The Day-Of-The-Announcement Discussion Thread

Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think they will reveal?

• New Feature (enhanced IVA, new mechanic)
    • New parts
    • Localisation (Please God No)
    • Some combination of the above
    • None of the above

maybe the announcement will be:

[choose your favoured one]

- with the new version, in 2 months we get two new flags.

- plushies

- a double length octagonal strut.

- forum background color changes to pink.

anyway, im always open to something big, I would prefer that im totally wrong of course..... please please surprise me, AND:

Always mind the gap between your expectations and reality

i honestly dont know what could be coming.

1.3 seems like it would be a bit off to call it a "Important Announcement" since we're all on tenterhooks for 1.3 already.

Bugfixes seems like they wouldn't need an announcement either.

Porkjet parts were kinda discarded by squad werent they?

I guess it would be something that they have kept secret, that we dont know a word about yet. So new NEW parts? It seems to be related(ish) to Yuri Gagarins aniversary, so stock Soyuz parts?

2 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

1.3 seems like it would be a bit off to call it a "Important Announcement" since we're all on tenterhooks for 1.3 already.

I would disagree. People have been anticipating 1.3 for a while but there's been no official announcement made for it yet so an official announcement would be pretty significant, especially if it included a few details of what would be coming in the 1.3 update.

3 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Porkjet parts were kinda discarded by squad werent they?

They seem to have been, but I don't think it's impossible that they may be taking another look at them considering the overall positive reaction of people to the parts.

4 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

So new NEW parts? It seems to be related(ish) to Yuri Gagarins aniversary, so stock Soyuz parts?

New parts would be nice, and would definitely be worthy of a big announcement so significant that it has to be pre-announced. Considering the American-styled aesthetic of the rest of the parts in the game I wouldn't expect Soviet-styled parts. Instead, if it is new parts that are being announced, I think that the most likely things would be:

• Inflatable modules
  • A mid-tech 2-kerbal command pod
  • The upgrading of the 3-kerbal command pod to include improved functionality, better balancing, and to be found later in the tech tree (to fit with previous suggestion for mid-tech pod)
  • Something to add functionality to space stations and surface bases (since a common complaint is that they don't do much)
  • More structural parts

22 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

I would disagree. People have been anticipating 1.3 for a while but there's been no official announcement made for it yet so an official announcement would be pretty significant, especially if it included a few details of what would be coming in the 1.3 update.

They seem to have been, but I don't think it's impossible that they may be taking another look at them considering the overall positive reaction of people to the parts.

New parts would be nice, and would definitely be worthy of a big announcement so significant that it has to be pre-announced. Considering the American-styled aesthetic of the rest of the parts in the game I wouldn't expect Soviet-styled parts. Instead, if it is new parts that are being announced, I think that the most likely things would be:

• Inflatable modules
  • A mid-tech 2-kerbal command pod
  • The upgrading of the 3-kerbal command pod to include improved functionality, better balancing, and to be found later in the tech tree (to fit with previous suggestion for mid-tech pod)
  • Something to add functionality to space stations and surface bases (since a common complaint is that they don't do much)
  • More structural parts

Ooo, a mid-tech 2-kerbal command pod! :wink: I'd love to see something like Better Burn Time and Kerbal Engineer become part of the game (preferably by contracting the mod authors to do it).

I would pay good money for a 6-kerbal 2.5m inflatable module and a 10-kerbal 3.75m inflatable module.

wait... I already paid $40.00...

okay, let me re-phrase that: I will pay you MORE good money.

Edited by whitejj01

46 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Ooo, a mid-tech 2-kerbal command pod! :wink: I'd love to see something like Better Burn Time and Kerbal Engineer become part of the game (preferably by contracting the mod authors to do it).

Yes, as much as the MOLE infrastructure is amazing, I'm sure quite a few people would appreciate something similar in stock.

Also, you bring up a good point. I'd personally very much like something similar to Kerbal Alarm Clock to be stock, and I'm sure many people agree with this sentiment.

7 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Poll needs a "none of the above" - I stand by my original thought in the KSP Weekly thread. It's Console 1.2 and EU release for PS4.

Alright, I agree.

there, your wish is granted :)

9 hours ago, theJesuit said:

KSP 1.3 will be the last as the cow is nearly dry.

All hail 2.0

But seriously, I would hope for something along the lines of Kerbal Konstructs in game and clouds :)

Or maybe just a delta vee information remaining onstage and in total?

Also, Nintendo Switch port.

17 hours ago, whitejj01 said:

My Money (And my hopes) are on an Enhanced IVA experience (Being able to walk around/ float around INSIDE your ship).

What's even the point of that?

Anyway, I'm afraid it's gonna be one of these:

• Console Release
  • Localization (Relese) announcement
  • The new Surface Sample Animation!!!!! (... yay?)
  • A NEW CONTEST! Send in a picture of how you participate in SQUAD's viral marketing as a mindless KSP-vehicle. The user with the most Facebook-Shares of KSP-related content, the user with the most KSP-Stickers on their car and the first who legally changes their name to Jebediah "Moarcashforsquad" Kerman get a picture of a 3D print of a paper cutout of the old Mk-2 capsule sent to their E-Mail address.
    Cynical? Why would you call me cynical?

Probably not:

• Multiplayer (they kept mentioning it before it went really quiet)
  • New Planets

I'm actually hoping for:

• PorkJet's Engine Revamp
  • The "visual overhaul" pass that they wanted to do at some point
  • Switchable fuel containers (it's been implemented by mods at least 3 times now, how hard can it be??)
  • A shorter 3.5-to-2.5 Adapter

As you can probably tell, I expect something rather underwhelming and the hype train does not stop at my station.

Edited by Kobymaru

I bet it's going to be something that's going to make part of the community really happy and excited, and part of the community really mad, and then we'll argue over what it should have been, how it should be done, why it was the wrong/right thing, and who should get the blame for it all.

You know, something we've never seen before.

2 hours ago, Kobymaru said:

What's even the point of that?

Anyway, I'm afraid it's gonna be one of these:

• Console Release
  • Localization (Relese) announcement
  • The new Surface Sample Animation!!!!! (... yay?)
  • A NEW CONTEST! Send in a picture of how you participate in SQUAD's viral marketing as a mindless KSP-vehicle. The user with the most Facebook-Shares of KSP-related content, the user with the most KSP-Stickers on their car and the first who legally changes their name to Jebediah "Moarcashforsquad" Kerman get a picture of a 3D print of a paper cutout of the old Mk-2 capsule sent to their E-Mail address.
    Cynical? Why would you call me cynical?

Probably not:

• Multiplayer (they kept mentioning it before it went really quiet)
  • New Planets

I'm actually hoping for:

• PorkJet's Engine Revamp
  • The "visual overhaul" pass that they wanted to do at some point
  • Switchable fuel containers (it's been implemented by mods at least 3 times now, how hard can it be??)
  • A shorter 3.5-to-2.5 Adapter

As you can probably tell, I expect something rather underwhelming and the hype train does not stop at my station.

I hope it's the console update :( We've been waiting so long

Not much longer now until Squad announces that Kerbals are, in fact, real, and that this has been a training and selection process the whole time.

I wonder who they will select to take back to their homeworld, along with Scott Manley?

I'm kind of hoping for a review of the science costs/gains, such that players are actually encouraged to leave Kerbin's SoI on default settings. Diminishing returns per body would be great, say the first 2-3 biomes are full science, and after that it declines by 50% per additional biome you visit. It's too easy/tempting to hang around on the same planet and farm it to death.

But possibly some sort of space telescopes that would slowly generate science over time, but have no value in second and third instances of the same device.

32 minutes ago, Foxster said:

It's either:

A - Russian localisation or

B - Purple naked space-alien women

Combine the two and you basically have one of the races in World of Warcraft :P 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.