The Number War: Count to 100 or -100

RainDreamer

I just read a little of your stories. They are great. And the captured positives will be yelled at when they make fun of a story. We will steal their nectar and cakes.

Really? Thanks!

-87 -

(I can just picture the situation: Our valiant forces storming their castle, and then some guy comes up to me, and with flaming arrows shooting overhead, he says, "Hey, I really like your stories," Before rejoining the battle and taking the enemy castle.)

3 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Because no one brought it up. Our job isn't to go back and make sure that everyone is following the rules at all times, we adjudicate disputes over the rules. The rules always get priority.

3 hours ago, Dman979 said:

As a matter of fact, you should point that out, because it's very significant.

Like I mentioned before, posts that violate the rules may be reverted to at any time before +/- 100.

The last valid number is @0111narwhalz's -61.

You may continue from there.

@Deddly, the post was nulled. Since it was invalid, everything after it was invalid, too, leaving the post before it as LVP.

I may be crazy but I have a suggestion. I think revert points ougtta have an expiration date. If say the battle is over 15 away from it, then it should no longer be a revert point. Cause I could very easily see a team member just sorta accidentally on purppose making a mistake and letting it slide just so that if things go wrong later, then they can claim they were checking the thread and 'found' this error, and declare a revert. That will allow a single team member to undo the combined efforts of 20 people over a week. In fact it has arguably happened before. but even if it never happens, what will still happen is that people will be able to point fingers and name call. With no way to prove intentions, this could be detrimental. I believe that a rule like this is a common sense and a safeguard against a very easily exploitable loophole in the rules. While such things are not technically against the rules by the letter, they go directly against the very spirit of the game, which is to have a fair, fun game. It is not something that needs to be allowed. What do people think?

4 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Cause I could very easily see a team member just sorta accidentally on purppose making a mistake and letting it slide just so that if things go wrong later, then they can claim they were checking the thread and 'found' this error, and declare a revert.

Wouldn't the counter to that be to not let them make a mistake? i.e., both sides police the posts for mistakes?

That way, when somebody makes a mistake, it's reverted to immediately, and you don't have to worry about them going back and reverting.

I'm not saying that your suggestion is crazy, but we do need to consider all the alternatives before changing the rules.

Edited by Dman979