[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

That bug should have been fixed in kopernicus, are you running any other mods?

Remote tec

Tran keptunian

Minor bodies

TAC

Procedural parts

Dmagic science

Nova Punch

OKS/MKS+ other Umbri inudtsry mods

Contract config:

Tourism contracts

Remote tec contracts

SETI Contracts

Could be a problem with the trans keptunian pack and minor bodies as that's kopernicusTECH, isn't it? KopernicusTech haD the issue of dissapearing contracts that got fixed with stand alone kipernicus

Your right, i lose track with all these planet editors.

Hey, I have a question about installation. I've looked but I can't seem to find an answer so I figured I would post it here. So I dropped it into the gamedata folder (kerbalspaceprogram/gamedata/) and I can't get it to run. Are there any dependencies that I need to have (it has kopernicus and such bundled in, but do I need anything else?). I'm running 32bit and 1.02. Is there anything I should look into to try and troubleshoot this?

Thanks.

Hey, I have a question about installation. I've looked but I can't seem to find an answer so I figured I would post it here. So I dropped it into the gamedata folder (kerbalspaceprogram/gamedata/) and I can't get it to run. Are there any dependencies that I need to have (it has kopernicus and such bundled in, but do I need anything else?). I'm running 32bit and 1.02. Is there anything I should look into to try and troubleshoot this?

Thanks.

No dependencies. Just put the folders in the zip into your GameData folder. That should be enough. It could be that older versions of the mod are interfering or that there's some incompatibility with another mod. A screenshot of your GameData would help.

No dependencies. Just put the folders in the zip into your GameData folder. That should be enough. It could be that older versions of the mod are interfering or that there's some incompatibility with another mod. A screenshot of your GameData would help.

Here's a screenshot: http://imgur.com/ue1a8i4

I removed the Sigma folder to check if OPM+ was the problem, it doesn't seem to be. Just to be sure, the way I'm checking if it works is to open a sandbox save, go to the tracking station and zooming out. I'm running OPM 1.7 as far as I can tell. My next step is probably to remove this and try another planet mod to see if it's all planet mods or just this one.

Thanks!

Edit: It definitely looks like a problem with environmental visual enhancements. When the Boulder Co folder is in gamedata it doesn't display the planets. I'll try updating that and see what happens.

Edited by Billyfred

I remember there being issues with that. Have you installed any third-party cloud packs for OPM?

Yes, I have KSRP, so that's probably what was doing it. I cleared the ActiveTextureManagement folder from there, and I think that fixed it. There's probably a few other changes I made without realizing it too.

Another quick question: I installed the Urlum tilt mod, and I'm getting a white ring for the polar rings, but the equatorial rings display fine. Do you have any idea what might be doing that, is there a file I should delete to try and clear the equatorial rings?

Thanks for the help.

Another quick question: I installed the Urlum tilt mod, and I'm getting a white ring for the polar rings, but the equatorial rings display fine. Do you have any idea what might be doing that, is there a file I should delete to try and clear the equatorial rings?

Thanks for the help.

I'll check on that

I'll PM you with more info

Beta #2 for 1.7

The Kopernicus devs are hard at work at a 0.0.7 pre-release. We don't know how much time it'll take, but there was already enough playability/stability enhancing stuff added to warrant a second beta release, even if means another beta version close after that because Kopernicus 0.0.7 came out and helped us improve even more.

FRO6RIX.png WhwiS8Y.png

So what are the big changes:

Wal is playable

Moho still suffers from the black terrain bug, but Wal no longer does because I changed the template to Dres. It won't look exactly the same as in 1.6.5, but it's close enough and at least it's playable.

The atmospheres are playable

They're not perfect as we want them yet, but at least Sarnus, Urlum, Neidon and Tekto's atmosphere are no longer ripping your ships apart the moment you enter the atmosphere.

Since this is a beta, there are still some things that need fixing. Here are the known issues:

-Tekto, Moho's and terrain turn dark or completely black up close (the Kopernicus team is fixing this)

-The atmosphere's of the gas giants and Tekto are not perfect yet. They're playable, but they're not yet as fine-tuned as the stock atmospheres of Kerbin, Jool, etc.

-Ovok doesn't look as smooth as before (requires a Kopernicus PQSMod that is being worked by someone else)

Full changelog:

-Added about a dozen extra science descriptions to Urlum's moons
-Fixed a description that was about Priax, but was listed for Wal
-Corrected the spelling in Neidon's description as well as a science description for Polta
-Moved Eeloo's ribbons and config info into the OPM/Ribbons folder and removed the Nereid folder
-Removed the useless svn files and folders from the Ribbons folder
-Fixed a compatibility problem with ATM through a config/moving the ring textures to a separate folder
-Converted the ring textures to DDS format
-Renamed the configs in the OPM folder for clarity's sake
-Changed a value in the antenna distance config to account for a change in RemoteTech
-Moved the PlanetShine config into the OPM folder and removed the PlanetShine folder
-Added Tal to the PlanetShine config
-Updated the ModuleManager plugin to version 2.6.3
-Fixed Priax's biome definitions not matching the actual biome map
-Tweaked the atmospheres in OPM to make them work better and to make them more unique from one another
-Temporarily made Dres the template for Wal instead of Moho, to prevent the black body bug

Good to see another beta release! Finally I can get a view if Tal from Wal's surface! It's also nice being able to visit Tekto properly again ;)Shame that the issue with Ovok is still yet to be fixed - I wish you/anyone involved the best of luck in resolving it quickly :)

EDIT: I've just noticed the new banner in your signature - nice work! It helps remind me how much content has been added by the mod!

Edited by hazard-ish

BTW CaptRobau, you can also move the TextureReplacer/TextureReplacerOPM.cfg file into the OPM directory as TextureReplacer will also read it from anywhere in GameData (tested it myself).

Good to see another beta release! Finally I can get a view if Tal from Wal's surface! It's also nice being able to visit Tekto properly again ;)Shame that the issue with Ovok is still yet to be fixed - I wish you/anyone involved the best of luck in resolving it quickly :)

EDIT: I've just noticed the new banner in your signature - nice work! It helps remind me how much content has been added by the mod!

Do keep in mind that Tekto's surface still darkens when you get real close. It's not as bad as Wal, but it's still no picnic landing there. Be prepared and pack an extra precaution or two to prevent accidents due to bad visibility.

BTW CaptRobau, you can also move the TextureReplacer/TextureReplacerOPM.cfg file into the OPM directory as TextureReplacer will also read it from anywhere in GameData (tested it myself).

Thanks, I'll do that.

I can't install the latest update via ckan. It says there is a conflict with Kopernicus Tech http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/109122

I don't recall installing KT, so I am assuming it was installed as a dependency. I did not recieve this error, and had both installed prior to your newest release.

Here are the ckan error details

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

The following inconsistencies were found:

KopernicusTech conflicts with OuterPlanetsMod. at CKAN.SanityChecker.EnforceConsistency(IEnumerable`1 modules, IEnumerable`1 dlls)

at CKAN.RelationshipResolver..ctor(ICollection`1 modules, RelationshipResolverOptions options, Registry registry, KSPVersion kspversion)

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Upgrade(IEnumerable`1 identifiers, NetAsyncDownloader netAsyncDownloader)

at CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18063 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

ckan

Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Thor/Desktop/ckan.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18047 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18021 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18044 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18060 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Microsoft.GeneratedCode

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Microsoft.CSharp

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll

System.Numerics

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

System.Dynamic

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll

Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly

Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18063 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll

System.Transactions

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll

System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll

System.Runtime.Serialization

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18055 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll

System.Xml.Linq

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

System.Data

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18047 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

System.EnterpriseServices

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I can't install the latest update via ckan. It says there is a conflict with Kopernicus Tech http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/109122

This is correct, OuterPlanetsMod provides its own version of Kopernicus, which is used by CKAN. CKAN will continue to use the Kopernicus provided with OuterPlanetsMod until such time as there's a standalone release of Kopernicus compatible with it. Remove KopernicusTech if you want to install OuterPlanetsMod.

I don't recall installing KT, so I am assuming it was installed as a dependency. I did not recieve this error, and had both installed prior to your newest release.

Opm does not use KT so that is why there are problems installing it. So you can't install it from CKAN :(

Opm does not use KT so that is why there are problems installing it. So you can't install it from CKAN :(

You can, but you have to uninstall KopernicusTech. There's a legitimate conflict there, which is why CKAN balks.

Should be no problem. 1.0.2 is targeted because it's the latest, but there aren't major changes to how the game functions to preclude it working on 1.0 as far as I'm aware. Do note that only the 1.7 beta's (1 and 2) are for 1.0+. The last full release, 1.6.5, only works on 0.90. That being said, 1.7 Beta 2 is very playable, it just has a few minor bugs left so it's not yet 'full' release quality.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.