Naval Battle League 2016-2018

heres my turn. I killed the ares. It's basically useless. I removed all the g3s with a large explosion, as they were quite clearly ripped off of darkowls torpedos, and while it has engines left, it's basically dead. all it has are 6 i beams, and ive already moved my ship the heck out of there.

The Obliteration lining up the shot.

The torpedo making impact just after activating the cluster warhead

Carnage! Note: the pilot survived, as i dont want to kill any kerbals. The debris field was massive, though i didnt get a screenshot. Also i camoflauged my ship. Good luck finding it. Also just realized the old one dissapeared becuase i set it as debris to hide it. My technology is catching up. In a week i already have a one shot shipkiller.

Here's the persist. Your turn darkowl.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt5grhmw4ws47on/persistent.sfs?dl=0

Did you damage the Ares or the Apollo? Because that's a picture of a heavily damaged Apollo. 

mdAEzZV.jpg

Yes, original original one shot shipkiller missile... notice any similarities between them and my G4H?

RiumS8N.png

And the apollo is not dead. It has engines and six I-Beams, which was enough to cut your carrier in half last battle. 

I removed all the g3s with a large explosion, as they were quite clearly ripped off of darkowls torpedos.

Come on! I have had my G3 Torpedoes for months! Darkowl literally admitted to getting them of the black market! :D

Edited by MiffedStarfish

5 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Come on! I have had my G3 Torpedoes for months! Darkowl literally admitted to getting them of the black market! :D

Just because they're off the black market- I mean..... From our... design.... facility- doesn't mean they're useless!

Also, don't expect the turn for a little bit; I've got a mountain of IRL stuffs to plow through

However, I checked in on the Isles Debris, and yeah. It's gone. How did you break my missiles?!?! There's at least 2 missiles with no I-beam and a couple without engines!

14 hours ago, ShadowGoat said:

I removed all the g3s with a large explosion, as they were quite clearly ripped off of darkowls torpedos,

hahahahaha YES

(Final note) I had to admit, that was a TON of space debris around Minnimus. When I loaded in I was like "WELL THEN THIS IS INSANE" took like 10 minutes to find a target (The Helios (>:D) in the map view). I quicksaved, but as soon as I was preparing for the intersect, power outage dead. So that happened last night. Then I've got a school thing tonight at 6. *sigh* IRL REALLY doesn't want me to play this

3 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

If only I can join....

Oh wait.

Just watch and learn for now my friend. I made the mistake of going in guns blazing without doing my research. That's how we lost 2 brave crew. #RIP #NeverForget #WhyAmIUsingHashtags

Full ship list

Spoiler

Fleet

Ship Name

Class

Ship

Current SOI

Status

Kills

IFS

Dauntless (F)*

Destroyer

IP-892A

Minnimus

In Battle

IFS

East Isles

Destroyer

IP-892A

Minnimus

Destroyed (Replacement being created)

OFV

Jebediah

Destroyer

IP-892A

Laythe

Standby

OFV

Nemesis

Destroyer

IP-892A

Laythe

Standby

OFV

Penguin

Destroyer

IP-892A

Laythe

Standby

OFV

Illustrious

Destroyer

IP-892A

Laythe

Standby

IFS

Revenge

Destroyer

IP-892A

Kerbin

Patrol

————————

————————

————————

————————

————————

————————

————————

OFV

Illustrious (F)*

Battle-Cruiser

IF286

Laythe

Standby

OFV

Aegis

Battle-Cruiser

IF286

Laythe

Standby

OFV

Reliant

Battle-Cruiser

IF286

Laythe

Standby

OFV

Kerbin

Battle-Cruiser

IF286

Laythe

Standby

IFS

Ender

Battle-Cruiser

IF286

Kerbin

Patrol

OFV

Rebel

Battle-Cruiser

IF286

Laythe

Standby

————————

————————

————————

————————

————————

————————

————————

OFV

Revenge (F)*

Fighter

IF-369

Laythe

Standby

OFV

Apollo

Fighter

IF-369

Laythe

Standby

OFV

Artemis

Fighter

IF-369

Laythe

Standby

IFS

Interceptor

Fighter

IF-369

Kerbin

Patrol

OFV

Ares

Fighter

IF-369

Laythe

Standby

OFV

Helios

Fighter

IF-369

Laythe

Standby

OFV

Fury

Fighter

IF-369

Laythe

Standby

————————

————————

————————

————————

————————

————————

————————

OFV

National

Destroyer

IP-298

Laythe

Standby

OFV

United

Destroyer

IP-298

Laythe

Standby

OFV

Ford

Destroyer

IP-298

Jool

Patrol

OFV

Dallas

Destroyer

IP-298

Jool

Patrol

OFV

Kerbal

Destroyer

IP-298

Jool

Patrol

————————

————————

————————

————————

————————

————————

————————

OFV

Intrepid

Battleship

OF-991

Laythe

Standby

OFV

Texas

Battleship

OF-991

Laythe

Standby

OFV

Arizona

Battleship

OF-991

Jool

Patrol

OFV

Florida

Battleship

OF-991

Jool

Patrol

OFV

New York

Battleship

OF-991

Jool

Patrol

————————

————————

————————

————————

————————

————————

————————

OFV

Washington

Fighter II

OF-111

Laythe

Standby

OFV

Colorado

Fighter II

OF-111

Laythe

Standby

OFV

Virginia

Fighter II

OF-111

Jool

Patrol

OFV

Oregon

Fighter II

OF-111

Jool

Patrol

OFV

Houston

Fighter II

OF-111

Jool

Patrol

Again, let me know if I stole your names (I'm keeping the Greek stuff though)

2 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

But all the Greek names were my names! :( Looking forward to your turn.

My bad. I named these all before I came up with a name replacement system and TBH I'm too lazy to change the names to fit.

Me too! I only have to move like 25m/s, but the maneuver node kept on wiggling about. I'm enlisting the help of a friend, who'll act as captain of the ship until I learn how to properly do this junk. 

4 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Well the only POC (Point of control) is the cockpit. I mean that the maneuver node is just going insane when I get close to the end of the burn. Maybe a little break will let her get normalized again :/

Try putting thrust limiters on the engines and don't use RCS

Are you doing the thing where you divide the burn time by 2, then burn with that many seconds to the manoeuvre? Also @Joseph Kerman, I would recommend building and testing your ships against other people's a lot before battling someone. :) If you need some vessels to test against, feel free to use Some of mine.

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

Are you doing the thing where you divide the burn time by 2, then burn with that many seconds to the manoeuvre?

I'm slightly less technical than that. As in, "fiddle with maneuver nodes and hope for the best, and then burn for as long as the computer wants" is my strategy

2 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Also @Joseph Kerman, I would recommend building and testing your ships against other people's a lot before battling someone. :) If you need some vessels to test against, feel free to use Some of mine.

BDArmory's weapon manager won't work for me. It is in the right spot, all is there, got KSP 1.2.2, but the BD toolbars won't show.

Nice idea, but needs some MINOR improvements. Just checking, it's darkowls turn right now, right?

Edit: In other news, I just finished the EX-9 Eos Gen 2, which reworks the I-Beams. As opposed to the old, awkward stacked double I-Beam based rows, which features docking ports but actually clipped into the armour when released, the Gen 2 houses all the I-Beams in one compact custom shaped pod, which ejects automatically and is easily reloaded. It does all this while retaining the same relatively low 375 part count. I don't have any right now, but I will show pictures tomorrow. 

Edited by MiffedStarfish

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.