blackrack

[WIP][1.6.1] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (v0.0540 - 17/03/2019) FIXED TSUNAMI BUG !!!1!1!

Recommended Posts

Just an update on my situation @blackrack to tell you last version corrected my issue as well.

Great reactivity man :)

(Sorry for not having replied sooner, but I think we're not in the same timezone :-p )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Cooboo said:

I know this is an ongoing issue but I just want to report that my sun also appears as a tiny dot in atmosphere with out the flare

Can you try the file I posted in the last page?

30 minutes ago, Svm420 said:

Do you plan to add editability of these parameters in game? Thanks!

They're editable only through the config file but if you revert flight or change scenes it'll load the new settings.

2 minutes ago, Baleine said:

Just an update on my situation @blackrack to tell you last version corrected my issue as well.

Great reactivity man :)

(Sorry for not having replied sooner, but I think we're not in the same timezone :-p )

Great!

Edited by blackrack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, blackrack said:

They're editable only through the config file but if you revert flight or change scenes it'll load the new settings.

Perfect thanks for the heads up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@blackrack

I tried editing the config for the sun flare in the last position as you indicated. I am not seeing any difference after a scene change. It is the last digit on the 2 lists, and only those, the correct position for what I need to decrease inversely to scale? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@blackrack: I'm having issues with Sigma Dimensions.

Quote

 

// Base Settings

SigmaDimensions
{
    Resize = 6.4
    Rescale = 6.4
    Atmosphere = 1.285
    dayLengthMultiplier = 4
}

 

// Advanced Settings

@SigmaDimensions
{
    geeASLmultiplier = 1
    landscape = 0.25
    atmoVisualEffect = 6.4
    resizeScatter = 0.25
    CustomSoISize = 0
    CustomRingSize = 0
    atmoASL = 1
    tempASL = 1
}

 

 

 

 

These are the settings I have and It causes the sun glow to disappear.

Edited by davidy12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CamillyCA said:

I have strange artifact with the new version (0.0230 and 0.0231), it appears both on my win64 and on a clean win32 install with only scatterer. Artifact only appears from zenith to night.

This not happen with Terrain shadow off. Any idea?

 

 

 

I noticed this as well, however for whatever reason it stopped doing this after a couple of seconds of time warp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @blackrack what RGB scale is the config tool using? 0-1 or 0-255. I'm guessing 0-1 I just want to make sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seeing an artifact on Linux/Nvidia that's similar to what @CamillyCA is reporting, except the black lines are more horizontal:

cNF8YC6.jpg

 

It also happens on the Mun:

7MuZbQP.jpg

Also, I'm seeing some kind of stacking-order issue between the haze and ground clutter:

MCk8ahx.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Hey, look, SpaceX has scatterer installed:

 
CcGNejgUYAAa4_Z.jpg:large

I legitimately cannot tell whether this is a real picture or Scatterer, that's how damn good this mod is! I would insert hailprobe, but this isn't the Orbiter Forum :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CamillyCA said:

I have strange artifact with the new version (0.0230 and 0.0231), it appears both on my win64 and on a clean win32 install with only scatterer. Artifact only appears from zenith to night.

This not happen with Terrain shadow off. Any idea?

3 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

I noticed this as well, however for whatever reason it stopped doing this after a couple of seconds of time warp.

25 minutes ago, Vegemeister said:

I'm seeing an artifact on Linux/Nvidia that's similar to what @CamillyCA is reporting, except the black lines are more horizontal:

It also happens on the Mun:

That is known as "shadow acne" and happens with shadow mapping techniques, all I can suggest is to try bumping up your shadow quality (via bumping up the renderin quality slider of KSP) or playing with the shadow cascades setting. You can also try decreasing the shadow distance from the planetsList.cfg file in scatterer.

 

28 minutes ago, Vegemeister said:

Also, I'm seeing some kind of stacking-order issue between the haze and ground clutter:

This could be fixable but I'm not sure.

 

5 hours ago, Svm420 said:

@blackrack

I tried editing the config for the sun flare in the last position as you indicated. I am not seeing any difference after a scene change. It is the last digit on the 2 lists, and only those, the correct position for what I need to decrease inversely to scale? Thanks!

Yeah, the last value, I don't know really, could be something else wrong, just play with the values and see if anything changes at all.

 

3 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@blackrack: I'm having issues with Sigma Dimensions.

These are the settings I have and It causes the sun glow to disappear.

See posts above or in previous page about rescaling sun flare with RSS, it's the same idea.

 

2 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Hey @blackrack what RGB scale is the config tool using? 0-1 or 0-255. I'm guessing 0-1 I just want to make sure.

These are scattering coefficients and can go all the way to infinity. Values close to 1 will result in a pretty thick and foggy atmosphere (maybe good for Eve?), just use the default values as a guideline and go from there.

 

1 hour ago, cobbman11 said:

SLUKyQd.png

Stunning! 

Just gorgeous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

@blackrack: How do I scale it up? I saw your previous post, but I can't figure it out.

In the lines that say sunSpikes.png and sunFlare.png the last value is the inverse of the scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, davidy12 said:

@blackrack: What is the inverse of 6.4?

The inverse of the sunflare scale and not whatever scaling mod you are using. Basically if you want the sunflare to be bigger you decrease the value and if youw ant it smaller you increase the value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Ohhh... 

@blackrack: Wait, I found out what happened. There were // in front of the png's.

That's a comment, that line doesn't matter and is provided for users to understand what's going on. The lines you want to change are:

flareSettings = 0.45,1,0.85
spikesSettings = 0.6,1,1

Am I being trolled here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blackrack said:

That's a comment, that line doesn't matter and is provided for users to understand what's going on. The lines you want to change are:

flareSettings = 0.45,1,0.85
spikesSettings = 0.6,1,1

Am I being trolled here?

Sorry. I just realized it as soon as I posted I SWEAR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just realized the extinction shader seems to be bugged in OpenGL, in that it attenuates colors but doesn't tint them, anyone else notice this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@blackrack changing shadow cascades didn't do it, but I was able to trace the problem to the anisotropic filtering setting applied by my Nvidia application profile.  Reducing it from 16x to 2x got rid of the black lines and reduced the shimmering of distant terrain.  I suppose it has some sort of detrimental interaction with the shadow mapping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vegemeister said:

@blackrack changing shadow cascades didn't do it, but I was able to trace the problem to the anisotropic filtering setting applied by my Nvidia application profile.  Reducing it from 16x to 2x got rid of the black lines and reduced the shimmering of distant terrain.  I suppose it has some sort of detrimental interaction with the shadow mapping.

Could be, what's your rendering quality setting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Could be, what's your rendering quality setting?

BU03yLM.png

Vsync is disabled because the compositor handles that, and I have anti-aliasing off because it doesn't seem to do anything on Linux.  Instead, I'm forcing 4xMS+4xCS with an application profile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.