Harv's 'Long Overdue' Feature?

Akinesis

What about stock launch checklist for all necessary systems?

Like something that says in VAB:

"You have not added any energy sources to your Spacecraft, do you really want to launch poor rocket to its doom?"

or

"You forgot to add any RCS thrusters, though you have RCS fuel. AGAIN?"

;1853634']What about stock launch checklist for all necessary systems?

Like something that says in VAB:

"You have not added any energy sources to your Spacecraft' date=' do you really want to launch poor rocket to its doom?"

or

"You forgot to add any RCS thrusters, though you have RCS fuel. AGAIN?"[/quote']

Already confirmed implemented in 1.0.

There are already a bunch of 1st time screens telling beginners what to do first. I'm rather assuming some practical/quality of life change.

I know, but the other day I saw a twiter post of a well known youtuber who was strugling to make her first orbit, which makes me think that the current information wasn't still enought.

But yeah, I would preffer some kind of feature that would be useful to me.

I know, but the other day I saw a twiter post of a well known youtuber who was strugling to make her first orbit, which makes me think that the current information wasn't still enought.

But yeah, I would preffer some kind of feature that would be useful to me.

1.0 has had a complete tutorial overhaul :)

Very speculative guess here but how about kerbal achievements viewable from the Astronaut complex.

No idea how long this would take to do but a) it wouldn't need balancing, so could be added at the last minute, B) the underlying code has been in the game for a while if I remember rightly (I might not :) ) and c) it would be a nod back to the earliest days of KSP where the game was basically an altitude contest - and having some kind of in-game 'high score table' would have been good.

Edit. Either that or the Launch Tower is back! :D

Hmm, something at the first start of play?

First time, load into map view.

Then, you are asked to pick KSC's position on Kerbin. There is a hint that a place along the equator is maybe not a bad idea.

Very speculative guess here but how about kerbal achievements viewable from the Astronaut complex.

No idea how long this would take to do but a) it wouldn't need balancing, so could be added at the last minute, B) the underlying code has been in the game for a while if I remember rightly (I might not :) ) and c) it would be a nod back to the earliest days of KSP where the game was basically an altitude contest - and having some kind of in-game 'high score table' would have been good.

Edit. Either that or the Launch Tower is back! :D

I would go for it.

I remember how excited I was with the completed investigations tab.

Howeber, I don't see it as a long overdue feature.

It will be countdown or non clipping parachutes

;1853662']Oh my! Sorry' date=' haven't seen it implemented already.

Then... If it is first time I play... Intro video? Tip of the day?[/quote']

Both also confirmed implemented for 1.0!

Its a countdown! Can't launch a rocket without some sort of countdown!
How bout Terrain Scatters (WIP) no longer being WIP?

These have been confirmed as 'incorrect guesses' by Harv already. The OP has been updated with wrong suggestions :)

Looking at that list of ideas on the first post.

Harv would be thinking

"hhmm, so many small things that really should be done before we call a 1.0 release.

All those little quality of life adjustments that make a game launch great instead of ok.

Screw it, Ill give them one just to shut them up."