[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

5 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

that could have been it, :P  it seems to be going well, but im dying to upgrade to 1.3, so far today ive played 6 hours in 1.2.2 and had 12 crashes! but theres some mods im still trying to tear out for 1.3 :P 

Are those craft that are crashing or the game?  Curious because I am still on 1.2.2 as well.  Haven't hit the 12 crashes in 6 hours though.

1 minute ago, smotheredrun said:

Are those craft that are crashing or the game?  Curious because I am still on 1.2.2 as well.  Haven't hit the 12 crashes in 6 hours though.

its caused by conflickts between some mods, cant figure exactly what because they are hard crashes that dosent seem leave crash reports, but i dont have the problem in my 1.3 version with some mods removed.

17 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

its caused by conflickts between some mods, cant figure exactly what because they are hard crashes that dosent seem leave crash reports, but i dont have the problem in my 1.3 version with some mods removed.

You were saying that you had some issues with Heisenberg parts that are missing? Does it happen in 1.3? Also, now that I've revised the recycling system, I'm looking at making a new Buffalo recycler part for those situations when your kerbals aren't skilled enough to do the recycling. :)

6 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

You were saying that you had some issues with Heisenberg parts that are missing? Does it happen in 1.3? Also, now that I've revised the recycling system, I'm looking at making a new Buffalo recycler part for those situations when your kerbals aren't skilled enough to do the recycling. :)

yeah it was the upgrade to 1.3 ther WBI.gondohab and WBI.gondolab where missing so it killed some of the vehicles

6 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

yeah it was the upgrade to 1.3 ther WBI.gondohab and WBI.gondolab where missing so it killed some of the vehicles

Hm. Ok, Both the GondoHab and GondoLab do exist in the bundle, but in the VAB/SPH, they are set to unresearchable and their category to none. That way, existing craft won't be affected, but new ones can't be built. So if you saw that warning in the VAB/SPH, that would explain it. If you change their category to Utility and TechRequired to, say, advExploration, and then add "(DEPRECATED" to their title without the quotes, you can build your existing craft files in the VAB/SPH. I'd then recommend using the newer versions of the parts on your existing craft files.

Edited by Angel-125

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Hm. Ok, Both the GondoHab and GondoLab do exist in the bundle, but in the VAB/SPH, they are set to unresearchable and their category to none. That way, existing craft won't be affected, but new ones can't be built. So if you saw that warning in the VAB/SPH, that would explain it. If you change their category to Utility and TechRequired to, say, advExploration, and then add "(DEPRECATED" to their title without the quotes, you can build your existing craft files in the VAB/SPH. I'd then recommend using the newer versions of the parts on your existing craft files.

na they are all good, i saved the kerbals, i dont mind loosing the craft. just wasent sure if they where mean to disappear, i dont use heisenberg for airships, just BIG rovers :P at the moment tac lifesupport is murdering everyone so i gotta wait for the fix from JPL.  everything else is working fine though :P

oh and it was already deployed in the previous save.

good question is why dont the green houses do anything for Tac life support? :P

Edited by Space Kadet

23 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

na they are all good, i saved the kerbals, i dont mind loosing the craft. just wasent sure if they where mean to disappear, i dont use heisenberg for airships, just BIG rovers :P at the moment tac lifesupport is murdering everyone so i gotta wait for the fix from JPL.  everything else is working fine though :P

oh and it was already deployed in the previous save.

good question is why dont the green houses do anything for Tac life support? :P

How so? I do have converters for TAC in the greenhouses, are you not seeing them?

29 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

@Angel-125 I didn't see this in the OP, have you seen this? It came out a month ago apparently. 

Yup, seen it. :)

5 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

Nop, i not for the previous version either, cant reconfigure or anything

Ok, I will take a look.

10 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

Nop, i not for the previous version either, cant reconfigure or anything

I'm actually fairly sure that in my 1.2.2 KSP that the Greenhouses work.... but I can't check until late tomorrow night, (erm in around 18 hours :( ) But I'll check regardless.

@Angel-125

Unrelated to your mod suite, but have you ever loaded a vessel (station) after leaving it for a good 20-40 days and find that one (or more) of your solar panels have just disappeared/just have the stub that holds the whole thing?  When you Rclick on said part, the context menu just says "Part is broken" or similar.  I ask here because I remember the Great Command Chair Escape Episode a few pages back and am thinking maybe it's related?  Either way can you recommend some ways to track down the issue?  

I have gone through the last log it happened in and I couldn't find anything that said " X-part has disappeared/broken/krakened/ just because KSP doesn't like you" or similar - at least I didn't find something that stood out.  If you want to look at a log, I'm in the process of trying to replicate it and not forget about it.

Edited by smotheredrun

10 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

*annoyed noises* 

I have the coolest idea for a Space station around the Mun using the centrifuge, but I need to git gud at rendezvous/docking first ;.;

MechJeb.  :wink:

(I say this as someone who almost never docks manually - but recently docked a ship without RCS by hand...)

Just now, DStaal said:

MechJeb.  :wink:

(I say this as someone who almost never docks manually - but recently docked a ship without RCS by hand...)

I prefer to do everything myself, it feels better that way, and if I fail, it makes me want to finish it even more (most of the time, I get frustrated sometimes)

It's just the fact when I dock, they spin around each other in circles for several minutes, making it harder to get close, and it drives me insane, I MEAN, CAN YOU JUST DOCK ALREADY!? QUIT DANCING!

It's also hard to use the rcs properly, for some reason, I can't figure out how to rotate the craft, only move it from side to side.

8 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

@Angel-125 @Nertea I have a slight problem.

A few weeks ago I downloaded Kerbal atomic, but now the Nuclear aerospike isn't showing up anymore, compatibility issues?

The currently released version of KA does not include any nuclear aerospikes

32 minutes ago, Nertea said:

The currently released version of KA does not include any nuclear aerospikes

I know that, this mod does though, and it seems like it's the only part that isn't showing up, so I'm guessing it has something to do with your mod, since I remember having up until I downloaded it :P

Edited by Spaceception

18 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

I know that, this mod does though, and it seems like it's the only part that isn't showing up, so I'm guessing it has something to do with your mod, since I remember having up until I downloaded it :P

I don't know of any reason that the aerospike would vanish with KA installed. If anything, it would be nice to write a patch to use KA's reactor plugin.

Just now, Angel-125 said:

I don't know of any reason that the aerospike would vanish with KA installed. If anything, it would be nice to write a patch to use KA's reactor plugin.

Well, I've checked the tech tree, and parts I have several times, it's not there anymore.

2 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

@Spaceception, looking at the cfg for the nuclear aerospike, the required tech is "TechRequired = wbiAdvNuclearPropulsion". Probably the typo making it disappear.

Just now, Spaceception said:

I'm not very knowledgeable with .cfg files, what's the typo?

I'm making a guess, and I'll need @Angel-125 to confirm this, but having wbi before AdvNuclearPropulsion probably makes it miss the actual tech node, which should probably be just AdvNuclearPropulsion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.