[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

All PNG textures in the folders beneath the KopernicusConfig folders need to be PNG. The Kopernicus devs explained that those textures don't actually benefit from the DDS format, because they're used by the engine differently. Maybe they even forced it (causing the missing planets in your story) to make sure no-one is unnecessarily using DDS for those textures.

That certainly explains why a couple of the DDS converters I've found have OPM excluded in the cfg files :)

It's good to know, I'll stop trying to find a way to convert those now!

That won't work either. The DLL is compiled for 1.0. There are older 0.90 compatible versions of that Kopernicus plugin, but they have only half the features and fixes that this version has. I doubt it'd be very stable platform to experience OPM on.

Can someone give me a rough estimate for the RAM usage of this plugin I'd like to use it but don't know if I have the overhead with my other mods

A quick test gets me these numbers with half res textures:

Stock: 1330 MB

OPM: 1545 MB

That's 215 MB extra due to OPM. Higher texture settings will cause bigger differences I imagine.

I guess I need to update my Orbit Calculator mod to support moons of moons :). Might as well have it do a recursive search for all the celestial bodies in case anyone decides to do moons of moons of moons, or even beyond that... crazy moon-ception.

I recommend a completely clean install in terms of Kopernicus mods. Remove OPM, Kerbol+, etc. Then reinstall OPM. This way you prevent conflicting versions of let's say the Kopernicus DLL. If that's not it, I recommend a fully clean install in terms of mods, to determine if it's incompatibility with some other mod. If that still doesn't work, see if it works when you run KSP fully standard. Maybe a setting like force OpenGL can be the cause.

It's not the templates on their own, that I can tell you. Kopernicus was designed to work that way, even with 1.0. The devs have stated there was no need to redo template bodies if you were already happy with them. With the fixing of the contract disappearance bug, I was. If it didn't work, no-one (including me) would be able to get it to work.

Nope. CustomAsteroids is immensely outdated. It didn't fully work in 0.90 and with the complexity of 1.0 I can't use extra sources of guaranteed bug reports. No doubt someone will make a custom asteroids mod for 1.0+ some day. When they do and it works fine, I'll add back asteroids.

Thanks!

All PNG textures in the folders beneath the KopernicusConfig folders need to be PNG. The Kopernicus devs explained that those textures don't actually benefit from the DDS format, because they're used by the engine differently. Maybe they even forced it (causing the missing planets in your story) to make sure no-one is unnecessarily using DDS for those textures.

Are you running it on KSP 1.0.2?

Could you post a screenshot of your GameData folder?

I'm not on OpenGL. I overwrote the Kopernicus DLL and removed Kerbol+ when I installed this.

Thanks for your awesome work. I seems to work like a breeze with my 1.0 stock install now that overall memory use has been paired down by Squad. Since mining is pretty much essential to get to the outer planets and back on stock engines, I'm looking forward to trying out the resource system out there.

I'm not on OpenGL. I overwrote the Kopernicus DLL and removed Kerbol+ when I installed this.

That is strange. I can only recommend a truly fresh install of KSP 1.0 + a new download of 1.7 Beta 1 at this stage. Don't know how else to possibly fix this for you.

I'm using 0.90 version on a 0.90 install of KSP 32x

Im getting a problem with contracts setting. Is there any way around this?

this was a known problem which was solved with the update to the new kopernicus, so I don't think there's a way around it if you want to stick to 0.9

this was a known problem which was solved with the update to the new kopernicus, so I don't think there's a way around it if you want to stick to 0.9

Can I just instal the new versions of kopernicus over the old?

So I'm working on cleaning up the CKAN metadata for Outer Planets Mod and one of the sticking points is the custom versions of the Eeloo ribbons which conflict with those distributed by the Final Frontier mod. Looking into it, is there any reason why the custom Eeloo ribbons aren't packaged in OPM/Ribbons like the others with an entry in CelestialBodies.info for Eeloo? Final Frontier's code is such that it will overwrite the existing info with the one read from that file and this avoids the conflict. I've tested it myself and it works fine; OPM's Eeloo ribbons show up even though Final Frontier's default ribbons are still in place.

Also, the distributed zip includes some .svn directories in the ribbon folders. These can be filtered out by CKAN, but they're of no benefit to manually installed users either.

maybe because you use templates? newer packs don't...

I've already explained that that is not the case.

I'm using 0.90 version on a 0.90 install of KSP 32x

Im getting a problem with contracts setting. Is there any way around this?

OPM 1.7 is not designed for 0.9 and I won't support it for that reason. If you want an official 0.90 compatible version, you need to stick with 1.6.5.

CaptRobau you's good people. I installed the heck out of this once the contracts were fixed, and I see the ISRU forbids have been added!
So I'm working on cleaning up the CKAN metadata for Outer Planets Mod and one of the sticking points is the custom versions of the Eeloo ribbons which conflict with those distributed by the Final Frontier mod. Looking into it, is there any reason why the custom Eeloo ribbons aren't packaged in OPM/Ribbons like the others with an entry in CelestialBodies.info for Eeloo? Final Frontier's code is such that it will overwrite the existing info with the one read from that file and this avoids the conflict. I've tested it myself and it works fine; OPM's Eeloo ribbons show up even though Final Frontier's default ribbons are still in place.

Also, the distributed zip includes some .svn directories in the ribbon folders. These can be filtered out by CKAN, but they're of no benefit to manually installed users either.

I didn't know that was possible, both the .info file stuff and the .svn stuff. If you say that both are possible, then no doubt I'll be able to put them in Beta 2.

I didn't know that was possible, both the .info file stuff and the .svn stuff. If you say that both are possible, then no doubt I'll be able to put them in Beta 2.

Thanks a lot for your help.

One more thing, I've submitted a pull request to PlanetShine that will allow it to read CelestialBodyColor configuration nodes from any .cfg file, meaning OPM will no longer have to distribute a CelestialBodies.cfg which overwrites the default one. For this to work the file OPM/CelestialBodies.cfg just needs to be modified to include the intensity, atmosphereAmbient, and groundAmbientOverride fields that the one in the PlanetShine directory includes, and it should just include the configuration for the new OPM bodies, not all of them.

This should streamline the metadata and packaging a lot as well. I would make the changes myself but I couldn't fine a publicly accessible source repository for OPM, does one exist?

Thanks.

Great update. Am contemplating using it. Just one question.

Will OPM play nicely with Trans Keptunian? As Transkeptunian is Kopernicustech and OPM is Kopernicus (wouldnt know what the difference is but they have different names)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.