The Number War: Count to 100 or -100

RainDreamer

It was BLOODY 8 PAGES AGO, and he added 3 numbers instead of 1. Wouldn't it just be easier to set it to 91/90 than start it again from 44?

I mean, you guys are removing 47 positives when you could just remove 2/3 .-.

It is the way the game is played due to rule 6.

6. In the case of the current number being incorrect due to intentional or unintentional misinformation/misinterpretation, a player must notify others of the error, and will have to find the last correct number and quote that post (for easier accuracy checking) and the game continues as normal from the last correct number with the player adding/subtracting from that number. The responsibility of finding errors falls on to players. If no one report the error following the procedure above, before the number reach 100 or -100, the win will still be awarded, the positive team if 100, negative team if -100. Common sense apply here though. If someone intentionally jack up a ton of numbers at once as an intentional error and and reach a winning number in just a few posts, that is way too obvious and won't count as a win. This rules apply for more subtle errors in numbers.

If an erroneous post is made, it is nulled, and posts that follow the wrong post will also subsequently be nulled and we start from last correct number. However, the game also allow for erroneous posts to win if they reach +/- 100 before someone point out the error.

This allow 2 playstyles - either you go slow and keep track of progress carefully, or you go fast and hope no one notices errors that may have happened.

The slow play style is best used when you are early in the game, while the fast playstyle will help you reach winning condition when the gap is short and you are willing to risk it.

43 why must we always revert

Because I don't like the rules being broken and/or misused :) If everyone plays the game right, there won't be anywhere for me (or anyone else) to revert to. But it just so happens that the very favourite "fast and spammy" playstyle usually produces a lot of errors and misinterpretations.

Oh, and there's usually a ton of positives compared to the minority of negatives, which makes for a rather one sided, boring and (at least for the side with minority) frustrating game, wouldn't you agree? I'm just trying to spice it up a little. Or would you prefer to just win the game over and over again with little to no resistance from the opposing side? (It's fine if you would - to each his own - but I personally find it dull)

And before I forget, 40.

38 or 94

Depends on which post is invalid.

OP herself has already commented on the issue, raising no objections to the revert. I believe that makes it pretty clear :) You can always ask for explicit decision, though.

I'd also advise you against posting multiple numbers in one post - if the post is not clear about the game progress, it can be disregarded by rule #4 (and it has been used in the past to revert back from 95 to 5 :P).