The Number War: Count to 100 or -100

RainDreamer

Have been busy recently and didn't keep track of the thread as close as I should. Anyway, I wish to bring attention to these posts:

21? :s

again

20 then.

The number was 21 by Floppster, and Dman979 performed an addition to bring it to 22 at 21:05, and then Floppster attempt to override it by performing a substraction at 21:05 too. If we only look at rule 7 alone, Floppster's post is valid and override Dman's post. However, we must also not forget rule 2 which prevent the same poster to perform an operation before another poster has change the number, and because if we nulled Dman's posts, it would be the same as no poster has change the number yet, which would mean Floppster's second post is nulled. And because Floppster's second post is considered nulled here due to rule 2, rule 7 is not invoked, and Dman's post stands.

So, short version if you are lost:

Rule 7 cannot be invoked if by doing so it violates rule 2.

I am going to update the language of rule 2 and add a clause to rule 7 to clarify things a little more to avoid this stuff in the future.

Right now however, I will let the game continue as-is for the rest of this round, since it is my fault to not post this sooner and not clarify the rule beforehand.