Naval Battle League 2016-2018

@MiffedStarfish  Another turn done!

Dismayed at the demise of Joke Kerman (he was so young!) Doodcal in the QSS Poor Armour Design rendezvoused with and fired upon the Artemis:

5xO0kM7.png

ccVpiW1.png

After four shots, the Artemis was destroyed by Poor Armour Design (though actually the armor on it was quite good).

Meanwhile, the Itself salvaged some weaponry, and engaged its prototype cloaking device, masking its appearance to long-distance radar.

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9j14g86qvraajl3/persistent.sfs?dl=0

Your move!

P.S. For future reference, normally I put name persistance files as something other than "Persistent" and load them manually by pressing alt-f9 and selecting the correct save from the drop down menu. Just to avoid any confusion from now on all the persistence files i upload will actually be called "Persistent". 

Also, @Sgt Doomball, are you challenging me to a space battle as well?

@quasarrgames Ah. Unfortunately that means to win I would need to destroy the QSS itself with one I-beam salvo and the QSS poor armour design with one flea impactor while miraculously avoiding every single shot you fire at me. (the EX-3 has no weapons and no way to scavenge them) Still, i will take my turn later and hope to destroy one of your remaining ships with the Apollo. 

Is the Artemis completely destroyed?

Edited by MiffedStarfish

@Sgt Doomball ok I'm probably being really stupid but now I'm really confused. None of my or the QSS ships are called the Athena and my basic I-beams are not guided. And if you mean engaging the QSS never gonna give you up never gonna let you down never gonna turn around and desert you, the problem was range and firepower, not accuracy. As for using a rapier that's not a bad idea but using a thrust limited vector would probably be more weight efficent. 

9 hours ago, Sgt Doomball said:

@quasarrgames It is not in space, It's on the seas of Kerbin 

That sound great! One hiccup though: I don't use BDArmoury or any kid of boat mods. I could easily put together a stock boat with some stock missiles on it, and i'd encourage you to do the same, in order to keep this battle in Naval Battle Club spirit and prevent any compatibility issues.

5 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Sorry @quasarrgames, I can't take my turn today. :(

That's just fine :) take as much time as you need

@Sgt Doomball, you're missing the point. The NBC is a stock thing. Acquisition of mods is easy. Engineering the weapons and hulls yourself is hard. Many people like to do hard things; it's more satisfying that way. Most of the people on this thread are of that kind.

I might start development on a few wet-navy vessels myself in the near future. I'll probably engage in combat with you, if the vessels prove sufficiently resilient.

Sorry, i guess that was a bit of a misunderstanding: I don't think we can have a naval battle if we use mods.

Mostly, it makes it too easy to destroy things. I mean, this is all turn-based, so there's no opportunity to maneuver out of the way of fire or deploy countermeasures or fire back like real ships would do. So any ship would be torn apart by modded guns. There would be no engineering challenge in creating the best armour or weapons. There would be no suspense in finding out if a ship survived or perished. there would be no opportunity to use clever tactics to outsmart your enemy. It would just be taking turns reducing ships to shreds, and whoever got to go first would automatically win. Doesn't sound as fun, does it?

Also, i don't want to risk corrupting all my saves, or spend two hours re-copying my entire game just for one naval battle. Not enough reward for the effort.

So if the Bahamut is a stock warship, i suggest you break it out and prepare for fun times

@quasarrgames taking the apollo I rendezvoused with the QSS poor armour design (rather oddly the QSS itself had dissapeared) and fired my The I beam salvo doing no damage and my last remaining weapon, a flea impactor. Q7z9sVm.jpg

Then suddenly on impact this happened!

maxresdefault.jpg

Destroying everything in the quasar fleet but miraculously leaving the apollo in Damaged!

Seriously though, it actually did nothing. With no weapons remaining F-tech hyperedited in the white flag next to the QSS Poor armour design.  0mQQaCt.jpgGG, I really enjoyed that and even though I lost I'm pretty happy with how the fleet performed and I did put up a bit of a fight.  Just wondering, do you have any thoughts on the EX-2s, especially how I could improve them?

I also look forward to seeing Alien alloy BOATS if you are battling sgt doomball. :)

Edited by MiffedStarfish

@MiffedStarfish I really enjoyed battling with you too. Again, your armour was impeccable, and your guided missiles are some of the strongest weapons i've encountered so far. Your ships performed well for an experienced battler, let alone a first timer.

I guess the only thing that might help you in future battles, though unecessary, is to add claws to all your EX2 ships. Without claws on my ships i would not have won this battle.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.