[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

After an two hours of messing around with files i finally got OPM and AVP to work together! Yay so pretty!!! Jumps up and down-

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/545277070282623144/84C6766C57DB99CB1C6DA99831DC027E8EEDE471/

don't the cloud cfg files from the first post work in 1.0?

those from Eleusis La Arwall

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/113866

I've always wondered about the FPS impact of AVP. How bad is the hit?

surprisingly not that bad, I play with AVP in 32bit and still doesn't give me problems

I have a decent number of mods, but not hundreds like some

Nice opening post, but it feels like you forgot how to actually install this plugin. Seriously. I just took everything in the OPM GameData and tossed it into my directory's GameData. Went ingame. No extra planets. What am I doing wrong??

Edited by ElJugador

Nice opening post, but you forgot HOW TO ACTUALLY INSTALL THE PLUGIN. Seriously. I just took everything in the OPM GameData and tossed it into my directory's GameData. Went ingame. No extra planets. What am I doing wrong??

that should work

if you could give some more info maybe that can help narrow it down to what is breaking it for you

that should work

if you could give some more info maybe that can help narrow it down to what is breaking it for you

This is 1.0.2. Other than OPM, 100% vanilla except for an outdated copy of KER and PlanetShine

Edited by ElJugador

FYI, Contract issues with OPM are still prevalent in KSP 1.0.2 :(

Like always, as long as I don't have an OPM-related contract, it's all good, but with any OPM-related contract, they ALL vanish upon a scene change.

@eleven

that's a kopernicusTECH bug im afraid, and has been know for a long time and it's unavoidable:(

The stand alone kopernicus fixed this, however it takes time for updates to happen, especially since everything is so chaotic after the 1.0 release. Have patience, brother!

Does anyone have an alternative to the Time Control mod that works with 1.0? I need something to allow for faster warp with this mod, and Time Control causes the Kraken to eat Kerbin (black screen, staging doesn't work and Jeb is perpetually terrified) when I launch anything.

@eleven

that's a kopernicusTECH bug im afraid, and has been know for a long time and it's unavoidable:(

The stand alone kopernicus fixed this, however it takes time for updates to happen, especially since everything is so chaotic after the 1.0 release. Have patience, brother!

I know, I was one of the first to bring up the issue and have stayed on top of it for a while now, I was only posting that because as of 1.0, Capt Robau had expressed the hope that the new release of KSP might limit the problem.

Nice opening post, but it feels like you forgot how to actually install this plugin. Seriously. I just took everything in the OPM GameData and tossed it into my directory's GameData. Went ingame. No extra planets. What am I doing wrong??

That's because the installation is the same as every other mod, so it's pretty straight forward. Could you post a screenshot of your GameData? Perhaps I can spot the problem.

You should change the RTG link in the first post to point to JDiminishingRTG mod instead. That one is better than mine, since it's actually finished and all.

Good idea.

I know, I was one of the first to bring up the issue and have stayed on top of it for a while now, I was only posting that because as of 1.0, Capt Robau had expressed the hope that the new release of KSP might limit the problem.

Did I say that? I think I only spoke of updates to Kopernicus being able to do that. Which they are, as far as I can tell.

That's because the installation is the same as every other mod, so it's pretty straight forward. Could you post a screenshot of your GameData? Perhaps I can spot the problem.

Good idea.

Did I say that? I think I only spoke of updates to Kopernicus being able to do that. Which they are, as far as I can tell.

lol yea, maybe that's what I'm thinking of...too many updates lately :)

Too many updates lately? No-no, it's just that Kopernicus is way away better than Kopernicus it's Tech. Also, KT is obsolete and has a good bit of bugs solved with pure Kopernicus.

Also, here's a tip @CaptRobau!

You nead to make the normal maps greyscale, since that reduces a bit of the RAM usage. Did the same with Kerbol Plus. Also, you may want to overlay the normal maps over the colors in order to give them a nice 3d effect. I used that too with Kerbol Plus's new 2.0 update with by the way looks as owersome as OPM.

Pai, dacă e un român pe aici, CaptRobau nu a lansat nici un beta.

Ok.. Enough with the craziness. The contract bug and recovery bugs have been fixed with the new pure Kopernicus. CaptRobau is working on porting this pack over to pure Kopernicus, but he said he encountered some problems where the terrain is not exactly looking how he wants.

Pai, dacă e un român pe aici, CaptRobau nu a lansat nici un beta.

Ok.. Enough with the craziness. The contract bug and recovery bugs have been fixed with the new pure Kopernicus. CaptRobau is working on porting this pack over to pure Kopernicus, but he said he encountered some problems where the terrain is not exactly looking how he wants.

Alright cool.

I'll keep a look out for whenever it's updated.

It mostly created a problem for the StageRecovery mod, but I have a workaround that I can live with for however long this fix takes.

Noticed something else, might be connected to the other issue.

I made my first flight into a different Sphere of influence for this save.

It was the sphere of influence of Mun. But once in, I never got out.

I get thrown into a weird trajectory. I can create an orbit around mun that reaches beyond minmus.

If I escape mun's orbit, I either end up inside Kerbin(though not crashing, just stuck inside of it) or on a weird orbit around the sun while I'm still spinning around an invisible entity.

Anyone else having this problem?

Hello,

I am not sure about implementing OPM; I have it installed but use Hyperedit to move things; which I havnt tried yet; I dont use Kittopia cfgs; only for the rings; I have planets and moons and a bunch of moons orbit Kerbin all in a neat little row lol !

I will go ahead and wait for the major update but will we still be able to make rings if Kittopia is not around; or will Kittopia still handle this?

Cmdr Zeta

I have one question.

Is someone making a modification from contract packs to outer planets? (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/101604)

I'm interested in scansat and remote tech packs (I know none of the mods required are updated to 1.02 yet, but they willl).

I will end doing this modification regardless of anyone already doing it (I want to have them at least for me), but just checking if I can use someone else's work :P or I can coordinate with someone already doing the work.

I have one question.

Is someone making a modification from contract packs to outer planets? (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/101604)

I'm interested in scansat and remote tech packs (I know none of the mods required are updated to 1.02 yet, but they willl).

I will end doing this modification regardless of anyone already doing it (I want to have them at least for me), but just checking if I can use someone else's work :P or I can coordinate with someone already doing the work.

I don't know squat about those things, but if you find something I would be interested too :D

I have one question.

Linuxgurugamer contacted me for some input on a contract pack. I don't know if he's produced anything yet, but you could PM to check.

Have I showed off Tal, the subsatellite aka moon of a moon, yet? In case I haven't:

jtXzqDl.png

Progress on the beta is going very well So Soonâ„¢. It's actually much more stable than OPM 1.6.5 is on 1.0+ and only misses a few features that make it not shiny enough for a true release. Wal has a bug that makes its terrain black (Kopernicus devs are trying to fix it) and Ovok is temporary not as supersmooth as it usually is (a fix is also in the works). All-in-all I recommend getting this beta when it comes out and replacing 1.6.5 with it. That version barely works on 1.0 (kind of regret calling it compatible), while the 1.7 beta does work. Other major features you can expect in the beta (and thus in the release version 1.7 too):

-Dropped Kittopia and DDSLoader. The latter was made obsolete with 1.0 and the former is no longer necessary due to the awesomeness of the new Kopernicus devs. Less third party mods means more stability and also lead to the next item on the list:

-All the bugs in Known Bugs are solved. This includes the recovery values being off on Kerbin, the contract disappearance bug and the translucent border obscuring rings

-A moon for Wal called Tal (more info spread among the pages of this thread)

-Added FinalFrontier ribbons to the Urlum moons

-Added biomes and science blurbs to the Urlum moons

Aside from the things mentioned above, OPM's planets and moons are moving very close to stock-like quality in terms of gameplay stability. They looked good before, but they now also play good too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.