[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

1 hour ago, The Optimist said:

Well now I'm not getting any clouds :( Scatterer says EVE is downloaded, but no clouds are showing up. A little help? Do I need Kopernicus?

No, you don't need Kopernicus.  Have you downloaded the EVE default config files as well?

Edited by Brigadier

On February 12, 2016 at 2:25 PM, fallout2077 said:

RVE is the only visual overhaul for RSS (that I know of). When it works, it is a captivatingly beautiful work of art. It's author, Pingopete, has been performing work towards an update to make the mod work in 1.0.5, and by following the advice on the mod's thread, you can find a WIP release of the update. Here is a link to the mod: RVE.

@fallout2077

Thanks you Very much! 

I'm getting this glitch where only half of the celestial body has cloud cover. The first imgur album is of a stock install with EVE installed manually and the second has EVE and a lot of other mods installed through CKAN but the bug is more readily visible. Logs are from the stock install. I've been using EVE since it came out I think and I never experienced this. I'm considering rolling back.

http://imgur.com/a/z32pc

http://imgur.com/a/aX77X

KSP.log

output_log.txt

The issue was resolved by removing Kopernicus.

Edited by ShadyAct

Hey, How would one go about configuring the clouds so that they glow in the dark (Like Laythe from Astronomer's Edge of Oblivion way back when). I've played around with the setting while in obit but I've only managed to figure out detailScale and the colours/alpha

58 minutes ago, MarcRan17 said:

Hey, How would one go about configuring the clouds so that they glow in the dark (Like Laythe from Astronomer's Edge of Oblivion way back when). I've played around with the setting while in obit but I've only managed to figure out detailScale and the colours/alpha

It's not possible to do this in the current version of EVE. Hopefully rbray will add that feature back in at a later point :D 

19 hours ago, Shizzazzle said:

Is it currently possible to turn off certain shaders? I would like to be able to choose which ones I want and don't want. I tried deleting them (in this case, city lights and terrain) but that seemed to break the clouds on the surface. 

You can just delete the city lights and terrain folders in the BoulderCo folder and they will not show up, you'll just get the clouds.

I've been using this mod with 6.4x kerbin mod and noticed that the game chugs a lot whenever I look at the clouds... is there anyway to improve the frame rate while using this mod because I really like it except for the fact it slows my laptop down.

Ok, I got a question. I installed this mod and looks beautiful, however, my orbits and maneuver nodes have become very difficult to see against the background of the planet. Is there any way to alter the intensity of color, or change the color altogether for orbits and nodes?

I watched Scott Manley using the exact same mod and he doesn't seem to have same problem, his orbits are crisp and clean.

On 2/17/2016 at 7:43 PM, ShadyAct said:

I'm getting this glitch where only half of the celestial body has cloud cover. The first imgur album is of a stock install with EVE installed manually and the second has EVE and a lot of other mods installed through CKAN but the bug is more readily visible. Logs are from the stock install. I've been using EVE since it came out I think and I never experienced this. I'm considering rolling back.

http://imgur.com/a/z32pc

http://imgur.com/a/aX77X

KSP.log

output_log.txt

The issue was resolved by removing Kopernicus.

I have been having the same issue; I think it has to do with night and day clouds (night clouds being black) it thinks the southern hemisphere is in the dark.

found the code that caused the hassle for 64bit :

private void Awake()
        {
            useEditor = false;
            ToolTipBackground = new Texture2D(4, 4);
            List<Color> colors = new List<Color>();
            for(int x = 0; x < ToolTipBackground.width* ToolTipBackground.height; x++)
            {
                colors.Add(Color.white);
            }
            ToolTipBackground.SetPixels(colors.ToArray());

if(HighLogic.LoadedScene == GameScenes.LOADING && Managers == null)
            {
                Managers = EVEManagerBase.GetManagers();
            }

Setup(false);
            StartCoroutine(SetupDelay());
        }

@rbray89 might want to rewrite this for 64x linux builds?

EDIT: trying to fix the issue myself.. will publish results soon.

EDIT2: the issue is with the piece of code above. this Actually prevents stuff from loading.

There is a second error which is this:

Spoiler

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
  at System.Linq.Check.SourceAndPredicate (System.Object source, System.Object predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Where[EVEManagerBase] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Setup (Boolean late) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelWasLoaded(Int32)

which is due to the : ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded error. which is caused by the problematic code above

This basically sums up why 64x are not able to run this few versions.... I truly hope someone or rbray will fix this. 

Edited by Joshwoo69

When I have E.V.E. installed in KSP 1.0.5, I get stuff like this happening on Laythe (the dark blue discoloration in the lowlands).

HQUIWyi.jpg

When I uninstall E.V.E., this problem does not occur.

The only mention of this I see earlier in this thread says that this is a problem with stock KSP... but I don't get it showing up in stock KSP.

Does anybody here have a link to any thread that shows this is a stock problem? If not, and it's related to E.V.E., what could be causing this and is there a workaround to fix this?

ADDENDUM: Just having E.V.E. installed doesn't cause this to happen. It only happens when I turn on clouds for Laythe. With clouds are turned off for Laythe (delete Laythe from the config file) I get no weird blotches on the surface.

Also, these blotches are not visible in map view, or when I zoom out really far when in surface view (a bit farther than shown in the picture above).

Edited by Brotoro

Hey guys, I am interested in using some form of visual enhancement.

So far I am looking at:

Environmental Visual Enhancement

Stock Visual Enhancement

and Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2.

I like that the first two are available via CKAN.

Any thoughts?

Realism/beauty being my main focus.

Thanks for reading.

Hey @rbray89, can the cube map system read DDS files? I've tried testing it with DXT1 with both RGB and RGBA with no luck. Pingopete suggested trying DXT5 which I will try when I get back to my editing computer but I wanted to poke you to see if you had any insight as to if the cube map system can even read them. Thanks for any help!

3 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Hey @rbray89, can the cube map system read DDS files? I've tried testing it with DXT1 with both RGB and RGBA with no luck. Pingopete suggested trying DXT5 which I will try when I get back to my editing computer but I wanted to poke you to see if you had any insight as to if the cube map system can even read them. Thanks for any help!

Not ATM. I'm working on a solution so that all files can be used, with much better memory to boot. 

On 2/26/2016 at 6:42 AM, Joshwoo69 said:

found the code that caused the hassle for 64bit :

private void Awake()
        {
            useEditor = false;
            ToolTipBackground = new Texture2D(4, 4);
            List<Color> colors = new List<Color>();
            for(int x = 0; x < ToolTipBackground.width* ToolTipBackground.height; x++)
            {
                colors.Add(Color.white);
            }
            ToolTipBackground.SetPixels(colors.ToArray());

if(HighLogic.LoadedScene == GameScenes.LOADING && Managers == null)
            {
                Managers = EVEManagerBase.GetManagers();
            }

Setup(false);
            StartCoroutine(SetupDelay());
        }

@rbray89 might want to rewrite this for 64x linux builds?

EDIT: trying to fix the issue myself.. will publish results soon.

EDIT2: the issue is with the piece of code above. this Actually prevents stuff from loading.

There is a second error which is this:

Reveal hidden contents

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
  at System.Linq.Check.SourceAndPredicate (System.Object source, System.Object predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Where[EVEManagerBase] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Setup (Boolean late) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelWasLoaded(Int32)

which is due to the : ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded error. which is caused by the problematic code above

This basically sums up why 64x are not able to run this few versions.... I truly hope someone or rbray will fix this. 

Not sure why this would be happening... I might try a few things to get around it.

17 hours ago, Brotoro said:

I use Alt+0  (zero)

Thx that works, strange that there is no mention of this combination elsewhere.. 

The reason I needed the settings was to disable the clouds in map view as it is hard to see certain maneuver nodes, ships etc. because of the bright background. I couldn't find an option though, is it even possible?