A Sneak Peek at KSP: Beta Than Ever

SQUAD

This looks like its going to be absolutely amazing! The old nature of contracts had kind of made me find the game more of a chore to play and I wasn't really enjoying it that much, even with the addition of so many cool new things from the last update. However with kerbal professions (hope I can fix those pesky solar panels), crazy new contracts, shuttle parts, a bunch of new biomes on far away worlds, and a upgradeable space center (Love the style btw, though if you are planning on adding a even lower tier you should totally make the VAB a crane and Jebs junkyard) I think I'm going to be busy for a VERY long time now. Awesome work squad! This update will most defiantly make the game Beta then ever!

Doing a bit of legwork, I found a few of the prices for building upgrades from this video:

Vehicle Assembly Building:

Lv1 -> Lv2: 21,000

Lv2 -> Lv3: 130,000

Launchpad:

Lv1 -> Lv2: 5,200

Lv2 -> Lv3: 32,200

Astronaut Complex:

Lv1 -> Lv2: 5,000

Lv2 -> Lv3: 21,200

Runway:

Lv1 -> Lv2: 9,000

Lv2 -> Lv3: 56,000

Spaceplane Hangar:

Lv1 -> Lv2: 20,200

Lv2 -> Lv3: 125,800

Let the tactical planning of upgrade purchases begin!

You won't want to. The rotation gizmo is that much better.

No I like using keyboard as well as mouse for many things (OS, games, writing etc) even though most of the time the task can be done with just one. Deciding people will want ONLY the new way of doing things is usually a poor design decision. see windows 8 sales for example. New UI was SOOOO wonderful that you didn't even need that old start button. (yes I know it wasn't just the start button)

I imagine Jeb at first starts out as nothing more than a crazy sonofabitch who is willing to get strapped to a booster for the glory of Kerbalkind. His badass pilot skills develop later through experience.

Jeb will always be a nut job. Which is why we love him so.

Gizmos and removal of collision detection in editor, being good ideas, are potentially dangerous for parts with moving colliders. I wouldn't like my landers to spontaneously disassemble themselves when I deploy landing legs, for example. But we'll wait and see how it works, I guess.

1) Add two docking ports orthogonal to the main command pod

2) Select "control from here"

3) ????

4) Profit!

Congratulations, you have cheated the xp system to hold other vectors that your pilot is not supposed to be able to hold.

SQUAD, I love this game, I really do: that's why I wish you were not so lazy with your game design choices...

1) Add two docking ports orthogonal to the main command pod

2) Select "control from here"

3) ????

4) Profit!

Congratulations, you have cheated the xp system to hold other vectors that your pilot is not supposed to be able to hold.

SQUAD, I love this game, I really do: that's why I wish you were not so lazy with your game design choices...

I'll be honest, I didn't see that coming. It makes perfect sense and will probably be a well known hack. Squad should make it so you can't "control from here" unless you have a high level pilot.

I see you didn't take the complaint of several people seriously, it's still that hard to understand guy presenting the video.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.