[0.90] KSP Interstellar port maintance thread

Boris-Barboris

Further confirmation - stock fuel profile after one hour of time running at 92.5% power on the fusion reactor test platform (3.75m High-Q Tokamak) at 50x or lower, the vessel has consumed 60 units (liters???) of Deuterium. Cranked up to 100x for the next hour at the exact same conditions shows that it has only consumed 1.5 liters, a factor of 40:1

If the KSP units are in fact liters, then the control window is showing the intended values of 32 liters per day, the actual low-compression fuel rate is about 40 times as much...hang on...

Edit: Well that's interesting. At low time compression (50x and lower), adjusting the power output of the reactor (scaling the amount of transmit power in the microwave phased array) does -not- affect fuel consumption...it seems to be fixed at maximum and multiplied by 40-ish (44? That's the maximum thermal output of this reactor in Gigawatts). However, at high time compression, the reactor functions normally and is able to scale its fuel consumption proprotionate to its usage.

Edited by Kiithnaras

Quick and hopefully simple question.

What resources / activities have background processing enabled? For example, Antimatter will continue to collect when a craft in unloaded. If you have an ISRU Refinery mining water, is it supposed to continue in the background? Will Tritium decay into H3?

Quick and hopefully simple question.

What resources / activities have background processing enabled? For example, Antimatter will continue to collect when a craft in unloaded. If you have an ISRU Refinery mining water, is it supposed to continue in the background? Will Tritium decay into H3?

Antimatter collectors and tritium decay have had background-processing code present for a couple of Fractal's releases. That code doesn't get tested as heavily as the active-vessel code paths, so some of the old bugs may still be around even in this branch.

Resource extraction and conversion haven't been background-enabled before. I think the best way to do it would be to subclass the corresponding classes from Regolith to talk to the Megajoules manager, but it would be possible to add background processing to ORS using code from RoverDude's older resource systems, licenses permitting.

Antimatter collectors and tritium decay have had background-processing code present for a couple of Fractal's releases. That code doesn't get tested as heavily as the active-vessel code paths, so some of the old bugs may still be around even in this branch.

Resource extraction and conversion haven't been background-enabled before. I think the best way to do it would be to subclass the corresponding classes from Regolith to talk to the Megajoules manager, but it would be possible to add background processing to ORS using code from RoverDude's older resource systems, licenses permitting.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I do not have the time to jump in and help out. Years ago I was big into modding, but now that adult hood has caught up to me time is ever so precious. Now and days most of my time is devoted to work managing servers and network infrastructure. Have any idea on how to fix a bad block on a raid 5 array, with out doing a low level format and rebuilding the server from scratch? Chkdsk has failed me.

Anyway back on topic. Thank you for your help and all the work you do for the KSP community. I do appreciate it.

I have another issue with the game. I was playing and most of the buttons in the gui stopped working. The VAB SPH Launch pad don't work when clicking on them (they do highlight though). I can get in the science building, admin, and astronaut complex, but when I try to leave the exit button does not work... This is pretty game breaking... I'll put the output file incase you need it, if you don't it's no biggie. http://m.uploadedit.com/b044/1420500960271.txt

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at KSPAchievements.CrewRef.Save (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSPAchievements.CrewRecovery.OnSave (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

KSPAchievments mod is crashing, try deleting it.

Sorry, guys, but i will mostly stop the development now as my finals come. Will probably resume at february, but only to fix bugs. Besides, i've got my own mod in development, so there's not much time for Interstellar.

Well that's rather unfortunate. I think what we need is a port to move the interstellar parts to the USI suite of mods. Do away with the ORS that seems to be depreciated at this point. I just hate to see this mod go away because the part models are amazing.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at KSPAchievements.CrewRef.Save (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSPAchievements.CrewRecovery.OnSave (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

KSPAchievments mod is crashing, try deleting it.

Sorry, guys, but i will mostly stop the development now as my finals come. Will probably resume at february, but only to fix bugs. Besides, i've got my own mod in development, so there's not much time for Interstellar.

Best of luck on your exams! Thanks for bringing KSPI up to a more usable state than before. :)

@Boris

I am a co-creator (honestly, Dreadicon did most of the coding) of a KSP-I/RealFuels integration config that worked back in 0.25, but I haven't had the opportunity to test for 0.90 yet due the KSP-Interstellar not being updated for 0.90 (I only *just* came across your work here).

I was wondering if by switching from ORS to CRP if any of the resource names, or harvesting/conversion modules had changed. Any changes to either will break the config.

My laptop is breaking down, and I haven't had the chance to switch over to the replacement yet, so it would also be AWESOME if someone (preferably experienced using RealFuels) were to test the config out by going and installing this updated version of KSP-I and the latest version of RealFuels in the same save (the integration config comes standard with RealFuels now). Also, I could use fresh set of eyes looking for potential problems...

Regards,

Northstar

Couple things with RF / KSP-I's integration config Northstar; errors occur with the KSPI Geomax tanks. They correctly show the RF menu however have 0 capacity. Some issue with the math somewhere. Looking at the config I have no clue what witchery is being used for their capacity calculations. The other issues are with both the ATTILA / Plasma thrusters (due to the engine setup I believe) cannot select different fuels for either engine types. The last issue I believe is the MethaLOX setting; I think it's still using oxidizer vs LOX though I could be wrong. I can't remember offhand as I haven't run KSP in a couple days.

Hey. anyone knows why would this mod cause the utility parts to grow indefinitely when i mouse over them?

They start blinking and keep growing when you mouse over a part on the catalog. the little preview model just covers the whole screen.

I do have the latest module manager installed and the community resource thing.

help ? =P

Hey. anyone knows why would this mod cause the utility parts to grow indefinitely when i mouse over them?

They start blinking and keep growing when you mouse over a part on the catalog. the little preview model just covers the whole screen.

I do have the latest module manager installed and the community resource thing.

help ? =P

That's a bad install. Just remove all of the files associated with KSPI and reinstall.

For anyone interested, for my Kerbalized Interstellar Mod, I modified the Boris WarpPlugin to take the Kerbals (new KSP 0.90 ) profession and experience level into account when calculating the amount of research gained in the Lab.

You can download the modified WarpPlugin.dll from here.

In short, your science lab will produce the most research with intelligent skilled scientists. But in more detail:

-Profession affect science by +/- 50% (+50% for Scientist, 0% Engineer, -50% for Pilot)

-Stupidity affects science by +/- 10% (was +/- 50% reversed)

-Experience level affect science up to +50%

If you want to verify, the source code can be found at GitHub.

Edited by FreeThinker

I've been getting a bug from the TweakScale fix, without the fix I'm having an air intake bug*, while with the fix I'm getting a attachment node bug ;.;

Attachment node bug:

Without the fix http://webmup.com/oIzSO

With the fix http://webmup.com/3AyA2

*(this is pretty much what I get if I don't have the "fix" http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/2882 I can't add more then two air intakes)

Thanks for maintaining the mod for 0.90!

I would really appreciate if you could release the mod on Github instead of Dropbox, such that mod managers like KSP MA can automatically update it. Additionally Github has a much higher bandwidth than Dropbox. It's sometimes a pain to download mods from Dropbox :)

For anyone interested, for my Kerbalized Interstellar Mod, I modified the Boris WarpPlugin to take the Kerbals (new KSP 0.90 ) profession and experience level into account when calculating the amount of research gained in the Lab.

You can download the modified WarpPlugin.dll from here.

Hey FreeThinker, the changes you made sound nice. Could you provide some instructions on how to plug this dll in? Should I rename it to WarpPlugin.dll first and then overwrite the one I use? Or should I just place it in the Interstellar folder, without changing its name (the link got me interstellar.dll :))?

Sooo, yeah, I've only just gotten into using KSP mods a while ago, as you can probably tell :blush:

Hi,

ORS..Does this mean that ORS will be deprecated and CRP will be the main source for resource data? This is one of the last issues I am facing with consistency within KSP. Wait I guess it does:

Dependencies:

0.90 KSPI port from version 1.13.4 and onwards depends on Community Resource Pack by RoverDude.

Toolbar by blizzy78

ModuleManager by sarbian

I am not seeing the engines in KSP v24 listed in the tree; most of my mod parts port to version 24; this mod and one other I am having issues with parts not showing up; I could try to use just those mods and see if another mod is causing the problem but I doubt that is the case.

(Edit: I am having to remove all the tanks so it isnt the pngs; may be a mod conflict, node conflict...ugh)

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.