[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

no its not, trans keptunian uses kopernicusTECH, please remember that mod is not compatible with kopernicus

If I understand corectly, current version of Trans-keptunian (v0.4) uses Kopernicus 0.0.7, not kopernicustech? Or am I not getting this right?

Well, they seems to be working nice.

Also, any chance on Plock getting some love soon? Being rescaled Vall, it looks kinda... off, especially with Trans-Keptunian installed.

I'm sure when Capt and Eudae will get to Plock they will do an excellent job, in the meantime if you are using Trans-Keptunian I'd say you could remove Plock and keep Putto as the main "pluto-analogue". Alternatively you could try to look at my Pluron-Khato, but keep in mind that the aesthetics may not be at the same level than OPM's.

How do I download Kopernicus? I cannot find the link on that Github page.

EDIT: Scratch that, I found the releases page. But you might want to update link to the OP - https://github.com/BryceSchroeder/Kopernicus/releases

Updated.

I'm sure when Capt and Eudae will get to Plock they will do an excellent job, in the meantime if you are using Trans-Keptunian I'd say you could remove Plock and keep Putto as the main "pluto-analogue". Alternatively you could try to look at my Pluron-Khato, but keep in mind that the aesthetics may not be at the same level than OPM's.

Just added this to the FAQ:

First we want to work on Neidon's moons, which gives New Horizons time to close in on the actual Pluto and give us a glimpse of its features. Once Neidon is done we'll move on to Plock. It will get a moon based on Charon, although perfectly simulating their strange orbital relationship won't be possible in KSP. Don't worry however, we'll make the Plock system feel unique.

- - - Updated - - -

Really glad to see the new version of this awesome mod, but now the Mun seems to have the wrong normal map when seen from a distance or in map view. Instead of craters, it has small mountain ranges and dry river beds. The color seems correct, it's just the elevation that's wrong.

I'll check it out.

Don't worry however, we'll make the Plock system feel unique.

Never doubted you guys for a second :)

I got into the habit of answering those kind of questions while you were on vacation, it wasn't my intention to bypass you :P

Edited by Sigma88

Hi everyone, I am not sure whether I missed something but to me My precious and by far my favourite moon Tekto still has a very dark texture up close, it is different then the issue on 1.7 beta 2 cause when I land now the terrain in distance is visible with less darker texture but the area around my landing spots is as dark as on the beta 2 vs.

Any advice? I use the latest Kopernikus, trans-keptunian and sigma88 Pluto-Charon inspired mod which by the way work like a charm now with OPM 1.7. Ironically my favourite (I know I am repeating myself) moon doesn't .

Any advice? I use the latest Kopernikus, trans-keptunian and sigma88 Pluto-Charon inspired mod which by the way work like a charm now with OPM 1.7. Ironically my favourite (I know I am repeating myself) moon doesn't .

Thanks for the kind words sir :)

Eve tho I can't help you on your problem I can rule out my expansions from the list of the suspects, it's not much but you need to start from somewhere :D

Edited by Sigma88
grammar

Hi everyone, I am not sure whether I missed something but to me My precious and by far my favourite moon Tekto still has a very dark texture up close, it is different then the issue on 1.7 beta 2 cause when I land now the terrain in distance is visible with less darker texture but the area around my landing spots is as dark as on the beta 2 vs.

Screenshot please. 1.7 Release Tekto is darker than 1.6.5 Tekto, but playable unlike 1.7 Beta Tekto

Does the now required OPM+Kopernicus take more space than just old OPM? Also, I forgot what folders did older OPM include so now I don't know what to delete.

What's old OPM for you? 1.7 Beta 1/2 or 1.6.5?

Also RAM or hard drive space?

1.7 Beta 2 folders were Kopernicus, OPM and TextureReplacer

1.6.5 folder were CustomAsteroids, DDSLoader, KittopiaSpace, Kopernicus, Nereid, OPM, PlanetShine, TextureReplacer

What's old OPM for you? 1.7 Beta 1/2 or 1.6.5?

Also RAM or hard drive space?

1.7 Beta 2 folders were Kopernicus, OPM and TextureReplacer

1.6.5 folder were CustomAsteroids, DDSLoader, KittopiaSpace, Kopernicus, Nereid, OPM, PlanetShine, TextureReplacer

OK, thx, I had 1.6.5.

One or another... I'm walking on the thin line of KSP crashing due to lack of RAM. :D

It seems it will be fine now. My GameData folder is at 630 MB. It usually crashes above 650.

I have a few issues with the new release. The rings seem to cover clouds, like the clouds don't show through the rings so it looks strange and Ovok looks like a stretched grey minmus?

Screenshot of the rings please. And Ovok is supposed to look that way, temporarily until I can get it fixed. It's mentioned in the known issues section.

Yeah, that's definitely Kerbin's height map/normal. 1.7 Release however requires Kopernicus to be downloaded separately. This means that OPM is in no way connected to the appearance of the Mun. This means its a Kopernicus issue or a bad installation.

OK, thx, I had 1.6.5.

One or another... I'm walking on the thin line of KSP crashing due to lack of RAM. :D

It seems it will be fine now. My GameData folder is at 630 MB. It usually crashes above 650.

Should be equal or better, since Kopernicus 0.0.9 is miles ahead of the one that 1.6.5 used.

Yeah, that's definitely Kerbin's height map/normal. 1.7 Release however requires Kopernicus to be downloaded separately. This means that OPM is in no way connected to the appearance of the Mun. This means its a Kopernicus issue or a bad installation.

Okay, thanks! Reported this in Kopernicus thread.

Screenshot of the rings please. And Ovok is supposed to look that way, temporarily until I can get it fixed. It's mentioned in the known issues section.

Here, I have the Sigma recolor installed since I wanted to see if the same thing happened on that too, which it did. The same bug with the rings happens even with the original color. Also, is that a bug with the new version only with Ovok? It looked normal in 1.7 BETA 2.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

That seems to be cloud related, so I suggest you take it up with Eleusis who made that mod for OPM. I can imagine things are going to be going wrong since EVE, upon which the cloud mods are based, is so out-of-date these days.

Ovok used to have an old egg-shaped ScaledSpace version in beta, but the terrain always looked Minmus like during the beta phase. If you never visited it, it was easy to miss. Changed it because until it's fixed, it's just more player friendly for the map and terrain view to match.

When EVE is out-of-date and Kopernicus is heavily developed atm, I'd call EVE the culprit. The Kopernicus devs can't be held to blame for their mod not working with something that isn't really designed for 1.0.2 as they are.

Screenshot please. 1.7 Release Tekto is darker than 1.6.5 Tekto, but playable unlike 1.7 Beta Tekto

I will provide you with a screenshot asap, sorry I can't managed it in this post but I just arrived from a party :D, I am not even sure whether this is directly related to the OMP I took this as the first possibility because the error existed in the previous vs of OMP as you mentioned in the description as well.

Updated!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the kind words sir :)

Eve tho I can't help you on your problem I can rule out my expansions from the list of the suspects, it's not much but you need to start from somewhere :D

I didn't thought actually that it has anything to do with it :D the mod works just fine and I didn't saw any texture issues

Edited by Fuel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.