[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

I need some help. I accepted a contract to explore Tekto, and as soon as I entered the VAB, all of my contracts were gone. Also, the rings of Sarum and Urlum were not showing.

Mods: TextureReplacer, DMagic Science, InFlightWaypoints, RasterPropMonitor, KAS, KerbinSide, MechJeb, NearFuture Construction Electrical Props and Solar, Planetshine, Procedural Fairings, RLA Stockalike Parts, TweakScale, SCANsat, Anomaly Contracts, UbioWelding, Universal Storage. All mods up to date w/ latest versions.

KSPRC Compatibility

Here's a config for the people asking for compatibility with KSPRC

Includes Tekto and Gas Giant cloud layers

http://imgur.com/a/fJkf3

Important:

These configs will not work if:

• The EVE mod .dlls are out of date
  • The RSS .dll is out of date
  • The Texture Replacer mod is below version 2.2.5 (this breaks the OPM mod if its an old version)
  • Planetshine is out of date

GG! :kiss:

I have a question. I am currently trying to install this mod alongside AVP and am running into some issues. I have the two config files, "Tekto" and "GasGiants", but when I launch the game there are no clouds on any of the new planets. Anyone know what might be going wrong?

Thanks, it was a successful stream. We got up to over 100 viewers, with lots of questions about the OPM.

ShimmytheJJ and DasValdez also stopped by and were impressed with the mod.

Wow, that's a lot. It was a fun stream though, so I'm also not too surprised :D

- - - Updated - - -

I need some help. I accepted a contract to explore Tekto, and as soon as I entered the VAB, all of my contracts were gone. Also, the rings of Sarum and Urlum were not showing.

Mods: TextureReplacer, DMagic Science, InFlightWaypoints, RasterPropMonitor, KAS, KerbinSide, MechJeb, NearFuture Construction Electrical Props and Solar, Planetshine, Procedural Fairings, RLA Stockalike Parts, TweakScale, SCANsat, Anomaly Contracts, UbioWelding, Universal Storage. All mods up to date w/ latest versions.

That seems to be a very rare, pretty random Kopernicus-related bug. I've never been able to replicate it, so I can't really help you fix it.

This still doesn't work with KopernicusTech.

You mean the latest update? Do you know what part is incompatible then?

Do keep in mind that the 1.5 updates were designed around the plugins that they use, KopernicusTech 0.1's Kittopia plugin and the Kopernicus 0.0.4 plugin. That leads to a pretty stable result, which in my mind will do for now. I see nothing in the KopernicusTech updates since 0.1 that really warrant a hotfix. The things that the mod can use, such as DDS support, are all things that are planned for the next update. If it's compatbility with other planet mods you're worried about, the current setup is not really designed for compatiblity. A move to a more modular setup is planned for the next update too, so it'll come then.

EVE 7-2 or EVE Dev? They are not showing on Tekto for me for some reason (at least not at all from orbit like your image).

EVE 7-4 is the most recent version.

Also check that the following files are in the BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures folder:

• detaileve1
  • eve1
  • detail1
  • detail
  • duna1

The files are used by the Tekto config to make the cloud layers. If one of them is missing, the whole config won't work properly.

EVE 7-4 is the most recent version.

Also check that the following files are in the BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures folder:

• detaileve1
  • eve1
  • detail1
  • detail
  • duna1

The files are used by the Tekto config to make the cloud layers. If one of them is missing, the whole config won't work properly.

Hmm, I'm missing detail for some reason...

the file detail.png is in the KSPRC 0.1.9 release.

Thanks Eudae55, apparently I had not fully re-installed KSPRC after all after I had wiped my GameData last! Thought things weren't looking quite right but it wasn't until I compared the BoulderCo folders that I figured out why!

KSPRC Compatibility

Here's a config for the people asking for compatibility with KSPRC

Includes Tekto and Gas Giant cloud layers

http://imgur.com/a/fJkf3

Important:

These configs will not work if:

• The EVE mod .dlls are out of date
  • The RSS .dll is out of date
  • The Texture Replacer mod is below version 2.2.5 (this breaks the OPM mod if its an old version)
  • Planetshine is out of date

can I put those configs anywhere?

can I put those configs anywhere?

I put mine in the OPM folder, but should be fine anywhere I think.

Also, that did it (re-installing the KSPRC BoulderCo stuff). My problem lay between the Chair and the Keyboard this time I guess...doh!

I put mine in the OPM folder, but should be fine anywhere I think.

Also, that did it (re-installing the KSPRC BoulderCo stuff). My problem lay between the Chair and the Keyboard this time I guess...doh!

I just installed ksprc just the EVE/boulderco folders, because I just want only the clouds, but they don't show up on sarnus or any other opm body

they do show up on jool tho

the annoying part is that the auroras are there, but are the only ones I don't want

oh wait, I'm missing the detail1 file too...

But I just downloaded ksprc, shouldn't it be there?

Edited by Sigma88

I just installed ksprc just the EVE/boulderco folders, because I just want only the clouds, but they don't show up on sarnus or any other opm body

they do show up on jool tho

So what I actually did is took the 2 files that Eudae55 provided and merged them together, so I just have 1 file for my OPM cloud layers. I then re-named it to CloudLayers-OPM-KSPRC.cfg and placed it in my OPM folder in GameData (probably not necessary but I did it while troubleshooting and just never reverted). I also renamed the CloudLayers-OPM.cfg (the one that originally came w/OPM) to CloudLayers-OPM.txt, so it didn't get picked up by ModuleManager on load (as Eudae55 re-did the GasGiants anyway).

I'd suggest re-checking your BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures folder and make sure that all the KSPRC textures were merged properly, there are a lot of them (I count 17 PNG files). Also, maybe try to re-name the other CloudLayers-OPM.cfg file. Not exactly sure how .cfg files load in KSP (just never tested myself or read up on it), but one may get precedence over the other (perhaps the last one to load) and the one may be wiping the others' settings at load time. You should know that it's working by auroras on the poles of the Gas Giants.

So what I actually did is took the 2 files that Eudae55 provided and merged them together, so I just have 1 file for my OPM cloud layers. I then re-named it to CloudLayers-OPM-KSPRC.cfg and placed it in my OPM folder in GameData (probably not necessary but I did it while troubleshooting and just never reverted). I also renamed the CloudLayers-OPM.cfg (the one that originally came w/OPM) to CloudLayers-OPM.txt, so it didn't get picked up by ModuleManager on load (as Eudae55 re-did the GasGiants anyway).

I'd suggest re-checking your BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures folder and make sure that all the KSPRC textures were merged properly, there are a lot of them (I count 17 PNG files). Also, maybe try to re-name the other CloudLayers-OPM.cfg file. Not exactly sure how .cfg files load in KSP (just never tested myself or read up on it), but one may get precedence over the other (perhaps the last one to load) and the one may be wiping the others' settings at load time. You should know that it's working by auroras on the poles of the Gas Giants.

Oh wait, So I need to install EVE and then KSPRC?

I thought that KSPRC was taking care of everything...

Because I just extracted the boulder co folder from ksprc archive, so It's impossible I'm missing something from ksprc

-edit-

yeah, found the missing file in the eve archive, loading them now...

-edit-

ok, now it works, I just have to pinpoint what is braking it in my main install

Edited by Sigma88

Oh wait, So I need to install EVE and then KSPRC?

I thought that KSPRC was taking care of everything...

Because I just extracted the boulder co folder from ksprc archive, so It's impossible I'm missing something from ksprc

-edit-

yeah, found the missing file in the eve archive, loading them now...

Yeah, KSPRC only comes with config (.cfg) files that Proot (creator of KSPRC) modified that are required for the look and feel to be right. When installing KSPRC (and others like Better Atmospheres and Astronomers Pack) you usually have to download the pre-requisite mods (EVE, Texture Replacer are usually the required ones) and install them first before it'll work.

You will need to install all of EVE, then KSPRC over the top of it...merging the KSPRC files into the BoulderCo folders.

KSPRC comes bundled with the dlls afaik, so installing KSPRC -> updating dependencies is what you want to do :)

Installing the latest, say PlanetShine, and then copying KSPRC over it will revert to the version that KSPRC came with when it was released.

AVP on the other hand comes with .cfgs and textures only.

KSPRC comes bundled with the dlls afaik, so installing KSPRC -> updating dependencies is what you want to do :)

Installing the latest, say PlanetShine, and then copying KSPRC over it will revert to the version that KSPRC came with when it was released.

AVP on the other hand comes with .cfgs and textures only.

I believe the first release of KSPRC came with just configs as well, but my apologies for the misinformation; KSPRC 1.9 does indeed have the required .dlls, you will just need to update them to most current (RSS, PlanetShine, etc..)

ok I've fixed all the problems (yay)

now I need some help Because I want to add a cloud layer to sarnus, does anyone know how to make the cloud png files?

I have already the design I want, I just need to change it from color to whatever greyscale/white-alpha weird format they use

It's really weird by the way, the gasgiants.cfg works only if it is in the gamedata folder, if I put it in my custom folder (Gamedata\custom) it doesnt

Edited by Sigma88

I had a large problem with this in my last save with this. I found that if you clear our the VAB of any vehicles before accepting contracts it helps, though not 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that's a lot. It was a fun stream though, so I'm also not too surprised :D

- - - Updated - - -

That seems to be a very rare, pretty random Kopernicus-related bug. I've never been able to replicate it, so I can't really help you fix it.

I have a game install that this happens about 80% of the time if your interested.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.