Best Quotes Ever

KAL 9000

From Wikipedia:

"His supposed remark when meeting another leading physicist, Paul Ehrenfest, illustrates this notion of an arrogant Pauli. The two met at a conference for the first time. Ehrenfest was familiar with Pauli's papers and quite impressed with them. After a few minutes of conversation, Ehrenfest remarked, "I think I like your Encyclopedia article [on relativity theory] better than I like you," to which Pauli retorted, "That's strange. With me, regarding you, it is just the opposite."[27] The two became very good friends from then on."

On 1/29/2024 at 11:47 AM, AstroWolfie said:

"This little manuver is gonna cost us 51 years!"

- Cooper

I loved Interstellar. Apparently I was in the minority. As always.

"We used to look up at the sky and wonder at our place in the stars, now we just look down and worry about our place in the dirt."

"Mankind was born on Earth. It was never meant to die here."

7 hours ago, TheSaint said:

"We used to look up at the sky and wonder at our place in the stars, now we just look down and worry about our place in the dirt."

Wair until I bring in Aleksei Gastev of USSR's Central Institute of Labor, the man who coined the term "social engineering".

We shall not aspire to reach these miserable heights called the sky.

The sky is the invention of idle, recumbent, lazy and timid men.... Together with fire, and metal, and gas, and steam ... we shall burrow into the depths, we shall cut through them with a thousand steel lines, we shall illuminate and expose the subterranean abysses with cascades of light and fill them with the roar of metal. For many years we will leave behind the sky, the sun, the twinkling stars, we will merge ourselves with the earth: it shall be in us, and we shall be in it.

We will enter the earth by thousands, we will enter it by millions, we will enter it by an ocean of people! But we will not come out of there, we will never come out... We will perish, we will bury ourselves in the insatiable rush and the storm of labor.

We are born of the earth, we shall return to it, as the ancients say; but the earth will be transformed; enclosed on all sides - without entrances or exits! - it will be full of the unrelenting tempesf of labor; the steel-encased globe of the earth will be the cauldron of the universe, and when, in the frenzy of the labor impulse, the earth will fail and tear its steel armor, it will give birth to new beings whose name will no longer be man.

Spoiler

165007_2000.jpg

What must be done is for all mankind to discover that man himself is one of the most perfect machines our technology has ever known... We must deal with the energy of the human mechanism... we will "meter" human energy... There must be nothing sacred here.

Omnissiah is pleased with this techpriest.

• 3 weeks later...

My brother told about a man with the last name 'French' was being executed via electric chair (not sure what he did). When asked if he had any last words he said something along the lines of "OH what will the papers say tomorrow? French fries?". He probably had that one stewing ever since he got the sentence :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...