[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

25 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

@rbray89 I have also just noticed this. I am trying to get some custom cube map layers working so created a Vanilla install just with EVE to take a look at how you have done it with the supplied EVE Configs and it seems the cube map Cloud layers are not working anymore and as Halomx says above, the EVE GUI is showing the cube map path as invalid. Has there been a change to the way the cube maps are applied?

Is there any possibility you could explain a bit further on how these are to be applied? I was just in the first instance going to lay down the following 6 images so that I could orient my cube map images properly in future but alas it is not working for me.

EDIT: Looking back the past few pages you stated that you are rewriting the cube map system. Is this the reason for the above?

EDIT EDIT: And also, just theory-crafting here, with the isClamped parameter would that allow you to create a "Hurricane" like texture to place on a body without having to create it with a load of transparent, blank space in the texture as was required previously to stop it repeating, if so, rotation could be applied to the smaller, non-framed Hurricane texture to make it rotate as per reality? Am I correct in thinking that this is the intended usage of isClamped? I apologise for the many questions.

The layout should be as follows:

|Y+|
x-|z+|x+|z-
  |y-|

I'm thinking of remaking the cubemap system because as it stands I have to build the cubemap from textures then free the original textures, and the result can't be compressed. It has a lot of holes basically, so It'd be nice to just pass 6 textures to the shader to take care of it. 

Yes,clamping allows one to scale without repeating. This would let you do the storm as an example. You would want the borders to be transparent though.

Hello again @rbray89! I didn't realize you did DTL and EVE both! :) 

In any case, the issue I mentioned in the DTL thread here appears to be caused by EVE. Upon advice from a couple in the DTL thread, I uninstalled EVE and the lag issue I had described as well as the issue with returning to the VAB have not returned. Can you think of anything EVE might do to cause those? Is there any info I can provide to troubleshoot?

Thank you again!

This is a great mod, it's been out for a long time :)

It'd be awesome if there was a feature that would actually allow those clouds to begin producing rain. Then, this mod along with FAR & Kerbal Weather Systems (Wind mod) would be awesome!

OK, I'm not sure if it was mentioned somewhere already, but for all those, who can't see city lights because of Scatterer - Dynamic Texture Loader solves the problem. So yeah, thank you for the great job, rbray89 :).

EDIT: Sorry, that was wrong, DTL doesn't solve it :(

Edited by Paul_Sawyer

Hey @rbray89, few questions. I'm running the latest dev release from Github of this and I'm running into two problems. 

The first one is that the CityLights texture is being applied to Kerbin on the night side given an interesting and well... ugly result as you can see here. Is there a way to edit this that I've missed or is this something that needs to be changed in the plugin files?

Secondly, with Scatterer installed once scaled space gets loaded both the night and light city textures are disabled. I tried using DTL as mentioned above but it still caused the issue. Reporting this to blackrack as well.

Logs:

KSP.log

output_log.txt

Thanks rbray!

Both BoulderCo and EVE are installed in gamedata, but I'm seeing no clouds or other such effects in my game. When I open up the gui I get "No config! Please add a config with the content of "EVE_ATMOSPHERE{}" to populate." errors for most of the menus. Is there something I'm missing here?

Edited by parrotcarrot

7 hours ago, ftd-phoenix said:

It's a nice mod but  I found this problem . I just have MJ ke and your EVE  what's happened ?

I'd like to refer you to this post on the Dev. thread where rbray89 stated that it is because the required textures are not yet included: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/90956-wip-environmental-visual-enhancements-development/&do=findComment&comment=2336047

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

I'd like to refer you to this post on the Dev. thread where rbray89 stated that it is because the required textures are not yet included: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/90956-wip-environmental-visual-enhancements-development/&do=findComment&comment=2336047

oops .seems nothing I can do but waiting for next update.anyhow,thx a lot .

@rbray89 - I would like to use a scaled space colour map texture as a cloud layer main texture but it seems that the cloud layer textures are flipped vertically. I have poked around and scratched my head for quite a while in the EVE GUI but I cannot seemed to find a combination of anything that essentially mirrors the main texture vertically. I presume that EVE can only rotate textures?

Is there any way I can get an effective vertical mirror, if not, I will have to create a new hi-res texture; which isn't an issue but when considering footprint optimization its pretty horrible?

8 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

@rbray89 - I would like to use a scaled space colour map texture as a cloud layer main texture but it seems that the cloud layer textures are flipped vertically. I have poked around and scratched my head for quite a while in the EVE GUI but I cannot seemed to find a combination of anything that essentially mirrors the main texture vertically. I presume that EVE can only rotate textures?

Is there any way I can get an effective vertical mirror, if not, I will have to create a new hi-res texture; which isn't an issue but when considering footprint optimization its pretty horrible?

Is the texture a DDS? If so, you need to save it flipped as when KSP loads a DDS file it flips the texture vertically.

Hi all, 

Thanks for the mod. I was wondering how should I config this mod to work with RSS? I have seen some videos of people using just EVE with RSS and Scaterer. I don't want use the full RVE from Pingopete but just the clouds layers and lights from EVE.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Yes but I think the issue here is that EVE does not flip a .dds texture vertically when applying it to a cloud layer. Therefore, is there anyway to do this within EVE?

EVE shouldn't have to flip it, KSP should do that automatically when the DDS file loads.

hi there,

I'm working on a rescale mod and I'd like to add EVE compatibility.

I know that I should edit the altitude since, when reducing the size of the planet, the clouds could end up way too distant from the planet.

I will also need to edit the deactivateDistance in the PQS_MANAGER since, when increasing the size of the planet, the clouds could end up above the deactivate distance (and therefore not be rendered)

is there any other parameter I should edit? for example, how is the thickness of a volumetric cloud defined?

Edited by Sigma88

35 minutes ago, Legate Loginod said:

Can someone help me please? This glitches will never go away even if i reinstall the mod multiple times :/

http://imgur.com/a/oLnmA

Also , this one is the one that annoys me the most

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt298/matt0677/screenshot28_zpswv7ch2r8.png

Logs 

KSP.log

output_log.txt

I think if you browse through the thread a bit you'd find this issue coming up a lot.  I believe each time it's been linked to a bug in core KSP rather than anything wrong with EVE.  I don't believe anything can be done about it...at least not by Rbray89

Edited by Ignath

1 hour ago, Ignath said:

I think if you browse through the thread a bit you'd find this issue coming up a lot.  I believe each time it's been linked to a bug in core KSP rather than anything wrong with EVE.  I don't believe anything can be done about it...at least not by Rbray89

Really? Because i see a lot of videos where people are using EVE with no problem at all :c

I don't know if this is intended or not, but when I am at the surface of Laythe, some of the terrain is dark blue. Where can I disable that change? And I don't mean the cloud shadows, they are fine, but the terrain is colored differently.

7 minutes ago, Xeiki said:

I don't know if this is intended or not, but when I am at the surface of Laythe, some of the terrain is dark blue. Where can I disable that change? And I don't mean the cloud shadows, they are fine, but the terrain is colored differently.

stock laythe has that problem too :)

So, that means that there is no fix? Guess if have to pass this mod by then. Thanks anyways!

Edit: Now I have that issue even when I uninstalled this mod. Is there a way to fix this? I thought once i revert back to the unmodded version the stock issue would disappear as well.

Edited by Xeiki

1 minute ago, Xeiki said:

So, that means that there is no fix? Guess if have to pass this mod by then. Thanks anyways!

there's actually a fix, changing the planet using kopernicus.

but as far as I know that bug has absolutely nothing to do with EVE

you can uninstall EVE, load the save where you landed on the blue spot, and see if the land looks anything different ;)