[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

Here's a list of directories in my GameData folder, corresponding (though obviously some mods affect more than one directory, and multiple mods may affect one directory)

000_ToolbarBoulderCo

Chatterer

CommunityResourcePack

CommunityTechTree

CustomAsteroids

Diazo

DistantObject

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

ImpossibleInnovations

KittopiaSpace

Kopernicus

KWRocketry

MechJeb2

NASAmission

Nereid

OpenResourceSystem

OPM

ORSResourcePack

PlanetShine

Regolith

Squad

TacFuelBalancer

TechManager

TreeLoader

TweakScale

WarpPlugin

Diazo is a LandingHeight mod where in 'Surface' mode the altimeter shows the to-surface distance rather than orbital distance. KSPI is in there. Most of the others look somewhat explanatory by the directory name. Let me know if there's any clarification needed on those.

Cheers,

-BS

Here's a list of directories in my GameData folder, corresponding (though obviously some mods affect more than one directory, and multiple mods may affect one directory)

000_ToolbarBoulderCo

Chatterer

CommunityResourcePack

CommunityTechTree

CustomAsteroids

Diazo

DistantObject

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

ImpossibleInnovations

KittopiaSpace

Kopernicus

KWRocketry

MechJeb2

NASAmission

Nereid

OpenResourceSystem

OPM

ORSResourcePack

PlanetShine

Regolith

Squad

TacFuelBalancer

TechManager

TreeLoader

TweakScale

WarpPlugin

Diazo is a LandingHeight mod where in 'Surface' mode the altimeter shows the to-surface distance rather than orbital distance. KSPI is in there. Most of the others look somewhat explanatory by the directory name. Let me know if there's any clarification needed on those.

Cheers,

-BS

For a bug that limits zoom of the map view, I'd look first at mods that touch planets or visuals. On that folder list, that would be Distant Object Enhancement, PlanetShine, and possibly CustomAsteroids.

Just in case, get rid of TreeLoader. The last version where it even partially worked was 0.24.2. If the version of KSPI that you're running doesn't play nice with just TechManager, upgrade to one that does.

I assume that the only thing under "Nereid" is FinalFrontier (tracks individual kerbals' accomplishments?)

For a bug that limits zoom of the map view, I'd look first at mods that touch planets or visuals. On that folder list, that would be Distant Object Enhancement, PlanetShine, and possibly CustomAsteroids.

Just in case, get rid of TreeLoader. The last version where it even partially worked was 0.24.2. If the version of KSPI that you're running doesn't play nice with just TechManager, upgrade to one that does.

I assume that the only thing under "Nereid" is FinalFrontier (tracks individual kerbals' accomplishments?)

Got rid of all the ones mentioned, no dice on the first load. I poked around, a few of those are just added configs and colors for celestial bodies. The CustomAsteroids configs look like they might provide rings or something for some of the planets (was Sarnus supposed to have rings? If so I never saw 'em.)

Yes, Nereid was FinalFrontier. Looks like a bunch of png's for Eeloo.

Upgrade KSPI or TechManager? I have the newest enhancments/fixes to KSPI - someone released a patch version (Boris, I think) recently that cleared up some issues I had with that one. TechManager was likely installed as part of some other mod. Looks like both ImpossibleInnovations and Boris's KSPI have a TechManager.dll in them, I'm not sure which one is being used. One probably overwrote the other during installation, since they're the same file in the same relative directory. Perhaps getting the newest TechManager as a standalone is in order.

Hmmm....

Cheers,

-BS

CustomAsteroids allows asteroids to spawn in other places than near Kerbin. KittopiaSpace is the folder with the mod that adds rings. Which really should work, which leads me to believe your installation (of OPM) is messed up somehow. What OS are you using and are you running the 32 or 64-bit version of KSP?

Got rid of all the ones mentioned, no dice on the first load. I poked around, a few of those are just added configs and colors for celestial bodies. The CustomAsteroids configs look like they might provide rings or something for some of the planets (was Sarnus supposed to have rings? If so I never saw 'em.)

Yes, Nereid was FinalFrontier. Looks like a bunch of png's for Eeloo.

Upgrade KSPI or TechManager? I have the newest enhancments/fixes to KSPI - someone released a patch version (Boris, I think) recently that cleared up some issues I had with that one. TechManager was likely installed as part of some other mod. Looks like both ImpossibleInnovations and Boris's KSPI have a TechManager.dll in them, I'm not sure which one is being used. One probably overwrote the other during installation, since they're the same file in the same relative directory. Perhaps getting the newest TechManager as a standalone is in order.

Hmmm....

Cheers,

-BS

What does the warp plugin do?

The much awaited 1.5.5 is finally here. It might be an intermediate release, but don't let the versions fool you as it's an update with a lot of content and improvements.

Downloads

FRO6RIX.png WhwiS8Y.png

Installation note: If you're updating the mod, please do not overwrite the old version with the new one but delete it instead. This can prevent issues, as incompatible changes can be made between versions. A new save game for career mode is also recommended

Here are some of the more noteworthy changes of the update:

-Updated to the latest version of KopernicusTech 0.121 and moved the new planets and moons out of Systems.cfg and into their own config files for increased modularity. What this means is that OPM is now compatible with other planet packs and that you can remove individual moons or planets from OPM for whatever reason

-Switched back to DDS textures and made some textures smaller (gas giants, small moons) as their high resolutions only increased memory use and didn't improve the in-game quality much. Both changes should lead to lower memory use

-Fixed Tekto's ScaledSpace ocean not matching the real ocean and tweaked the color a bit

-The Sarnus texture has been given Saturn-like polar hexagons

-Ovok has been made more egg-shaped and several body characteristics have been changed to account for the new shape. The Ovok biome map and the science descriptions have been changed to reflect the changes to Ovok

-Changed the distances of Eeloo, Slate and Tekto to be more similar to the relative distances in the Saturn system. This makes getting around the Sarnus system a little easier too. Getting there is already hard enough

-Added biomes and science descriptions to Tekto

-Removed AVP configs and moved them to a separate download in the forum thread OP

-Reduced the temperature multiplier for OPMs gas giants to prevent issues with DRE/FAR

A full changelog (as well as more info) is in the first post of the forum thread. There you can also find configs for AVP and KSPRC. To install those you just need to install OPM and your visual enhancing mod first and then install the config.

We also did a lot of testing and came to the conclusion that:

-The latest version of Kerbal Engineer Redux no longer seems to conflict with OPM

-Science collection in the atmosphere of the gas giants seems to no longer be buggy

The mod shouldn't break savegames, although you might need to do some effort. The changed Ovok biomes won't pose any problems for your career mode, but the changes to Ovok can result in your craft becoming stuck under the terrain. If you have anything non-expendable on Ovok move it off of the moon and into a Sarnus orbit for the time being.

Here are some screenshots showing off the more visual changes that 1.5.5 brings to the table:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

What does the warp plugin do?

WarpPlugin is KSP Interstellar's GameData directory.

- - - Updated - - -

The much awaited 1.5.5 is finally here. It might be an intermediate release, but don't let the versions fool you as it's an update with a lot of content and improvements.

Downloads

http://i.imgur.com/FRO6RIX.png http://i.imgur.com/WhwiS8Y.png

Installation note: If you're updating the mod, please do not overwrite the old version with the new one but delete it instead. This can prevent issues, as incompatible changes can be made between versions. A new save game for career mode is also recommended

Here are some of the more noteworthy changes of the update:

-Updated to the latest version of KopernicusTech 0.121 and moved the new planets and moons out of Systems.cfg and into their own config files for increased modularity. What this means is that OPM is now compatible with other planet packs and that you can remove individual moons or planets from OPM for whatever reason

-Switched back to DDS textures and made some textures smaller (gas giants, small moons) as their high resolutions only increased memory use and didn't improve the in-game quality much. Both changes should lead to lower memory use

-Fixed Tekto's ScaledSpace ocean not matching the real ocean and tweaked the color a bit

-The Sarnus texture has been given Saturn-like polar hexagons

-Ovok has been made more egg-shaped and several body characteristics have been changed to account for the new shape. The Ovok biome map and the science descriptions have been changed to reflect the changes to Ovok

-Changed the distances of Eeloo, Slate and Tekto to be more similar to the relative distances in the Saturn system. This makes getting around the Sarnus system a little easier too. Getting there is already hard enough

-Added biomes and science descriptions to Tekto

-Removed AVP configs and moved them to a separate download in the forum thread OP

-Reduced the temperature multiplier for OPMs gas giants to prevent issues with DRE/FAR

A full changelog (as well as more info) is in the first post of the forum thread. There you can also find configs for AVP and KSPRC. To install those you just need to install OPM and your visual enhancing mod first and then install the config.

We also did a lot of testing and came to the conclusion that:

-The latest version of Kerbal Engineer Redux no longer seems to conflict with OPM

-Science collection in the atmosphere of the gas giants seems to no longer be buggy

The mod shouldn't break savegames, although you might need to do some effort. The changed Ovok biomes won't pose any problems for your career mode, but the changes to Ovok can result in your craft becoming stuck under the terrain. If you have anything non-expendable on Ovok move it off of the moon and into a Sarnus orbit for the time being.

Here are some screenshots showing off the more visual changes that 1.5.5 brings to the table:

http://imgur.com/a/eeiCC

Ooh looks fun!

You know, I could make a ModuleManager config for those who use planet packs such as Terrestrial Planets, Porp, and Trans-Keptunian that move other planet packs out further for compatibility.

As a matter of fact, I already have. If you want to use it in OPM I'd be glad to share it.

Edited by _Augustus_

Thanks.

The AVP and KSPRC configs are now in the OP for those interested. More such configs will be added later (I'll put fan ones up too, once they're confirmed compatible with 1.5.5). The low and high res texture packs can also be found there as well.

The next update will add four new moons to Urlum. They're very awesome and already very far in development, so if everything goes well you won't have to wait on 1.6 for very long.

Thanks.

The AVP and KSPRC configs are now in the OP for those interested. More such configs will be added later (I'll put fan ones up too, once they're confirmed compatible with 1.5.5). The low and high res texture packs can also be found there as well.

The next update will add four new moons to Urlum. They're very awesome and already very far in development, so if everything goes well you won't have to wait on 1.6 for very long.

Will you add my patch configs too?

Also, what do you mean not very long? Do you mean it will come out today? Tomorrow? This week?

Wow, that didn't take as long as I expected, I also love the changes made to both Tekto and Ovok. Would I be right in thinking that the Sarnus system is now pretty much finished, excluding tweaks and slight changes?

Sarnus is now indeed pretty much finished, bar the occasional tweak.

Stuff sinks in Tekto's oceans, intended?

It should work the same as Laythe's ocean. Could be a bug or just something caused by incompatibility with another mod. Do you have BetterBuoyance installed by any chance?

BetterBuoyance

Thats something I'd pay to see :) (Sorry, I just had to)

As for actual content for this post, I'd love to see an official config for Astronomers Edge of Oblivion, a lot of people still use it on heavy modded games due to its significantly lower RAM usage (and IMHO similar effects to interstellar).

I love the added depth this mod adds and its rapidly becoming a core 'must have' in my collection. I cant wait for a x64 config to come out and I'll be all over it (yes Im looking at you Tellion!!) :)

"Installation note: If you're updating the mod, please do not overwrite the old version with the new one but delete it instead. This can prevent issues, as incompatible changes can be made between versions. A new save game for career mode is also recommended"

So just delete the OPM folder or EVERYTHING in the release?

"Installation note: If you're updating the mod, please do not overwrite the old version with the new one but delete it instead. This can prevent issues, as incompatible changes can be made between versions. A new save game for career mode is also recommended"

So just delete the OPM folder or EVERYTHING in the release?

Re-install KopernicusTech and all your planet packs and then install OPM and everything should overwrite itself properly.

Re-install KopernicusTech and all your planet packs and then install OPM and everything should overwrite itself properly.

Thanks for the fast reply. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I just can't seem to get things working now with the new release. I never installed KopernicusTech in the first place, only OPM. Then I added OP+...I've tried several combinations (including finding and installing KopernicusTech first) but I always end up with just the stock planets.

Just adding OPM1.5.2 then OP+1.6 after that the first time worked and gave me all the extra planets and moons, but updgrading to this new release just isn't working the same. I'll keep trying though.

(EDIT) I forgot, I did follow all the directions in post #689 with regards to AVP and getting this to work with 1.5.2....I'll start over with that I suppose and see how that goes.

Edited by Eleven

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.