[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

CaptRobau,

Heads up, I've submitted this pull request (and it's been merged) that allows Kopernicus Body nodes to specify a cacheFile property, which is a GameData relative path to the PQS cache file.

So you should be able to do...

Body
{
name = Sarnus
cacheFile = OPM/KopernicusCache/Sarnus.bin
}

...and distribute the cache files inside the OPM folder. This should be in the next version (after 0.0.7) of Kopernicus. This should make the entire OPM installation a single folder. :)

CaptRobau,

Heads up, I've submitted this pull request (and it's been merged) that allows Kopernicus Body nodes to specify a cacheFile property, which is a GameData relative path to the PQS cache file.

So you should be able to do...

Body
{
name = Sarnus
cacheFile = OPM/KopernicusCache/Sarnus.bin
}

...and distribute the cache files inside the OPM folder. This should be in the next version (after 0.0.7) of Kopernicus. This should make the entire OPM installation a single folder. :)

Nice! Love this idea!

Yeah I did some testing, things work fine with NH and K+ with your version of kopernicus. I'm not releasing it yet through, need to make sure there's no issues
Hm, very interesting, any progress on that? (still reading through thread tbh)

Compatibilty is very easy TBH, and is already waiting for all packs (including mine) to update to a unifying version of Kopernicus. When we are on the same versions, compatibility will be readily available, don't worry

I think you are using an old version of planetshine, the new planetshine node looks like this:

[B][COLOR=#ff0000]PlanetshineCelestialBody[/COLOR][/B]

yours looks like the old version

[COLOR=#ff0000][B]CelestialBodyColor[/B][/COLOR]

My version of PlanetShine was latest; maybe that's the clouds submod that installed old format of PlanetShine .cfg into PlanetShine dir?... I'm not sure. Anyway, I replaced all occurrences of it in all the files (there were three different ones IIRC) and all went good. Thanks.

My version of PlanetShine was latest; maybe that's the clouds submod that installed old format of PlanetShine .cfg into PlanetShine dir?... I'm not sure. Anyway, I replaced all occurrences of it in all the files (there were three different ones IIRC) and all went good. Thanks.

I don't think the cloud pack has anything planetshine related

Are you using one of my opm expansions? That could explain the different colors, but only if you installed an old version since now the planetshine configs are in a different folder

I think I've found a PQS bug, but maybe is a Planet Shine bug, I have never had this bug before!

This is after Revert to Launch from the Slate Anomaly (That can be fixed in future versions, I found strange that thing floating 1Km above the ground)

SRAqGsA.png

Zooming in you can see the Kerbin Terrain PQS intersecting the Water one

HNc79z6.png

This is the second time I've reverted (Interestellar Miller's planet is Kerbin!)

RcMTMcM.png

On this close up view you can see that the waves are about 10 Km in height!

9RvnACH.png

2uIugPJ.png

Here's the part of the Ksp.log file when the bug started :

[WRN 15:41:37.784] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From FLIGHT to FLIGHT =====================
[WRN 15:41:37.805] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Plock'
[WRN 15:41:37.825] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Tal'
[WRN 15:41:37.843] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Wal'
[WRN 15:41:37.862] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Priax'
[WRN 15:41:37.880] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Polta'
[WRN 15:41:37.899] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Tekto'
[WRN 15:41:37.918] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Slate'
[WRN 15:41:37.954] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Ovok'
[WRN 15:41:37.973] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Hale'
[LOG 15:41:38.917] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin
[EXC 15:41:38.935] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
PlanetShine.Gui.OnDestroy ()

And the full log if the bug is something else : Ksp.log

Edited by Overlocker

I don't think the cloud pack has anything planetshine related

Are you using one of my opm expansions? That could explain the different colors, but only if you installed an old version since now the planetshine configs are in a different folder

Yes I do. I can reinstall all related stuff. Will report later.

This mod pictures is Outstanding. I've downloaded it successfully and transfered the unzipped folder into my game data folder in my KSP version 1.0.2. Strangely, the outer planets does not appear on my map view or the tracking station. Could you please notify me what this problem is and how it can be fixed?

Thanks

This mod pictures is Outstanding. I've downloaded it successfully and transfered the unzipped folder into my game data folder in my KSP version 1.0.2. Strangely, the outer planets does not appear on my map view or the tracking station. Could you please notify me what this problem is and how it can be fixed?

Thanks

can you provide a screenshot of your GameData folder? this may help :)

some of the problems you may have stubled upon:

1- wrong installation (you did not merge the GameData folder from the archive with the one in your KSP directory)

2- you may be using another planet pack which is incompatible with OPM

3- if you have installed some clouds mod you may have messed up something (unlikely)

Edited by Sigma88

Here is the screenshot of my Game Data folder for KSP version 1.0.2

Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 11.24.57

Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 11.30.46

Please direct me which folders to merge into and where the merged file sould be placed in the KSP Game Data directory folder.

Thanks

I can't see your screens sorry

basically to install OPM you need to:

locate the GameData folder (it's inside the KSP installation folder)

usually you should have something like this:

C:\Program Files\....\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\...

(it may vary depending on which operating system you use)

if you look at the OPM archive you will find this:

Outer_Planets_Mod-1.7_Beta_2.zip\OPM\...

Outer_Planets_Mod-1.7_Beta_2.zip\Kopernicus\...

you need to put the Folders you find inside the archive inside the GameData folder you already have in C:\Program Files\....\Kerbal Space Program\

so you should have something like:

C:\Program Files\....\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kopernicus

C:\Program Files\....\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\OPM

C:\Program Files\....\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad

make sure you don't have multiple copies of ModuleManager...dll (if you have more than one choose the one with the latest version and delete the others)

Edited by Sigma88

I can't see your screens sorry

basically to install OPM you need to:

locate the GameData folder (it's inside the KSP installation folder)

usually you should have something........)

All folders have been merged and moved into folders as specified, however, it still refuses to appear on my tracking station or map view. Is there anything in the downloaded mod folder that has to be merged and moved seperately into the Game Data folder?

Here is another screenshot of the mod folder itself (due to the 100,000 limit, the screenshot is in the next message down the page).

- - - Updated - - -

j lhOcqzyIXjQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I have had some "weird" behavior with this mod. Like quantum mechanics weird. Sometimes it'll load, sometimes it'll glitch out the clouds. Other times it won't run until I re-install the KSP_Data file and empty my GameData. And it's random that these problems occur too. Is this a Kopernicus problem or a this mod problem? And is anybody else experiencing it? With my crash rate it's kind important I can load it back up quickly.

To answer such a question you would need to give more details about your computer specs and the mods you have installed, and if you are using OpenGL to launch your modded KSP. At least on my desktop system, which I built myself with top notch pc hardware, KSP is working fine with a hole bunch of the most popular mods and tools and I am using OPM with all texture packs imaginable. My KSP never goes over 3GB of memory ram and it is very stable. I rarely have any CTD and do not have memory leaks except for the known bug in KSP v1.02 related with memory leaks during atmosphere entry heat. So I can assure you it is not this mod.

Hrmmm.. read the Beta 2 notes that the black-bug had been fixed for Moho.

Just ran a probe out to Moho and still getting this bug.

will post some screenshots shortly if needed

It's not fixed for moho since it's a kopernicus bug. It's fixed for the moons added by OPM which use Moho as a template.

The temporary fix consists in changing the template from Moho to something else so the moons (eg: Wal) are not affected by the bug, anyway now kopernicus solved the bug so when the OPM team release the new OPM patch it should have everything fixed properly

It's not fixed for moho since it's a kopernicus bug. It's fixed for the moons added by OPM which use Moho as a template.

The temporary fix consists in changing the template from Moho to something else so the moons (eg: Wal) are not affected by the bug, anyway now kopernicus solved the bug so when the OPM team release the new OPM patch it should have everything fixed properly

Gotcha! Misread the patch notes :) my fault.

I cant seem to get this to load up on the game. I am guessing that its how I'm installing the mod so if anyone can help with this that would be great. I am asking for where I need to put folders in the game files themselves. Thanks.

Using Kopernicus 0.0.7 does eliminate the black body bug on moho, however Tekto still exhibits it. Furthermore, deleting Tekto's .bin file will cause the game to display a blank screen when it starts (removing any ​other .bin file has no such effects) . The bin file can seemingly not be regenerated by adding exportBin = True in a debug node for tekto either. Oh, and playing on a 6.4x rescale for stock and opm bodies, though I don't believe that matters.

Using Kopernicus 0.0.7 does eliminate the black body bug on moho, however Tekto still exhibits it. Furthermore, deleting Tekto's .bin file will cause the game to display a blank screen when it starts (removing any ​other .bin file has no such effects) . The bin file can seemingly not be regenerated by adding exportBin = True in a debug node for tekto either. Oh, and playing on a 6.4x rescale for stock and opm bodies, though I don't believe that matters.

Untill OPM will be updated to use kopernicus 0.0.7 I think it's better to use version 0.0.6

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.