[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

12 hours ago, Streetwind said:

In the meantime: is it normal that Kerbin's rotational period was changed from 5h 59m 9s (stock) to 5h 11m 21s (NH)? Weirdly enough I can't spot anything in Kerbin's config that would cause this to happen, yet that's what the game outputs for rotational period.

thats odd, i don't touch it's rotational period so i don't break any other mod that could rely on it (contract packs, RT maybe) I have no idea why it changed, ill have a look at some point though

14 hours ago, Streetwind said:

In the meantime: is it normal that Kerbin's rotational period was changed from 5h 59m 9s (stock) to 5h 11m 21s (NH)? Weirdly enough I can't spot anything in Kerbin's config that would cause this to happen, yet that's what the game outputs for rotational period.

That is actually normal, because as Kerbin orbits Kerbol it automatically loses time because the light is at a different angle.

Thats is, IIRC.

2 hours ago, KillAshley said:

thats odd, i don't touch it's rotational period so i don't break any other mod that could rely on it (contract packs, RT maybe) I have no idea why it changed, ill have a look at some point though

kerbin has solarRotationPeriod = true

which means the sideral rotation period is calculated by ksp in order to get an exact 6 hours of solar rotation period

when you reparent kerbin since the orbital speed changes you get a different sideral rotation speed

if you want to keep the same sideral rotation speed as stock use:

rotationPeriod = 21549.4251830898
solarRotationPeriod = False

There's probably a really simple reason for this but after installing New Horizons I'm only seeing the stock planetary system.

Here's what I did.

• Downloaded the latest version of the mod v2.0.0
  • Created a copy of my game install and extracted the New_Horizons folder to the GameData folder in the copied install structure.
  • Following this I ran the game from a new shortcut to the 64bit version of the game in the new folder structure.

So far it's just the stock system that I'm seeing. Is there anything in addition to installing the mod that I need to do access the changed to the planetary system?

I have installed New Horizon 2.0 in Kerbal 1.1.3, it works well but unfortunately the satellites and stations in orbit around Kerbin change gradually. Increasing the time, it increases the eccentricity until the orbit becomes parabolic and it enters in the gravitational influence of Sonnah. Constantly I had to adjust the orbital parameters with Hyperedit otherwise I lose all satellites!
For the moment I had to remove this beautiful mod.
Has anyone encountered the same problem?

Its a known issue with Kopernicus. I recommend you read the discussion starting about half way down page 75 of this thread to get the information and a couple of suggested fixes.

35 minutes ago, _Augustus_ said:

I have a solution to the orbit bug...

Principia.

Assuming it doesn't destabilize everything it should work pretty well.

I remember that Principia will probably cause the end of NH in a few years.

On 27/07/2016 at 2:25 AM, Oronzo said:

I have installed New Horizon 2.0 in Kerbal 1.1.3, it works well but unfortunately the satellites and stations in orbit around Kerbin change gradually. Increasing the time, it increases the eccentricity until the orbit becomes parabolic and it enters in the gravitational influence of Sonnah. Constantly I had to adjust the orbital parameters with Hyperedit otherwise I lose all satellites!
For the moment I had to remove this beautiful mod.
Has anyone encountered the same problem?

There are 2 ways to fix this. One involves a having a copy of the original save and going to the tracking station on that, which will mess with orbits, but when you go back to the original save there will be no problem. Another solution is to download the patch file made by @Sigma88, which will create a fake body that your satellites will orbit instead of Kerbin. It requires you to know how to edit the persistent file to change your ship's reference body. 

On 7/10/2016 at 5:03 AM, KillAshley said:

however there is a highly experimental cfg i would like some volunteers to try. @Sigma88 wrote a cfg that should remove the issue, however i havent actually had time to test it myself due to a bad work schedule. For those interested in testing it, it's install is pretty simple;

1. Download this cfg
  2. place the cfg anywhere inside your GameData folder
  3. Run the game

So just some feedback.

If I run this cfg RT breaks and throws endless NullRefs. Not sure why, so I'll just do your other workaround.

Thanks for the cool mod. A few questions:

• is there a delta-v map somewhere ?
  • is there a single table with science multipliers per body ? I found infos on some wiki, but it's one body per page
  • how do you go to Aptur easily ? After escaping Kerbin with some 800dv, I'm off the target orbit and have to come back, and this is quite difficult without getting re-intercepted by Kerbin
  • I want to see what science I have already, but on the science report page, only stock planets are listed. Is this a known limitation ?

50 minutes ago, hisnaider said:

I don't know how to install this mod, someone help!!!
I put the folder "New_Horizon" in GameData and didn't work, I put in GameData / Kopernicus / Config and didn't work too

Ok, now delete everything. Put Kopernicus in your GameData with the latest version of Module Manager, the put the New Horizon folder in your GameData. Enjoy!

38 minutes ago, hisnaider said:

Didn't work friend, is this mod compatible with KSP 1.1.0?

This mod needs Kopernicus to load correctly. If you're still on 1.1.0, for whatever reason, try to download the Kopernicus version for 1.1 or, suggested, update to 1.1.3

On 7/10/2016 at 6:03 AM, KillAshley said:

however there is a highly experimental cfg i would like some volunteers to try. @Sigma88 wrote a cfg that should remove the issue, however i havent actually had time to test it myself due to a bad work schedule. For those interested in testing it, it's install is pretty simple;

1. Download this cfg
  2. place the cfg anywhere inside your GameData folder
  3. Run the game

Feedback would be much appreciated, and remember to back up your saves just in case!

Haven't gotten far enough to actually see whether this config addresses the problem, but I've encountered a problem with it. It seems that this alternate point around we're orbiting doesn't share Kerbin's science-data values, so when getting into orbit for the first time and running an experiment, it's shown as a "Mystery Goo Observation From K?rbin," and is assigned a value of 100+ science points.

13 hours ago, billybob579 said:

Haven't gotten far enough to actually see whether this config addresses the problem, but I've encountered a problem with it. It seems that this alternate point around we're orbiting doesn't share Kerbin's science-data values, so when getting into orbit for the first time and running an experiment, it's shown as a "Mystery Goo Observation From K?rbin," and is assigned a value of 100+ science points.

Yes that's because I didn't change the science output in that cfg.

@KillAshley should be able to fix that

As well as the name, is it displaying "K?rbin" with a question mark?

Because it should be ë iirc