K1w1's don't like being lumped in with Aussies, and vice versa. So no vote from this user.

So much this. Not sure why America and Afro-Eurasia gets split into pseudo-continents but we get lumped in with a single country. Note that even when talking about Australia as a continental region, New Zealand is not part of the continent of Australia. New Zealand and Australia are both part of the wider regions known as Australasia and Oceania.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.