[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

20 hours ago, Bitmouse said:

Hey guys, I am interested in using some form of visual enhancement.

So far I am looking at:

Environmental Visual Enhancement

Stock Visual Enhancement

and Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2.

I like that the first two are available via CKAN.

Any thoughts?

Realism/beauty being my main focus.

Thanks for reading.

EVE and SVE are both great. You might also enjoy Scatterer if your operating system and RAM can handle all 3 at once. My belief (correct me anyone if I am wrong) is that Astronomer's packs are all out-of-date and they don't work. You don't need Astronomer's pack if you run SVE as they are intended to provide the same things.

Hello again.
I'm still having this issue with clouds disappearing at 55 km altitude. Previously the workaround for me was to install scatterer - somehow it fixed things, but with the new version of it it's not the case anymore. Is there a fix for it?

Is this what Eve should look like with this mod? Seems kinda boring. I just installed it for the first time(using EVE-1.05-4, both x86-Configs and x86-EVE from github), so aside from the Kerbin screenshots I've seen I don't really know what to expect.

Or is OpenGL on 64-bit Linux not supported? (The clouds on Kerbin look mighty fine though.)

screenshot7.jpgThere's definitely several cloud layers, and my base at 4000 m altitude is in some kind of fog (I have to turn off all 4 cloud layers to see the sun). But I'd much rather prefer some Kerbin-ish clouds to this soup, even if this look might be realistic.

Is there a way to change the amount of clouds on Kerbin ? When i play my whole Planet Kerbin is just white, about 90% of the Atmosphere is covered in clouds and it just looks not nice. i can´t even find the KSC from Orbit.

On 17. 2. 2016 at 1:43 AM, ShadyAct said:

I'm getting this glitch where only half of the celestial body has cloud cover. The first imgur album is of a stock install with EVE installed manually and the second has EVE and a lot of other mods installed through CKAN but the bug is more readily visible. Logs are from the stock install. I've been using EVE since it came out I think and I never experienced this. I'm considering rolling back.

http://imgur.com/a/z32pc

http://imgur.com/a/aX77X

KSP.log

output_log.txt

The issue was resolved by removing Kopernicus.

Hello I have the same issue.

3OqWGRy.png  

And in the map view it is not there:

927S60f.png

24 minutes ago, Jovzin said:

Hello I have the same issue.

3OqWGRy.png  

And in the map view it is not there:

927S60f.png

Your going to have to keep recycling the map view over and over. Sorry, but it's the only way.

4 hours ago, rbray89 said:

Dev build updated. Now supports individual textures to be used instead of Unity Cubemaps. This will allow for compression AND 8K textures for each face.

Do you suspect it will have any effect on the ability of users on OS X to properly load textures over 4K, or 8k, whatever that limit is for Unity on OS X?

2 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

Do you suspect it will have any effect on the ability of users on OS X to properly load textures over 4K, or 8k, whatever that limit is for Unity on OS X?

Nope. Though texture creators could easily use 4k maps which is still much better than 2k.

Hey rbray using the newest dev version I'm still having trouble getting DDS textures to work. I've only tested 8k DDS files though so it might be the cause but I wanted to report this first as I can't fit in testing 4k just yet. I've tried using DXT1 RGB, DXT1 ARGB, and DXT5 ARGB with no luck, all of them end up looking like the pictures below or something along the same lines. I don't see anything in the debug menu either. I'm going to try out compressed PNGs as well and see if this happens and I'll report back, just wanted to tell you where I'm at right now.

Spoiler

pgAA9jx.jpg

5GOV94S.jpg

Hi, I`m hoping someone can help me figure out how to get the lovely clouds back.

I`ve just started using Realism Overhaul with Real Solar System and I installed EVE through CKAN but it has not done anything, I`m suspecting there is a load of clouds inside the much larger (than kerbin) earth. Do I need a .cfg for EVE to get it working, should I download RVE instead or is there another option I have not thought of?

Hi rbray89

I just started to test your latest development work and have found a strange issues. Just using your configs file I renamed BoulderCo to Visuals and changed the configs. That worked. When I moved Visuals into GameData/10xKerbol and updated the config files when I go to launch a vessel the game crashes really hard. It locks up my machine hard. I have the Player.log at http://www.infradead.org/~jsimmons/Player.log. I hope this is the proper place to post results when testing the latest EVE or is it the development thread that I should use?

@rbray89, just an update regarding the cubemap stuff. I tested 4k DDS textures and got the same issue as before. So I then went ahead and tested 8k compressed PNG textures and that actually worked (although it is using 8GB of RAM :confused:), so I think it is something with the DDS textures that is making it happen, not the higher resolution. If you need anything from me to look into it further just let me know.

53 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

@rbray89, just an update regarding the cubemap stuff. I tested 4k DDS textures and got the same issue as before. So I then went ahead and tested 8k compressed PNG textures and that actually worked (although it is using 8GB of RAM :confused:), so I think it is something with the DDS textures that is making it happen, not the higher resolution. If you need anything from me to look into it further just let me know.

Hmmm... Ok. I suspect that my code to re-read the textures may be broken then. I'll have to resolve that.

1 hour ago, jsimmons said:

Hi rbray89

I just started to test your latest development work and have found a strange issues. Just using your configs file I renamed BoulderCo to Visuals and changed the configs. That worked. When I moved Visuals into GameData/10xKerbol and updated the config files when I go to launch a vessel the game crashes really hard. It locks up my machine hard. I have the Player.log at http://www.infradead.org/~jsimmons/Player.log. I hope this is the proper place to post results when testing the latest EVE or is it the development thread that I should use?

The most likely issue is that there is a typo somewhere. The dev branch outputs very helpful debug info to KSP.log that is easy to understand by anyone. Look in there for errors.

3 hours ago, rbray89 said:

The most likely issue is that there is a typo somewhere. The dev branch outputs very helpful debug info to KSP.log that is easy to understand by anyone. Look in there for errors.

Ugh. Your latest development code is exposing a bug in my graphic's driver. I found the issue even with your default setup. I guess I need to wait for a update before I can continue testing :-(