[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

Point taken. I was talking about increasing the maximum warp. Its very important to get to the outermost bodies. But TimeControl has bugs and I theres no ETA. You could make OPM warp rails a toggle-able setting, defaulted to off. However, I know OPM doesn't have a settings window so this might be a lot of work. I don't know if its possible, but you could make patching a new set of warp rails conditional: TimeControl not detected->Patch improved rails.

I'm sure you've got plenty on your plate, I just want to keep the ideas flowing.

No-one on the OPM team has any plugin-writing experience, which your suggestions seems to require. I've had no bugs with TimeControl and its the best such timewarp altering mod at the moment, so I say let's just stick with that for our timewarp increasing needs. Thanks for the idea though. You never know which ones could stick or which ones won't, so never be shy to propose them.

- - - Updated - - -

Bug report incoming. Well I hope it's a bug and not my incompetence. I have :

OPM 1.5.2, and the 1K-2K textures

Texture Replacer 2.2.5

AVP Interstellar

Distant Object Enhancement 1.5.2

When I have a satellite in orbit, occasionally, at every point in an orbit, the skybox re-appears to full visibility when looking at the sun.

This doesnt occur when OPM is not in.

If more information is needed, I can provide.

I've had reports that Distant Object Enhancement is no longer working perfectly with recent OPM updates, so it maybe something related to that. For the next update I have a more in-depth investigation for that incompatibility planned, so I'll add your situation to list of things that I have to check.

I've had reports that Distant Object Enhancement is no longer working perfectly with recent OPM updates, so it maybe something related to that. For the next update I have a more in-depth investigation for that incompatibility planned, so I'll add your situation to list of things that I have to check.

I have Distant Object Enhancement and It's not causing any bugs, I don't have texture replacer tho.

I have attempted to download and install this mod multiple times but I can't get it to work. I removed KSP and all of the mods I use and downloaded KSP again and tried to install the outer planets mods with no outer planets mod installed, but I still cannot get it to work. Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

I have attempted to download and install this mod multiple times but I can't get it to work. I removed KSP and all of the mods I use and downloaded KSP again and tried to install the outer planets mods with no outer planets mod installed, but I still cannot get it to work. Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

After install you should have in your GameData folder the following folders

(this is the minimum required to have the outer planets)

-Squad (from 0.90 KSP)

-NASAmission (from 0.90 KSP)

-BoulderCo

-KittopiaSpace

-Kopernicus

-OPM

-Module Manager.2.5.9.ddl

If you have all those folders but still can't see the planets let me know so I can help you further.

After install you should have in your GameData folder the following folders

(this is the minimum required to have the outer planets)

-Squad (from 0.90 KSP)

-NASAmission (from 0.90 KSP)

-BoulderCo

-KittopiaSpace

-Kopernicus

-OPM

-Module Manager.2.5.9.ddl

If you have all those folders but still can't see the planets let me know so I can help you further.

Thanks for you help, but I've tried it with just the files you suggested but I'm still getting nothing.

Thanks for you help, but I've tried it with just the files you suggested but I'm still getting nothing.

If you are on windows create a file named list.bat inside your gamedata folder

with the notepad edit it to contain this text:

@echo off

dir *.* /S/B > list.txt

Save it and run it, it's a small program that will create a file named list.txt with inside a list of all the files contained in your gamedata folder.

Upload the file or paste the content here, maybe I can see if somethin is missing.

Otherwise I don't know what to tell you, sorry :|

I figured it out. The issue is the temperatureMultiplier is setting the aerodynamic stresses on the vehicle ridiculously high. Using FAR, you can open the flight data window and watch the Q as you enter the atmosphere. It will climb at an alarming rate and quickly reach into the 20k range and blow the ship apart. I recommend changing the multiplier back to 2.5 as that causes the pressure to stabalize. You can also tweak the amosphere scale hieight some to offset it a bit, but 5 is still way too high as even 3.3 will blow a ship apart.

I'd like to think we aren't supposed to aerocapture in gas giants so easily... imagine if KSP had some kind of weather system, ships would be violently destroyed a lot more frequently around Jool...

I had a quick search through, but couldn't find a definitive answer, what is the status of this mod with 64 bit KSP? I'm guessing it isn't compatible with 64 bit as the new planets dont show on my 64 bit install, but do on my 32 bit install

All depends on how deep you go into the atmosphere and how fast you are coming in... In that regard gas giants really do not differ all that much from terrestrial planets with atmospheres.
I had a quick search through, but couldn't find a definitive answer, what is the status of this mod with 64 bit KSP? I'm guessing it isn't compatible with 64 bit as the new planets dont show on my 64 bit install, but do on my 32 bit install

64-bit Windows KSP is officially compatible with almost no mods, since it's almost impossible to tell the difference between issues caused by the 64-bit version of KSP or by the mod itself, because 64-bit is so unstable. It is so unstable that starting with 1.0 Squad are even pulling 64-bit Windows for 1.0. As such I can't help you with OPM on 64-bit Windows. Only option is 64-bit Linux or 32-bit Windows/Mac.

64bit KSP for windows is an unstable mess and will (fortunately!) be discontinued even by Squad; linux on the other hand works like a charm. If nothing shows up for you on win 64bit, its either the builds inherent instability, or some dependency plugin that has been deactivated for it on purpose.

Edit: Ninja'd :D

Hey folks, need some help. I was using 1.4, which worked well.

But I can't get the RAM profile far down enough to keep KSP from crashing, when using 1.5.2 on my modded KSP.

Using ATM aggressive and manually down scaled textures (have issues with Mega).

Ram usage difference in VAB: 1.5.2 ram 3.2Gb vs 1.4 ram 2.8Gb.

As it stands now, I had to back to 1.4 (DDSified) to keep KSP playable.

Is there anything else worth trying to make 1.5.2 not eating that 400 ram?

Whoa... are you running with or without astronomers visual pack (or any visual packs in general)?

Have you tried the -force-opengl option?

Else: delete every single part that you do not need manually, replace all stock tanks, wings, etc with procedural stuff etc...

Edited by Tellion

@Tellion, yes I am using (heavily downscaled textures!!) AV pack and yes I already had cut down non used parts, to be able to install Karbonite one day.

All worked well together, so I was a bit shocked the 1.5.2 update hit me with the much higher ram usage.

Edit: using the forced dx11 option, worked better than opengl.

Edited by Gkirmathal

Cpt. Robau will be able to give better advice on the opm textures and what you could save there, but you might have to cut the visual packs...

So what about opengl? The last time I tried to get my main install running on windows 32bit, it really would not go anywhere near load completion with anything but opengl, its one of the few things capable of making 32bit bearable...

But tbh, if you like mods (piles and piles of mods), linux is really the best way to go in the end.

Still odd, as the visualpack never gave any issue in combination with 1.4. Indeed I hope Cpt. Robua can clarify what changed what gives me this high ram usage :)

OpenGl, it just didn't give me the performance dx11 did (dx11 vidcard).

Linux, i'm pro linux and use/have used it a lot (servers and my laptop). But for my game system, I don't know man, even in dual boot. Got some titles that have no native support and just run bad on Wine compared to W7.

Got everything tied down below 2.77Gb before I needed to reinstall 1.4. KSP +ATM + ddsloader can really be an enigma sometimes.

Still odd, as the visualpack never gave any issue in combination with 1.4. Indeed I hope Cpt. Robua can clarify what changed what gives me this high ram usage :)

OpenGl, it just didn't give me the performance dx11 did (dx11 vidcard).

Linux, i'm pro linux and use/have used it a lot (servers and my laptop). But for my game system, I don't know man, even in dual boot. Got some titles that have no native support and just run bad on Wine compared to W7.

Got everything tied down below 2.77Gb before I needed to reinstall 1.4. KSP +ATM + ddsloader can really be an enigma sometimes.

1.5 and above switched to KopernicusTech, as that fixed a lot of critical bugs. When our mod came out, KopernicusTech didn't support DDS textures so we had to switch to PNG textures. That could've led to bigger RAM usage. We're investigating moving back to DDS with the next update as KopernicusTech now supports that.

Hello everyone I was hoping to get some help here as all my goggling has so far failed to help. I am running ksp (64 bit linux) and I can not get the moons of Sarnus to work properly. When ever I get too close to the moons (close orbit, landing) the textures on the planet pop into a different default texture. Hale turns into a weird bumpy Minmus, Slate turns grey and flat, and Tekto turns into what I think is Laythe. The sizes remain the same, only the textures and hightmaps change.

I have tried many time to install this on a clean copy of ksp .90 following all the directions but I've had no luck, any tips?

That's very weird and it really should not do that (never heard of it happening). My best guess is that it's either related to Linux not interacting with the plugins that this mod uses correctly or that its related to the 64-bit version of Linux not interacting with the plugins that this mod uses. So there are two points of action you can undertake: test the mod on the 32-bit version of Linux and if that doesn't solve it, try it out on the 320bit Windows version of KSP (don't know how possible that is for you).

Oh boy, oh boy, I'm giggling like a little girl!

This might actually push me to dual boot to run Linux 64.

I'm searching the thread here, might be that nobody mentioned or I just couldn't see it due to excitement :), but

a) Is there any delta-v map for this places?

B) Phase angles charts anyone?

Oh man I'm gonna pee myself here. :D

I just noticed that some maps still seem to be flipped in the high res pack, or at least they do not have the same alignment in every case, whereas they do in the main download.

On another note, I merged the latest changes from 64K into the compatibility configs and got around to fixing the reentry issue that users of both DRE and FAR would encounter - aerobraking should actually be survivable now, yay \o/. Big thanks to Borisbee for figuring out the value to change.

As always, things should stay intact but might break nonetheless, so back up at least your save folder before installing this stuff, as I really do not have half as much of a clue as I would like :D

Download

Edited by Tellion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.