[Currently Unofficial] A thread for naming Version 1.0 once it goes gold!

Bandock

Should there a subtitle?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should there a subtitle?

• Yes
    • No

Kerbal Space Program

Yes, I do like minimalism, why do you ask? 1.0 is a very special release, it's the game as envisioned, nothing more, nothing less. It's the very idea which those three words have referred to since the beginning. In my opinion adding a sub label to that specific release would play down the importance of reaching that milestone. Give names to any other releases, but 1.0 is special.

monophonic nailed it.

I forgot, gold is too malleable for hype trains! :P

Anyhow, having a countdown would be great when 1.0 gets ready. Perhaps a wonderfully prepared livestream to make the release of 1.0?

About the name, I agree that just calling it Kerbal Space Program is just fine the way it is. I just thought it would be clever to have an interesting name/subtitle to mark it as the full-fledged release. Imagine a future version of Kerbal Space Program known as 2.0.

That version shall be called: "Kerbal Space Program: The Next Generation"

This version mainly consists of Kerbals going warp speed and utilizing transporter technology to easily explore planets and new civilizations! Yes, I'm joking, but would be funny nonetheless.

I'm fine with "Kerbal Space Program 1.0: Kerbal Space Program," although "Kerbal Space Program 1.0: Liftoff" would be cool too.

"The Final Frontier" would be a good name for the very last bonus planet expansion pack before "Kerbal Space Program II: The Next Generation" is released. :-)

I love all the trailer ideas. Some soft KSP music plays in the background as the VAB doors dramatically open, then we get a montage of all the versions with some player creations cutting in every few frames. The music builds and builds and then stops, to switch to some sort of flight scene as the video fades to black.

And then the theme music comes on as a massive rocket lifts off, and we get a shot of orbit and decoupling. Cue obligatory montage of camera flying over all the planets, and then a Kerbal hitting a button as Michael Bay is called in and we get explosion videos. From there it's just a ton of epic shots of the final game, and as the music and video fade out, we get one last picture of the KSC flag fluttering in the sunset.

*rising finale whoosh thing you know what I mean*

KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM: 1.0

*cut to black*

I also vote for just Kerbal Space Program as the name.

However they should use the Enterprise theme song. Loved that intro with the fast series of clips showing the progression of human space travel.......the one shot of the Apollo astronaut gives me chills.....always reminds me of White, Chaffee and Grissom.

.... It's been a long time....getting from there to here........perfect song for KSP.

CmdrRimmer

• 2 months later...

It has been nearly three months since any post has been made to this thread. I figured that since the game is in experimentals that I bring back this thread to encourage any more possible naming ideas. I have a feeling that once 1.0 is out, however, that this thread will likely be closed.

I know some of y'all have already mentioned it should just be called "Kerbal Space Program" and that is perfectly fine. I figured the tradition of zany or cool names for releases would be nice to have for the almight Golden Release. :P

Remember, this thread is likely to expire just before or on release.

Kerbal Space Program looks good.

But make it specially stylized...

The trailer should be:

A montage of test rockets flying and exploding, getting more and more intensive until finally, it works, and a long drawn out note plays while it fades to black and the KSP (differently stylized) logo pops up.

I'm actually in favor of just plain old "Kerbal Space Program" the alpha / beta nick names were fun during development, but it's officially official now - and KSP is such a great game on its own it doesn't need any more fluff to launch with.

I think 1.1, 1.2 etc should have cool names as they will hopefully add something meaningful to the full release, but we'll see about that when/if the time comes.

Having a fun little version name was cool for past releases, but this one doesn't really need one. Not that they can't slip in a stealth one:

We have lift-off! Introducing Kerbal Space Program 1.0!

That is a very nice one. Simple, yet a great way to refer to Kerbal Space Program reaching 1.0. :D

Kerbal Space Program

Yes, I do like minimalism, why do you ask? 1.0 is a very special release, it's the game as envisioned, nothing more, nothing less. It's the very idea which those three words have referred to since the beginning. In my opinion adding a sub label to that specific release would play down the importance of reaching that milestone. Give names to any other releases, but 1.0 is special.

1 billion percent agree.

1 billion percent agree to the 1 billion percent agree.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.